Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to Gaming. LF MMO with nice PvE for raids etc

AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
So I was a big WoW player for years but I am burned out of it, I am looking for a nice MMO that has nice PvE so i can be a healer in groups and with a guild to do raids etc. Whats hot at the moment on the MMORPG side of games? I havent been playing for over a year now!!

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I think you may either need to wait on an indy game or locate a time machine. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105
    SWTOR is GREAT for this stuff. Every quest, dungeon and raid have multiple choice conversations and cinematics. Excellent story partnering the PvE content keeps it fresh and entertaining. Similar to WoW in regards to combat mechanics(SWTOR is a bit less balanced in pvp), but far superior in PvE and community.  Check my sig for a bonus to joining! I am on The Harbinger server if you wanna join me, republic side. In-game name is Icron.
    Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!
  • ChoostopherChoostopher Member CommonPosts: 9
    SWTOR is GREAT for this stuff. Every quest, dungeon and raid have multiple choice conversations and cinematics. Excellent story partnering the PvE content keeps it fresh and entertaining. Similar to WoW in regards to combat mechanics(SWTOR is a bit less balanced in pvp), but far superior in PvE and community.  Check my sig for a bonus to joining! I am on The Harbinger server if you wanna join me, republic side. In-game name is Icron.
    With the House of Mouse having bought Star Wars is SWTOR going to continue?
    Lightsabers, beer, Darkchylde, Spider-Woman, Dragons, Giant Mecha, Anime, Immersion and First Person Perspective
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LOTRO
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Why wouldn't it continue?

There is no hot game in the MMORPG genre.  It's been stagnant for years.

And, Final Fantasy XIV has good PvE content for healers.
    Robokapp said:
    Alpenn said:
    So I was a big WoW player for years but I am burned out of it, I am looking for a nice MMO that has nice PvE so i can be a healer in groups and with a guild to do raids etc. Whats hot at the moment on the MMORPG side of games? I havent been playing for over a year now!!
    it's just WoW out there, man. Sit down and start downloading.

Honestly, he's right.  WoW has, by far, the best PvE content.  The new expansion is excellent.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I would consider LotRO.  It may be 10 years old, but it's going to be remastered.  Further, the play world is enormous.  And, there are still 10 servers.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Skooma2 said:
    I would consider LotRO.  It may be 10 years old, but it's going to be remastered.  Further, the play world is enormous.  And, there are still 10 servers.

LOTRO raiding scene is pretty dead, though.  Mostly PUGs.
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I agree lotro is great and FFXIV is great alternative to wow too.  both games you can level to around lvl 35 for free.  lotro you could continue playing for free beyond that but it would take some grinding to do it.  
    Skooma2 said:

Skooma2 said:

i dunno man , i have done hmm let see .. over 15 this week up to 12 mans Guild only ..
    OK, I guess.  I play on Landroval, so maybe that's the difference.  Not exactly a hotbed for raiding guilds.
    OK, I guess.  I play on Landroval, so maybe that's the difference.  Not exactly a hotbed for raiding guilds.
    possible Crick has a really strong pop ..

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Skooma2 said:
    I really like it but . . man. . I can't see those starting areas again.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Why wouldn't it continue?

There is no hot game in the MMORPG genre.  It's been stagnant for years.

And, Final Fantasy XIV has good PvE content for healers.
    I like FFXIV healing, what I don't like is that everyone there will expect you to dps and heal at the same time...
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Aethaeryn said:
    Skooma2 said:
    I really like it but . . man. . I can't see those starting areas again.
    I don't know what's the issue with the starter areas, they're great - but especially the Shire, of course. Love my cozy hobbit hole in Twigwarren... :wink:

Anyhow, if you don't want to see the starter areas, you don't have to anymore (that is, if you don't mind the "cutting ahead for money" option most games offer sadly...), just seek the Valar and ask for their gift.
    It's a gift of not seeing the starter areas and start with the early raids at level 50. https://www.engadget.com/2013/12/12/lotro-begins-selling-instant-level-50-characters/

And since it was a very popular thing (allegedly... I mean, who would buy those anyways?), now you can even ask their blessing instead of a mere gift, that will catapult you to level 95, so all the raids come within reach.