Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one thing I really would like to have added

solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54
First, I like the game. I am a fan, and play daily. It has been my go to game since launch, and dont see that changing, but I would like to see some things added to make it a bit better.

Dungeons. Instanced 4 man basic dungeons. Nothing fancy, go kill rats under Calpheon and then fight the rat king at the end for some minor contribution reward type thing. 

Its the one thing my friends and I consistently say we miss from other games. Just a little dungeon content to do in a quick '1-2' hour play session.

Everything else is great, crafting, the world, missions, gear, classes, etc... Love all that stuff, just want some dungeon sprinkles on my "BDOunut"...Yes, I really just said that.  

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    The things is, if they were instanced then that sort of negates the general thrust of what type of game it is.

There are some dungeons but they are open. Instanced dungeons are very much a theme park thing that caters to a party.

What I WOULD like to see is more dungeons like Lineage 2 had, such as Cruma Tower or Tower of insolence or School of Dark Arts. Dungeons that had more to them.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    the game already has bosses only your party can target, so having that in a dungeon format without being fully instanced is very much possible. Not counting on it to come but still possible.  I also love the professions, the open world etc in black desert but endgame feels pretty lacking.

There is no build diversity at high level ( as in at all, there is simply none since everyone takes all awakened skills, then all utility non-awakened skills then with leftover skillpoints the passives and other damage skills till everything is unlocked )  and there is somewhat of a lacking goal to work towards.

Diablo 3 while filled with flaws on all sides at least had greater rifts to really push yourself to the limits while still being a grindgame.  Black Desert has so many fun aspects but it's just boring endgame in my personal opinion so I hope the game continues to grow and add more content.  
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Lol, I'm the opposite, bring back real dungeons not the pathetic micky mouse so called dungeons. 

Real dungeons have not been seen since Vanguard imo. 

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    I think this might be a decent idea, since the game really offers much in the way of group content. I actually quit playing the game because the reality is this game is a single player RPG with pretty much an lackluster story. This game is really all flash and no substance, just another theme park mmo trying to pass itself off as a sandbox. 
    TheScavenger
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    i just want a way to get memory fragments that isn't a fucking suicide inducing snoozefest.
    i wish they would make it possible to combine 5xpila/cartian/relic into an 'awakened' scroll with 5x the reward or remove the 3 slow waves into one single boss for each type of scrolls.
    i see people looking for 20xrelic groups, that's 100 (!) scrolls and probably 2 or 3 hours of total and utter depressive boredom just to get memory fragments.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    DMKano said:
    The problem is that Pearl Abyss designed the game to not have any dungeons, as the original vision was a PvP sandbox not PvE dungeon runner.

After Daum (now Kakao) stepped in, they changed the direction to more of a PvE focued game, so what we have today is a half assed PvE dungeon attempt. Even PvE bosses are some of the weakest areas of the game.

IMO this game will never be a PvE dungeon/boss powerhouse, if you are into that, look elsewhere as many other games do it 100 times better.
    I've been playing the game for almost a year, and I yet to have engage in any pvp. 
    TheScavenger
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DMKano said:
    The problem is that Pearl Abyss designed the game to not have any dungeons, as the original vision was a PvP sandbox not PvE dungeon runner.

After Daum (now Kakao) stepped in, they changed the direction to more of a PvE focued game, so what we have today is a half assed PvE dungeon attempt. Even PvE bosses are some of the weakest areas of the game.

IMO this game will never be a PvE dungeon/boss powerhouse, if you are into that, look elsewhere as many other games do it 100 times better.
    I've been playing the game for almost a year, and I yet to have engage in any pvp. 
    In all fairness he said this game will never be a PVE dungeon/boss powerhouse, not that some people were doing it wrong.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Some of the best OW Pvp i have ever seen came in this game shortly after release , i came back to the game recently and there is nothing .
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Of course not - because PvP has been nerfed in a huge way in western version, dying to another player has zero penalty - they removed XP loss on death when killed in PvP, but the karma penalty for killing other remains. End result - open world PvP is non-existent outside of contested PvE grind spots.

To put things into perspective - when Pearl Abyss was making this alone before Daum(Kakao) stepped in - open world PvP started at level 16 - that was the original design.

All any of that really discourages is ganking as well as the fun of it ( forcing penalties on others like loss)... I highly doubt PVP would be any more healthy without those changes in the west. The vast majority in the west just don't participate in it. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited April 2017
    DMKano said:

To put things into perspective - when Pearl Abyss was making this alone before Daum(Kakao) stepped in - open world PvP started at level 16 - that was the original design.

And good riddance to it. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    DMKano said:

And good riddance to it. :D
    Agree wholeheartedly. Would have never played this game or else.