Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Scorpio Exclusive: Final Specs Revealed!

123457»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHMember Posts: 8,359 Rare

gervaise1 said:

SEANMCAD said:

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

Aren't XBoxes just wannabe, watered-down desktops these days, overall?  <snip>

Are they? Are PCs more powerful than consoles?

The answer is "can be". PCs can be more powerful than consoles. PCs can be built. PCs can be upgraded to add the latest and greatest components. They can be be made to order. Prices can run into thousands.

Can be.

Conversely PCs can slow; old, the equivalent of a dinosaurs. Laptops in particular can be under-whelming and as for office PCs .... enough said.

Consoles provide a benchmark if you like. A bar against which "PCs" can be measured if you like. When they are first launched they are usually pretty powerful machines - not as powerful as top end PCs but powerful. And - because they are produced in large numbers - they will offer "excellent" value for money. 

And developers like them. A lot. Games are "less likely" to be plagued by compatibility issues.

if you were to put a scale to it consoles are less powerful than the average mid level gaming machine and yes when I say 'mid level' I dont mean 'well it depends on if you consider a rocket ship mid level' no, I mean likely your mid fucking level

Was that a mid-level machine bought this year or last year or the year before? People don't change or update PCs with the frequency that people update consoles. Cost being the key. And why a mid-level PC? why not a high level PC from 5 years ago or a new low level PC?

The only way you can really do a comparison is to use cost. Compare a console to a PC you can buy for the same money.

And when you do - due to something called "economy of scale" - consoles basically win. And that is before you get into the debate about whether console costs are artificially low.

Which is why rocket ships are more expensive than cars. They are not mass produced. They are certainly more powerful though.

Nonsense.  My PC which is 3 years old is still light years better than any console and I have less than $1000 in it.  There is not one of those exclusive games that I have any interest in playing as there are just as good games on the PC and I just do not have the time to play them as there are so many.

Consoles problem is that the basic IO is still the controller which is inferior to any mouse keyboard combo.  Ask any developer why they have separate servers for each when it comes to pvp.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXMember Posts: 13,346 Epic

gervaise1 said:

SEANMCAD said:

gervaise1 said:

Lokero said:

Aren't XBoxes just wannabe, watered-down desktops these days, overall?  <snip>

Are they? Are PCs more powerful than consoles?

The answer is "can be". PCs can be more powerful than consoles. PCs can be built. PCs can be upgraded to add the latest and greatest components. They can be be made to order. Prices can run into thousands.

Can be.

Conversely PCs can slow; old, the equivalent of a dinosaurs. Laptops in particular can be under-whelming and as for office PCs .... enough said.

Consoles provide a benchmark if you like. A bar against which "PCs" can be measured if you like. When they are first launched they are usually pretty powerful machines - not as powerful as top end PCs but powerful. And - because they are produced in large numbers - they will offer "excellent" value for money. 

And developers like them. A lot. Games are "less likely" to be plagued by compatibility issues.

if you were to put a scale to it consoles are less powerful than the average mid level gaming machine and yes when I say 'mid level' I dont mean 'well it depends on if you consider a rocket ship mid level' no, I mean likely your mid fucking level

Was that a mid-level machine bought this year or last year or the year before? People don't change or update PCs with the frequency that people update consoles. ...

LOL.

the Xbox 360 ran on hardware from when it was originally released for 7 fucking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

console players are date stamped a LOT more than PC players are

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXMember Posts: 13,346 Epic
    edited April 20

SEANMCAD said:

so basically one does NOT need to try every single game on the planet in order to tell if the game is not to their liking if they have experience in games.

This is the basic point you have been trying to make, and this point completely misses the premise of the phrase "All exclusive console titles are bad"  

Here's another one.  "All VR titles are bad".  Sounds good doesn't it?  

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is NOT the point I have been trying to make since I started interacting with you.

The point is that your statement of you need to try it to know is a false statement. Everything else not related to that is off topic completely in the conversation between you and I

but as a different topic I did NOT say all exclusives are bad. I said its not true that all exclusives are all good

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

123457»