Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Kombat MMORPG

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
edited March 2017 in General Gaming
I would love to see a really well done, large open world, Mortal Kombat MMORPG with PVE and PVP. There is just incredible amounts of lore and characters in Mortal Kombat that, if done properly with good graphics and combat system and story/lore, could be an amazing game full of potential with obvious expansions etc.. Its perfect for an MMORPG. They made one 20 years ago but it was terrible. The movies they made were terrible as well.  I really wish a major developer made it.

Comments

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Ok then lol
    But you can pretty much make the game about anything really. You have diverse Characters and you can jsut choose any bosses you like in any realms you like etc etc. Its perfect for an MMORPG. The game doesnt have to follow the game exactly
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I am not sold tbh. But then again, I havn't been a huge MK fan. But I guess there is a lot of history and environments to work around. As how it would play out as an MMORPG, I'm not sure.
    Im not really a fan of MK games as im not into fighting games like that. But after reading into the storylines and characters and lore im like this is large amounts of content that can be used in so many different ways.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    This reminds me of the suggestion of a He-Man and also a Buffy MMO a while ago.

The answer given back then was:
    Why would someone make a MMO based on something that was popular so many years ago that a large portion of the target audience wouldn't even know who He-Man or Buffy are?

Additionally a famous IP isn't a guarantee for great quality and success.
    Ask Matrix Online and Star Gate Online.
    Harbinger of Fools
    We should all want it to happen. Not sure why people are so negative in here... We all benefit when a potentially good game is being produced. Im just saying if done right all the elements of a great MMO are already there. Diverse, fantasy characters, rich lore in multiple  high fantasy/dark worlds. Not sure why people are saying no. Oh well.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Wedlen said:
    We should all want it to happen. Not sure why people are so negative in here... We all benefit when a potentially good game is being produced.
    We should all want good MMOs to happen.
    But why do you think this IP will deliver better than currently existing MMOs?

There is an infinite number of shows and books that would provide epic lore for MMOs or games in general.

Saying that MK is just one of many possible candidates doesn't make us negative.
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Wedlen said:
    We should all want it to happen. Not sure why people are so negative in here... We all benefit when a potentially good game is being produced.
    We should all want good MMOs to happen.
    But why do you think this IP will deliver better than currently existing MMOs?

There is an infinite number of shows and books that would provide epic lore for MMOs or games in general.

Saying that MK is just one of many possible candidates doesn't make us negative.
    I dont know what IP means. But Im jsut saying the potential is there and I wish someone would make a high quiality MMO about these characters and lore. I guess we can end this thread I thought people would be more interested in this.