Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you dislike Mass Effect Andromeda?

2»

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited April 2017
    How dare people post in the most active threads on the forum. REEEEEEEEE

As far as your question goes, I'm about 40 hours in now and the story has failed to grab me. I find myself avoiding the main story to do side quests, but they are quickly starting to feel like repetitive busy work. I don't like the characters and don't feel any connection to them. Liam in particular annoys the crap out of me. He's the equivalent of a CoD dude bro that constantly says and does stupid things.

I'm someone who enjoys puzzles in my games and like that they break up some of the repetitive flow, but MEA's puzzles aren't particularly well designed.

I can see why some people like the changes they've made to combat, but I preferred the tactical style from previous games that were similar to Full Spectrum Warrior. Deploying your team members in the right spots and directing them to work as a team was what made ME games more than just a mediocre cover shooter.

As far as the Manveer stuff goes, Bioware knew exactly what he was when they hired him. He's been an outspoken SJW/Anti-white activist for more than a decade and has given promoted presentations on his ideology at places like GDC. When the backlash against him started a year ago, Bioware brass backed him up and continued to employ him for months while he fantasized about murdering white people for imagined offenses and pissing on their bloodied faces.

http://archive.is/bCQRS

You have played the game you laid out why you don't like it.  That was what I asked, thanks.  I just really wanted to hear from people that didn't like it but played it.  Not here to argue your opinion.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    How about this Op. 

Played as much of the game as I can take. , bad character stories, fucking crap animations and pathetic gay liberalism. 

The gay liberalism got me I did have to laugh at that one, but it is true.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    I already broke it down somewhat in as few sentences as i could in the other thread.
    To put it simply,it is not good enough,i have better games to play and am not buying this one just because it is a new face.
    I find fanbois attitudes as just bad for the industry because i already see it with Destiny 2,i bet millions are ready to hand over their money w/o even a care of the game's quality.All this free spending is allowing devs to do half assed work and get rich doing it.
    As o the notion of 60 hours int othe game...LMAO

It doesn't even have 60 hours of gameplay.I watched several streamers and a lot of Dan's gaming whom i watched finish the game.The design of the game is the same from the first minute right to the end,imo a very weak overall presentation.
    The final cutscene before the prologue....absolutely terrible as most all the cutscenes were.

Unlike yourself, some of us like video games.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    How dare people post in the most active threads on the forum. REEEEEEEEE

As far as your question goes, I'm about 40 hours in now and the story has failed to grab me. I find myself avoiding the main story to do side quests, but they are quickly starting to feel like repetitive busy work. I don't like the characters and don't feel any connection to them. Liam in particular annoys the crap out of me. He's the equivalent of a CoD dude bro that constantly says and does stupid things.

I'm someone who enjoys puzzles in my games and like that they break up some of the repetitive flow, but MEA's puzzles aren't particularly well designed.

I can see why some people like the changes they've made to combat, but I preferred the tactical style from previous games that were similar to Full Spectrum Warrior. Deploying your team members in the right spots and directing them to work as a team was what made ME games more than just a mediocre cover shooter.

As far as the Manveer stuff goes, Bioware knew exactly what he was when they hired him. He's been an outspoken SJW/Anti-white activist for more than a decade and has given promoted presentations on his ideology at places like GDC. When the backlash against him started a year ago, Bioware brass backed him up and continued to employ him for months while he fantasized about murdering white people for imagined offenses and pissing on their bloodied faces.

http://archive.is/bCQRS

holy crap i spent 5 minutes reading everyone going into flame war mode before you finally posted a reply that actually responded to what the OP was asking for.  yeah i came here to hear about the cons of this game.  thanks for this reply.  i think everything preceding this is just ppl trolling and flaming and combating each other with replies.  hilarious how an OP can create a thread, ask for something and ppl go to town on him as its baiting.  i guess ppl are gonna go to town on me now for appreciating a decent reply.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited April 2017
    I don't hate it but I am having issues really getting into it.  As a person who really loved femshep (what an amazing character and voice actor), I really don't think Sara Ryder is even comparable.  The main story is okay and voice acting is fine, I guess.  But, there's just something about the way the character is written that I don't care for.  Even with the more serious answers she's just so basic.  Someone who is so driven and comes from such a driven family should be more..  driven?  Serious?  I don't know.

The animations are a problem.  And no, it's not just a few of them.  The facial animations are lacking in most scenes.  Sometime it's not even just the face.  On Cora's mission the Asari were so wonky I couldn't even enjoy the mission itself.  And it's not just the animation, something graphical about faces.  The way the eyes are.  It's just wrong.  Dragon Age inquisition wasn't perfect, but it was pretty.  There's a huge difference.

The world is beautiful but the way character models and animations are so... freaking bad... Sometimes a character is just frozen in time in an impossible position onthe nexus.

I think I'm about halfway in and the main story is nothing special, but it's fine.  DAI had a horrible main story after about the first quarter of the game, but I still loved it.  Filler and all.  The side stories though, specifically character missions are so dull so far that I don't even care.  

It has a filler problem.

Edit:  I also find the lack of good initial character customization unforgivable.  Seriously.  DAI has better character customization and it was released years ago?

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    The game could be a total Social Justice Space Simulator as long as the game technically plays well and mechanics are sound, we got none of that.

It's a mess.
  • tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Heretique said:
    The game could be a total Social Justice Space Simulator as long as the game technically plays well and mechanics are sound, we got none of that.

It's a mess.
    What this guy said.  I'm totally down with what some call SJW stuff.  DAI was all up in the SJW fanservice and I really fell in love with some of the characters Sara and Cassandra were amazing.  The characters in ME:A feel so one sided and bland.