Alpha 3.0 Production Schedule (updated 21st October)

1242526272830»

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member RarePosts: 681
    edited October 1
    rodarin said:
    hfztt said:
    MaxBacon said:

But speculating this out I would say Citcon card will be SQ42, 3.0 has been already last month in GC.
    SQ42? That thing they JUST missed being able to show off last year by DAYS. And then was a no show for 12 months. That SQ42?

Would be about f'ing bloody time if they did...
    youll NEVER see ANYTHING that is PLAYABLE at any of these conventions. At least not playable on any server other than their own.

But SQ 42 should tell everyone something.

They WILL make a MAJOR announcement about SOMETHING and then next year THAT WONT be delivered either.

The fact that people fall for the same shell game year in and year out is amazing.

You can go back over the past 3 or 4 conventions (pick any of them) there isnt a single thing that highlighted any of them that is actually in the PTU, that includes stuff from 3 and 4 years ago.

Coincidence? Not hardly. But the bait and switch has gone on for so long people cant even remember what has been showcased and hyped and what hasnt.
    Making stuff up again lol? All the stuff we are playing now was shown or hinted in some form at Gamescon and Citizencon first.

Hangars, Dogfighting, Racing, ArcCorp City, 2.0 BabyPU, ComLink missions, FPS gameplay, Multicrew etc etc...

One example:

The game is complex for the outsiders as it is, no need to spread false information, if so it's better to refrain from posting or double checking first with someone who actually plays and follows Star Citizen development lol

Post edited by Babuinix on
    Excession
  • rodarinrodarin camarillo, CAMember RarePosts: 1,817
    LMAO those arent 'hype' fluff, those are merely core game mechanics that werent in the game. BTW how is persistence coming along?

Youre going to cite things that every MMO should have and call it them fulfilling some sort of big reveal?

Just because you have idoits clapping for them flying a ship (a BASE mechanic of any space game) obviously doesnt make it special. it just means they actually made ships move the way they HAVE to move in a space game.

Basically that is a 25 minute video of them walking in a station pulling up a ship getting on the ship flying to a way point going back to the station and walking around. Those are CORE MECHANICS not fluff and hype. 

But glad you mentioned multi crew. Are those in the PTU yet? As in a ship that takes more than 1 or 2 real players to control?

So you pick something from two years ago that isnt anything beyond the basics of any MMO and want to use it as an example of all the things they have done. LMAO.  But its typical I guess because with so little to actually cheer about you HAVE to find something I guess.
    Excession
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member RarePosts: 681
    edited October 2
    rodarin said:

youll NEVER see ANYTHING that is PLAYABLE at any of these conventions. At least not playable on any server other than their own.
    You got exposed, hard. Moving goalposts won't change that. Again refrain from posting false information.

Post edited by Babuinix on
    ExcessionShaigh
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 grenobleMember UncommonPosts: 319
    Babuinix said:

You got exposed, hard.
    I can see his wee-wee D:
    ErillionExcessionToodles
  • hfztthfztt GlostrupMember RarePosts: 1,243
    Babuinix said:
    rodarin said:

You got exposed, hard. Moving goalposts won't change that. Again refrain from posting false information.

Now, about moving goal posts: Somthing about throwing stones and glass houses...
    ExcessionKefo
  • gervaise1gervaise1 .Member RarePosts: 4,337

Last update : Oct 13th, 2017

This week our dedicated Evocati testers from the Community tackled Alpha 3.0 and allowed us to see performance and network issues we weren’t able to with our internal test group. This feedback gave us good insight on areas we can optimize to ensure that when 3.0 goes Live, it is a smooth, fun experience. As of Thursday, we were at 23 must fix issues to polish our shopping and cargo features, as well as working together with Evocati to process and fix bugs so we can get the build ready for the PTU and then go Live.

• KefoKefo London, ONMember EpicPosts: 3,033
    gervaise1 said:

Last update : Oct 13th, 2017

This week our dedicated Evocati testers from the Community tackled Alpha 3.0 and allowed us to see performance and network issues we weren’t able to with our internal test group. This feedback gave us good insight on areas we can optimize to ensure that when 3.0 goes Live, it is a smooth, fun experience. As of Thursday, we were at 23 must fix issues to polish our shopping and cargo features, as well as working together with Evocati to process and fix bugs so we can get the build ready for the PTU and then go Live.

shopping and cargo. Priorities for CIG :neutral:
    Dizisma
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,117
    edited October 16
    ~~ Currently released to the first testing group: Evocati

The Alpha 3.0 Production Schedule got updated:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

"This week our dedicated Evocati testers from the Community tackled Alpha 3.0 and allowed us to see performance and network issues we weren’t able to with our internal test group. This feedback gave us good insight on areas we can optimize to ensure that when 3.0 goes Live, it is a smooth, fun experience. As of Thursday, we were at 23 must fix issues to polish our shopping and cargo features, as well as working together with Evocati to process and fix bugs so we can get the build ready for the PTU and then go Live."

Burn Down, current status (Weekly Update):

The number of issues lies in 23, mind these are the list of bugs to deal with before pass update on the Evocati build that should focus on fixing/polishing the Shopping & Cargo Features.

Completed this past week:

• Comms System UI.

Resuming last week:
    - 1 Completed Tasks
    - A total of 5 features left.

Bug-fixing changelog for the past week in the full schedule page and in Evocati patch notes of the pretty much daily builds.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Dizisma
    ~~ Currently released to: Evocati

The Alpha 3.0 Production Schedule got updated:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

"This week, we generated more than fifteen internal builds which allowed QA to confirm fixes and identify new critical bugs. Three of these builds were released to the Evocati for intensive testing. One persistent bug was a memory leak issue where the game (either on the client or server side) soaked up more and more system RAM until it crashed. The team has been squashing this bug whenever they find it, but with performance issues like this, there is rarely a single solution. As more mechanics and code are implemented, any one of them can cause the issue to return. The programmers have been working with the engineering team to develop new additions to the Debug system which will help identifying these issues sooner. There was also a consistent Serialized Variable crash that occurred when there were data mismatches in the game code between the client and server which caused a disconnection. The debugging work the engineering team is doing for the memory leak should also help resolve this issue as well.

The team’s been focusing on the comprehensive Shopping experience and resolving any issues related to shopping, kiosks or the economy. They’ve fixed a series of issues that ranged from spawning the player inside their bed (literally) to one bug that took out all of the items from all of the shops. "

Burn Down, current status (Weekly Update):

What's still in progress:

• Continuing setup of the repair mission
    • Setting up basic steal mission
    • Implementing mission relevant dialogue to missions
    • Working on ship weapon pricing
    • Setting up the Shopkeepers in all the shops in game – working through issues with Subsumption
    • Testing Obj Container lighting exports – running into issues though where the lighting states aren’t working
    • Prepping the Mustang implementation file for the rework.

• Continued tweaking Lighting, RTT, Open Physics Proxy Pass on all ships.
    • Continued wokring on the polish pass for Area18 props.
    • Continued converting props into new Usable system.

• Continued working on Serialised Variables optimisations, and has been looking at Code 7 disconnect bugs.
      • The team has also been looking at potential optimizations and started performance R&D.
    • Continued working on Vid Comms.
    • Continued working on interactions.
    • Enabling airlock doors to open automatically when approached
    • Iterating on the Conversation system for characters
    • Working on HUD “Tidy Up” (e.g. – with no kit, helmet etc)
    • QATR is in now for headless clients (this system allows a developer to populate a server with AI Clients to test population-triggered bugs). First limit will be 24 headless, the next will be 100, if the first is successful.
    • Pawel has been doing some work on persistent spawning, has been bug fixing, and will move back to his proxy issues.

Bug-fixing changelog for the past week in the full schedule page and in Evocati patch notes of the pretty much daily builds.

Dizisma
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 8,900
    All sounds nice and everything, but until its all in a working game, then its really not all that relevant, and what i mean by a working game, is that i don't mean parts of a game that work, but hats off to those who have some amazing levels of patience and have stuck with it this long, its almost the end of the year and although i am no expert, it doesn't sound like they are really any closer to completing this game than they were at the beginning of the year, i just hope that those people who have bought the game are not going to end up being disappointed, i just know that for me i don't have the kind of 'patience' that is needed when it comes to waiting for things i have paid for to be 'delivered', maybe 2018 will bring the game closer to fruition, but i have to wonder if it this time next year if we'll just be looking at more lists of updates. :/
    ScotchUpDizisma
  • someforumguysomeforumguy HomeMember UncommonPosts: 3,834
    Funny, this way of version numbering.

They keep the numbers the same, but when completing some feature takes too long, they just move some of the planned features to a higher version number.

If you do this gradually enough , like over a year, little by little moving over features to future versions, it almost seems as if they stay close on schedule :p In version numbers anyway, not in actual planned features. 'Yeah, I am sorry, we have to move this feature and this feature over to next year, but don't worry, 3.1 is on schedule!'

Anyway, you could almost compare it to this company that keeps saying that there is enough money to finish SQ42, and with the box sales of SQ42 they would have enough to finish development of SC. Meanwhile they keep introducing more ridiculously priced ships that you can 'fund' the game with.  Oh wait , that is the same company, doh.

I wonder if they plan to continue selling these packages after game release too. I would be in awe if they manage to do that. It would be like GTA Online, but then greatly improved. Shark cards, but then with a better pitch.
    Phry said:
    All sounds nice and everything, but until its all in a working game, then its really not all that relevant, and what i mean by a working game, is that i don't mean parts of a game that work, but hats off to those who have some amazing levels of patience and have stuck with it this long, its almost the end of the year and although i am no expert, it doesn't sound like they are really any closer to completing this game than they were at the beginning of the year, i just hope that those people who have bought the game are not going to end up being disappointed, i just know that for me i don't have the kind of 'patience' that is needed when it comes to waiting for things i have paid for to be 'delivered', maybe 2018 will bring the game closer to fruition, but i have to wonder if it this time next year if we'll just be looking at more lists of updates. 
    We will always be looking at lists of updates, as one releases it all starts to expect and wait the next one, I don't think this would be any different after the game is released.

The release and completion of the game in the case of SC are not tied together either, so to be seen when they decide to call that.