Everquest 2 developers create new game

1235»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 12,990
    I see the question and not really answered soooo

Eq2 is actually the father of clones,Blizzard execs known for playing EQ imo were obviously in the loop on test servers as well for EQ2 so most likely were copying EQ2 which just so happens turns out Wow looks exactly like EQ2.

So in that sense EQ2 looks like Wow and all clones of now when talking modern you did not say MMORPG just MMO which of course is not the same thing.

Pretty much EVERYTHING i have seen the last 3-5 years is awful,it all looks like fast 1-2 year games rushing in with cash shops.Some are calling these mmo's,idc what they call them,they are off my to do list ,filed under garbage.

Games always have some mild differences but it is what you actually do in game and how you do it that makes a game different.In that sense EQ2 is exactly like 99% of the games,the few different were UO,FFXI,EQ1 etc etc.ALL the clone games are imo the anti MMO,they are designed to SOLO,designed to vee line to yellow markers,you could in essence remove the npc altogether as it is the yellow marker players are aiming at.

Obviously my opinion but even to this day EQ2 looks as good as most games because the detail and lighting was ahead of it's time while most games use terrible or cheap lighting often with no shaders and low detail.EQ2 is actually the template i use still to this day to rate and judge other mmorpg's of that type because it does so much.I don't have enough time and writing capacity to mention al the subtle little things EQ2 does beyond what all the Wow and clones do.
    jeddakus

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VorthanionVorthanion Laguna Vista, TXMember UncommonPosts: 2,497
    The developers have enough passion for this game to entice me to try it out when it releases.  It can pass or fail on its own merits.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,543
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

I hate driving games, totally useless,  heck if I wanted to drive I'd just fire up the truck and go.

:)
    This is better than any video game:

If you are buying,  I'll be happy to drive it.

B)
    It's actually mine (Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6), you're welcome to visit in France and I may eventually let you drive it for a few kilometers ;)
    Someday I may take you up on that offer when wife and I make our Euro tour, but the next trip is to Alaska I think, some sort of bucket list thing older folks here stateside get in their heads.
    You'll be more than welcome, we may even find the time to talk about video games between two songs from the "Busso" V6 engine ;)
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • jeddakusjeddakus Member CommonPosts: 4
    Wizardry said:

Games always have some mild differences but it is what you actually do in game and how you do it that makes a game different.In that sense EQ2 is exactly like 99% of the games,the few different were UO,FFXI,EQ1 etc etc.ALL the clone games are imo the anti MMO,they are designed to SOLO,designed to vee line to yellow markers,you could in essence remove the npc altogether as it is the yellow marker players are aiming at.

Oh how I wish we could go back to when games we're different and each one we tried it was an eye opening experience instead of just another clone of what has come before. I understand why it happens but it doesn't make it any easier. No game should be called a MMO when it focuses on soloing. Many mmo's that were once group focused games are now solo-centric or they wouldn't be around as long as they have.  (and of course this is my opinion as I only know how to voice my own). thanks for the insights.
  • XatericXateric Member UncommonPosts: 32
    jeddakus said:
    Wizardry said:

"No game should be called a MMO when it focuses on soloing. "  This is so very true....

I am playing Black Desert and any game that has no trading should not be called MMO as well!