Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting rumor.... KOTOR revival?

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember Posts: 9,105 Legendary
    Distopia said:
    Just for the record I for one would be happy if it just turns out to be a remake of the original on a modern engine with better combat. I'd be happier with a new game entirely of course. 
    I'd play that.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member Posts: 1,526 Uncommon
    Wizardry said:
    They already used it in SWTOR which is why i lost interest in SWTOR because it was a VERY lazy design for a mmo.
    I really don't like much of Bioware period,their  designs are all cheap/lazy.I still remember the day i bought KOTOR ,i was really excited,it was my first SW's game and i somewhat enjoyed it for a few days until i realized how simple and repetitive the design was.It is one of the few big name games in my portfolio of hundreds that i have never wanted to go back and play/finish.
    Seeing the poster above me,maybe that's that problem,just like SWTOR i heard so many people praise the  story/dialogue,i thought it wasn't even average but more so below average and VERY predictable.So all 3 aspects,the story/combat/interaction were just not good enough.I realize MOST games fail in interaction but i don't use that as an excuse for every other game.
    Why even post if yo don't like the company or the game.  Do you have a need to feel superior to everyone else because you think the game is lazy/cheap and therefore have more discerning taste. 

I have a serious question.  Is there a AAA game in the last 5 years that has been released that you do like?  10 years?  I would like to see the list of games that are not lazy/cheap. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember Posts: 7,294 Epic
    Thourne said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Thourne said:
    This could be good but also very tricky.
    Aren't future games held to the same rules of canon as comics, books and movies since the purchase and reorganization by Disney?
    So far none of EAware's KotOR games are considered canon, so Disney may just tell them to stay in their "Legends" box out of the way like they are now.
    That was kind of my point.
    If Disney allowed them to reference any of the old KoTOR games it would make them in part or in whole canon.
    It would seem something Disney would likely, prefer left in Legends territory.

Who gives a crap about canon?  Make a good game to heck with canon.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

New 20016/12/09  Xmas Music:   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQc5iHL4PTg5sfF2yVCGARQ

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

2»