Albion Online is releasing soon!

ZigZagsZigZags CaliforniaMember UncommonPosts: 370
edited April 17 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Try the final beta! This game is like Runescape/Ultima Online. Full Loot, housing, top down and it will play on tablets too for all you gatherers and toilet gamers! Try it! Please use my referral link if you do.


https://albiononline.com/ [mod edit]

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Post edited by Vaross on

Comments

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAMember UncommonPosts: 2,006
    how do I try it?  Its telling me to buy it

  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ DeLand, FLMember UncommonPosts: 69
    It's still $30 to beta test it.
  • ZigZagsZigZags CaliforniaMember UncommonPosts: 370

    GrandpaDJ said:

    It's still $30 to beta test it.

    Yea, its also your copy of the game at release. Of all the early releases I've ever paid for this is the best one by far. Been playing it off and on the beta since 2015. Its releasing live July 7, 2017 so its a great time to get acquainted with the game before launch. I'm starting a PVE, gatherer, crafter guild for us players who have become somewhat carebear with age but want to provide support and ally with a pvp guild for protection.

    Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

    www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

  • ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,694
    Referral Links
    • MMORPG.com does not support its members posting links for which they are entitled to reward. This constitutes advertising on the forums. If you wish to purchase advertising with us, please contact admin@mmorpg.com.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage louisville,KYMember UncommonPosts: 482
    the game isnt that great..its a grinding,1 button click/browser type of game..its fun for awhile but gets super dull fast..like most mmos that have a decent craft system mixed with open pvp the carebears take over and try to make it something its not and also make it dull and boring..but this is my opinion i think this will die off in a few months after the full release..the game isnt near finished and it opens i think in a month 1/2 ..it can arguably be a pay to win game also..yes you can not pay a cent after you buy it for 30$ but if you want that edge for instant gear when you reach desired tier instead of crafting you can just simply keep buying "gold" from their site and buy / get anything you need from the AH ..just like all games with this type of  system, who evers clan/guild has the most money ..wins..you can tell they tryed to go the UO way,but it just dosent stick
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,358
    Dark Fall, Rise of Agon is better at the moment im hoping Albion improves but for now...

    https://www.linkedin.com/company/sandbox-interactive-gmbh  This company has less than 50 people working for them...

    And the amount of Bad Mouthing / Non hardcore Game-Play is insane I liked Alpha Better TBH.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,647
    edited April 17



    Renoaku said:

    https://www.linkedin.com/company/sandbox-interactive-gmbh  This company has less than 50 people working for them...






    So they are in the same company size bracket as Big Picture Games with less than 50 employees. I see. 

    https://www.linkedin.com/m/company/10904007/

    EDIT: Never mind. I went to their website and counted them, since they list them there. 

    Not much of a count: 22

    Sounds more like a few out of work developers that just can't let Darkfall go. lulz
    Post edited by postlarval on
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,358
    edited April 17
    Hmm says they got 14 Employee at BPG, and 42 at Sandbox Interactive, but Blizzard 4,690 LOL....

    I still bet Sandbox Interactive loses a few before long, Sure Dark Fall has failed many times, but Over-All we are looking at a game with  Better Graphics, one that's not going for a Mobile Version / APP, and now we have a serious situation with SBI's game...

    . They have to split the work load between the APP, and the Game Development.
    . Some players are accusing one developer of driving the game into the ground I won't name who here.

    Biggest problem IMO.

    . The game changed a lot since Alpha / Beta, I played this game before Founders Packs were around the Housing system had a lot more models of houses, as well as the game was designed about PVP in mind and Full Loot, this is what drove me to play the game and enjoy it the most...

    But now the game is like less than 3 months from Launch, and its been made Care-Bear basically you can go from levels 1-4 all in a safe zone without having to worry about any PVP or dying, want better gear just buy the materials off the market to get better gear.

    IMO what this company tried to do is follow the same style "EVE Online" did, but there is a reason why in EVE it was successful at doing this type of PVP and game play because of how it works and even you get get ganked in any area of space except there are penalty's for doing such, in a game like Albion this doesn't work...

    The Next biggest thing is economy.

    If you don't have premium or don't buy this on at least 3 characters Do not bother playing Albion, this is what I did and would do myself because you have to Feed your buildings for upkeep or lose them and that makes people have to farm while not a bad idea having different tiers of food really messed up the game at least they way they did it, but in order to be really successful you need Alts and Premium accounts because of the bonuses You are okay without, But only if you are strictly a fighter in the game...

    One of the guys or developers who watches the Economics also just sits down and does their calculations based off the Market Data, and calculates profits based off focus rather than Raw Values.

    But we will see how this game goes after release, much content such as "Housing Choices" "Resoure Transmutions" Higher tier to Lower Tiers and such have been removed from the game, and no decent character models put into the game.

    VS Dark Fall

    On the other Hand Dark Fall, has less employee, but its focused on a Single Game, no Mobile Version, Sure its absolutely old, But its like EVE Online, and Full Loot, the way Albion should have been done in my eyes.

    Not to say Dark Fall is the best game out there, just currently its the only one I have played and think is half way decent, Crow Fall, Indenity MMO, and Black Desert, especially Black Desert, Could have been Half way better, for example one of the things I wish Dark Fall had, was actual housing that had more uses, and Farming, as in Actual Farming of crops, and herbs, but it doesn't This could be where "Life Is Feudal" as a MMO could be succesful, But at this point I have lost faith in so many companies because of the lack of good development decisions.

    And the boring part about EVE Online to me is staring at your ship for hours a day, doing nothing but sitting there mining rocks in high sec, clicking DScan constantly in Nullsec or waiting for Wormhole fires, but on the other hand in Dark Fall, you actually go out hit nodes, and have to watch your back for people who will come gank you for gear.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,588
    A shame they adopted those totally obsolete fixed camera down graphics.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • JakeSimJakeSim Franklin, MAMember UncommonPosts: 798


    A shame they adopted those totally obsolete fixed camera down graphics.


    So sick and tired of top down games.
    I got addicted to streaming. You can check it out by searching "JakeSimTV". I'd post a link but it shows my channel embedded.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,647

    JakeSim said:





    A shame they adopted those totally obsolete fixed camera down graphics.




    So sick and tired of top down games.


    So don't play them. Problem solved. 
  • JakeSimJakeSim Franklin, MAMember UncommonPosts: 798




    JakeSim said:








    A shame they adopted those totally obsolete fixed camera down graphics.






    So sick and tired of top down games.




    So don't play them. Problem solved. 


    Did I say I was playing them? It's a shame to some when you see such a great concept for a game and then it's top down.
    I got addicted to streaming. You can check it out by searching "JakeSimTV". I'd post a link but it shows my channel embedded.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,647

    JakeSim said:








    JakeSim said:











    A shame they adopted those totally obsolete fixed camera down graphics.








    So sick and tired of top down games.






    So don't play them. Problem solved. 




    Did I say I was playing them? It's a shame to some when you see such a great concept for a game and then it's top down.


    Nope, but neither did I. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,358
    Honestly I wouldn't bother with Albion Online, as one of the Original players who played this game for years before founders packs, very much run by unprofessional people, so my game account got banned for a stupid reason of trading across games without knowledge it was illegal at the time over 3 years lol...

    Keeping that story short this morning I made a post on their forums talking about Dark Fall, Rise OF Agon, with some other people, and they got so Jealous they decided to Lock the whole login account... Pretty sad looks like damage control to me, and the way they treat their over 3 year customers I bet ROA developers or administration wouldn't ban a user for one light mistake.

    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50540-Darkfall-Rise-of-Agon-Open-world-full-loot-first-person-combat-sandbox-MMO/?postID=504981#post504981  Im not the OP lol.

    Looks like damage control to me a game company who had done nothing but drive the game into the ground, even another user on the forum was talking about how one developer has taken this game and drove it into the ground since the very start, which its kinda true, not sure its them alone but compared to ALPHA, this game has went down-hill a lot in many ways.

    As for making the game Cross Platform, I think this is one of the biggest mistakes they could have ever done, unless people are dueling on the same device PC users will always have an unfair advantage.
  • volttvoltt Toronto, OntarioMember UncommonPosts: 356

    Renoaku said:

    Honestly I wouldn't bother with Albion Online, as one of the Original players who played this game for years before founders packs, very much run by unprofessional people, so my game account got banned for a stupid reason of trading across games without knowledge it was illegal at the time over 3 years lol...

    Keeping that story short this morning I made a post on their forums talking about Dark Fall, Rise OF Agon, with some other people, and they got so Jealous they decided to Lock the whole login account... Pretty sad looks like damage control to me, and the way they treat their over 3 year customers I bet ROA developers or administration wouldn't ban a user for one light mistake.

    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50540-Darkfall-Rise-of-Agon-Open-world-full-loot-first-person-combat-sandbox-MMO/?postID=504981#post504981  Im not the OP lol.

    Looks like damage control to me a game company who had done nothing but drive the game into the ground, even another user on the forum was talking about how one developer has taken this game and drove it into the ground since the very start, which its kinda true, not sure its them alone but compared to ALPHA, this game has went down-hill a lot in many ways.

    As for making the game Cross Platform, I think this is one of the biggest mistakes they could have ever done, unless people are dueling on the same device PC users will always have an unfair advantage.


    there just tired of you spamming them i guess after they banned you for buying currency from third party sites
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,358

    voltt said:



    Renoaku said:


    Honestly I wouldn't bother with Albion Online, as one of the Original players who played this game for years before founders packs, very much run by unprofessional people, so my game account got banned for a stupid reason of trading across games without knowledge it was illegal at the time over 3 years lol...

    Keeping that story short this morning I made a post on their forums talking about Dark Fall, Rise OF Agon, with some other people, and they got so Jealous they decided to Lock the whole login account... Pretty sad looks like damage control to me, and the way they treat their over 3 year customers I bet ROA developers or administration wouldn't ban a user for one light mistake.

    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50540-Darkfall-Rise-of-Agon-Open-world-full-loot-first-person-combat-sandbox-MMO/?postID=504981#post504981  Im not the OP lol.

    Looks like damage control to me a game company who had done nothing but drive the game into the ground, even another user on the forum was talking about how one developer has taken this game and drove it into the ground since the very start, which its kinda true, not sure its them alone but compared to ALPHA, this game has went down-hill a lot in many ways.

    As for making the game Cross Platform, I think this is one of the biggest mistakes they could have ever done, unless people are dueling on the same device PC users will always have an unfair advantage.




    there just tired of you spamming them i guess after they banned you for buying currency from third party sites


    Nah I haven't spammed them only filed like 2 support tickets total, oh and I unlocked my own account from their website because I found a bug that allowed me to do so LOL, and decided to report that to them because im a honest a person.

    I think my post about how great Dark Fall ROA's Support was this morning talking about the game with others just made them jealous.
Sign In or Register to comment.