Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planescape: Torment and the biggest decision of my life.......

VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
edited March 2017 in General Gaming
So this week I started Planescape: Torment and I only have a couple hours into it.  Saw the announcement that they are going to drop the Enhanced Edition On April 11th.  Now what?

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    If you have the money I would wait. All the other remasters have been good.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I have been thoroughly unimpressed with beamdog's "enhanced editions" I give the overwhelming majority of the credit to the original developers.  Essentially they are base games with some mods integrated.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly it depends, are you enjoying it enough to keep playing right now? Because if so, then the EE won't do that much for you, other than make it a bit shinier. If you think it feels too old and dated looking, then maybe waiting would be better.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Those remasters are just a money grab, graphics barely any better. Just install high resolution patch and keep playing.
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    edited April 2017
    The biggest decision of your life? I hope this is a pun on the game's name, or such.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    There's a ton of mods available that'll enhance the old Torment. It wouldn't surprise me if Bulldog would use part (if not all) of them to 'enhance' their edition along with adding crappy D&D 3.5 rules, which certainly would break the game completely.

http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.nl/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html <-- Torment modding link BTW
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Play it as it was when it was first released, forget this enhanced rubbish.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If you think this is the biggest decision of your life, you must be very sheltered. 

Just wait until you have to make your own decision on boxers vs briefs, that one will leave you devastated! 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Reizla said:
    There's a ton of mods available that'll enhance the old Torment. It wouldn't surprise me if Bulldog would use part (if not all) of them to 'enhance' their edition along with adding crappy D&D 3.5 rules, which certainly would break the game completely.

http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.nl/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html <-- Torment modding link BTW
    Interesting, that modding link looks fully functional compared to the other guide I read.  Now I'm intrigued that I might actually be able to mod it without messing anything up.  Also though, I got called into the field for work IRL and I haven't played any more, so regardless which direction I chose I haven't lost much progress.

Now I guess the big decision of my life is if I want to play it on the new PC or even buy the Enhanced Edition and play it on the Ipad!  
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    mystik13 said:
    I have been thoroughly unimpressed with beamdog's "enhanced editions" I give the overwhelming majority of the credit to the original developers.  Essentially they are base games with some mods integrated.
    Weirdly enough I agree with you, bought 2 enhanced editions and they felt worse then the originals. Went back expecting 'rose tinted glasses syndrom' but no, the originals felt better. Don't know what it is though, can't put my finger on it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer