Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO opinion

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
Do you think Elder Scrolls online gold edition is worth putting time into now or is it becoming stale etc. I know that the MorrowWind expansion is coming in a few months but still i dont know much about this game. It jsut doesnt seem like a game that people HAVE to try.

Comments

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Well tbh if you anticipate that you may want to stay when Morrowind comes out then you can already preorder Morrowind expansion with base game itself in one bundle. But when it comes to gold edition then don't look at extras such as pets or mounts. The real benefit comes with included dlc pack that does change gameplay experience a lot (2 more guilds to join, extra skill lines, more story and so on). I'd say that base game without dlc content is right now roughly half of what game has to offer.

And game is far from stale really.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    As @alterfenix says the game isn't stale. Whether its a game for you - only you can decide.

It can be played as a solo game - with solo stuff not pseudo-group or as a multi-player game - both group and co-op.

You cab wait for Morrowind, opt for Gold or - as above - just get the basic. Basic is well over half the game, if you start now and put in significant time you might be able to get the main story stuff done before Morrowind releases!

You don't have to though. Ultimately since the patch last November (One Tamriel) you can do any part of the game in any order (disclaimer: "veteran" versions of e.g. dungeons etc. excluded). That said there is an over-arching story for each faction but its a huge amount of quests. 

It may come down to price. If you pick up the basic for sub $20 you can add the 4 DLC pack later if you want. Or buy the DLCs individually (there are 5). Or wait for Morrowind and get the DLC if you wish.

The other thing it could come down to is whether you have any attachment to other ES titles. If you do you will get moments of deja vu.