Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Scorpio Exclusive: Final Specs Revealed!

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2017
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

PC I only play MMOs. Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks. If I was not a mmo player I would not be a PC gamer. 

Xbox I know alot of their games are on PC but I prefer playing in my living room on the big screen and no I am not going to bring my PC in the living room. 

PS4 is the king of gaming period. It destroys PC and Xbox when it comes to games. 

Uncharted, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush, Crash Bandicoot, God Of War just to name a few. 

two seperate things there that do not work well together.

1. you dont like PC games very much
    2. you would not move your PC into your living room.

Ok well if you dont like PC games much it would not make sense to move your PC to your living room. However, if you DID like PC games but wanted to play games in the living room then it would make sense to move the PC into the living room.

So my question is, do you like not PC games because of PC games OR because they are not in your living room?

What are the best PC games that have released in 2017 so far?

doesnt really answer my question. 

I am still trying to understand if:

A. you dont like PC games BECAUSE you cant play them in the living room or
    B. you dont like PC games full stop.

I dont have a problem with people not liking PC games I am just trying to resolve your statement about the living room.

To answer your question I dont keep a mental query on what games where released when but I can give you a list of PC games I have enjoyed over the last few years and or want to play but havent yet I will try to keep them in order of how much I like them:

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

I am sure I am missing some I am just doing that off the top of my head

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

PC I only play MMOs. Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks. If I was not a mmo player I would not be a PC gamer. 

Xbox I know alot of their games are on PC but I prefer playing in my living room on the big screen and no I am not going to bring my PC in the living room. 

PS4 is the king of gaming period. It destroys PC and Xbox when it comes to games. 

Uncharted, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush, Crash Bandicoot, God Of War just to name a few. 

"Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks"

Thats a pretty sweeping statement @Recore

One that I would expect a child to make.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    And this proves my point. PC gamer's not understanding why someone would prefer a console and they have to react. I haven't touched a console since the n64. My kids play consoles and only use PC's for work/school. Why can't people just let it be?
    Kilrain said:
    And this proves my point. PC gamer's not understanding why someone would prefer a console and they have to react. I haven't touched a console since the n64. My kids play consoles and only use PC's for work/school. Why can't people just let it be?
    ????

which statement are you refering to as evidence of your 'proof'?

speaking for myself I am not saying people who like console games are wrong I am just asking what he meant by the living room statement and trying to correlate it with what he said in the start of his statement.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

Ok well if you dont like PC games much it would not make sense to move your PC to your living room. However, if you DID like PC games but wanted to play games in the living room then it would make sense to move the PC into the living room.

So my question is, do you like not PC games because of PC games OR because they are not in your living room?

I dont have a problem with people not liking PC games I am just trying to resolve your statement about the living room.

To answer your question I dont keep a mental query on what games where released when but I can give you a list of PC games I have enjoyed over the last few years and or want to play but havent yet I will try to keep them in order of how much I like them:

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

You just named alot of nothing. 

Alot of them released before 2017 and most of them are just budget indies that are on console. 

This is why PC gaming sucks. 

Ni Oh alone is better than all of those combined. 
    edited April 2017
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

Alot of them released before 2017 and most of them are just budget indies that are on console. 

your having a different conversation then I am having. I am not trying to convince you that PC games are worth your time. I am trying to understand your living room statement.

and they are all indies, I find indie game play to be CONSIDERABLY more enjoyable then AAAs on average but that is not the conversation I am trying to have with you, I am trying to resolve your statement on living room but I think I got my answer indirectly from your subconcious

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Aori said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    If you have a good PC, there is no reason to get an xbox over a PS4. None whatsoever, if there is a reason then let me know.
    zelda, destiny, halo. many more as well. as i said, i play all platforms because each has their own value to gaming.
    I didn't know Zelda was on Xbox. Destiny isn't limited to Xbox. Halo will be on modern Windows going forward. I don't think you read what I wrote. Try again.
    wow. its like talking to a 7 yr old. i said i own ALL platforms. no one said zelda was on xbone. no one said destiny is only on xbone although its not on pc.....yet. halo isnt on pc as well either......yet. the statement that you quoted even said "i play all platforms". i guess i need to explain what that means. by saying i play all platforms, that means xbone, nintendo, playstation AND pc. read again
    laserit said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

"Outside of MMOs pc gaming sucks"

Thats a pretty sweeping statement @Recore

One that I would expect a child to make.

I do not care what anybody thinks of me. 

I am not perfect but I am the closest thing to it.  =)

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

as far as i'm concerned most indies make most triple A games look like a bad joke.

if all you care about is new triple A games i can see why you prefer console exclusives which is fine to each their own.

personally i think consoles offer the worst gaming experience and too many unnecessary hoops and fees just to enjoy a game,something consoles once were great at was convenience(i do own two gaming pc's i built,xbox one and a ps4 for the record)

Just like our different opinions on games and platforms it's all about perspective and expectations which is why saying one game is better than many games from different genres and play styles is beyond silly.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    SEANMCAD said:

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

That list is a joke especially if its the first ones you thought of.  And some of those are on consoles too like 7 days to die and Elite.
    edited April 2017
    pantaro said:
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

as far as i'm concerned most indies make most triple A games look like a bad joke.

if all you care about is new triple A games i can see why you prefer console exclusives which is fine to each their own.

personally i think consoles offer the worst gaming experience and too many unnecessary hoops and fees just to enjoy a game,something consoles once were great at was convenience(i do own two gaming pc's i built,xbox one and a ps4 for the record)

Just like our different opinions on games and platforms it's all about perspective and expectations which is why saying one game is better than many games from different genres and play styles is beyond silly.

Stopped ready after the word "joke".  :(

SEANMCAD said:

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

That list is a joke especially if its the first ones you thought of.  And some of those are on consoles too like 7 days to die and Elite.

Most of them are except maybe 3. 
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    jircris said:
    Reizla said:
    Recore said:
    Published on Apr 6, 2017

Rich went to Microsoft to see Project Scorpio, talk to the people who made it and see software running. But just how powerful is it? This video reveals all.

Stopped listening at 3:20. DX12 integrated into the CPU/GPU chip. This means that all that MS has done is 'upgrade' the custom Jaguar chipset into a PC compatible system that MUST be able to run Windows 10 / DirecX12 compatible applications. IMO this is not an upgrade but rather a downgrade compared to the power that most gamers already have on their Windows 10 computer.
    see the issue with your post though true, is that MOST who buy consoles can not aford a top end computer. i am running a 700 USD computer and its about on par with this one. I know if i was to build my own computer i could get more for the same price but sadly with no work space i am left to buy pre-built ones. This is more for non PC players and less for PC gamers.
    work space? Ive built my last two gaming towers on my kitchen table...
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Recore said:
    I own Xbox, PS4 and PC. 

Beg to differ, I would take an Xbox any day over a PS4.   Just a better box and it has HD blueray a major plus.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Have a gaming PC and a PS4, both in the living room, because, where else would i put them?
    There are some good games on the PS4, but the PC is my go to device for gaming, why, because the games are better, and there are not that many games on PS4 that i am interested in that are not on PC, so it doesn't make sense not to get them on PC as the gaming experience for me is far superior, for me the PS4 is handy for playing the odd gaming session of Destiny, or as a youtube video player, as for the upcoming Xbox Scorpio, i have a reasonably high end gaming PC, why would i buy one? particularly as the price is likely to be anything from $500 to $700 depending on how much of a loss Microsoft is willing to sell them at, as for the Scorpio's '4k' gaming, its using the same work around as the PS4 Pro, not true 4k at all, as for the ultra blue ray whatsit, does anyone use them these days? maybe its just me but i haven't bought a movie or anything on disc for years, and i have a fair sized video library on Amazon, then again, its not the first time that Microsoft added an expensive but ultimately useless device to their gaming consoles, kinnect anyone :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited April 2017
    I have gaming PCs in my study (two of them), my living room (just one) and my basement (for when disturbing my wife's sleep may lead to... consequences...)  The study will become the Bless center soon (I hope).

I also have an Xbox One.  The only game I am playing on that right now is an MMO (DCUO), although this weekend I am going to give Hawken a try.

I've been computer gaming since 1979, although I did not get serious about it until the early 90's.  No matter how good the consoles are getting, I always find myself going back to the PC.  And with MSVR coming up, I think it will stay that way for a long time.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

Recore said:
    pantaro said:
    Recore said:

yeah but to be fair when asked a direct question (by me) I think three times and you decide instead to talk about something completely different and not related to my orginal question one should not be surprised that you perfer AAAs to be frank

SEANMCAD said:

7 Days to Die
    Kerbal Space Program
    Space Engineers
    Wurm Unlimited
    Cities Skylines
    Subnatutica
    The Forest
    Elite Dangerous
    Planet Coaster
    Kenshi
    Stranded Deep
    Banished

lol..

edited April 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    pantaro said:
    Recore said:

yeah but to be fair when asked a direct question (by me) I think three times and you decide instead to talk about something completely different and not related to my orginal question one should not be surprised that you perfer AAAs to be frank

I dont answer to you. 

I say what I have to say and you take it or not. 

Everything has been explained already. 
    edited April 2017
    Another PS4 Exclusive that just released. PS4 is on fire right now.  B)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Recore said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Recore said:
    pantaro said:
    Recore said:

Everything has been explained already. 
    no it hasnt which is the whole point.

Literally everything you have said thus far has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I said, at all, zero not related at all. so yeah...nothing has been explained already

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I want to get persona 5 on my PS 3 the difference is so minimal between PS3 and PS4 for this game

Chamber of Chains
    Recore said:
    Another PS4 Exclusive that just released. PS4 is on fire right now.  B)

This game is so good! So much fun

Bill posted a video of him playing. I will have to get this. My PS4 Wish List is growing and I still have alot of games already to finish.