Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before you buy this game "Read the Terms OF Service"...

1235»

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    laxie said:
    If you are genuinely innocent, you can move on with a good conscience.

That's what I would do. If I got banned unrightfully in a game, with no luck appealing, I'd just call it a day. You don't want to be part of a game that bans innocent people - it could happen at any point in the future again. Sure, it sucks to lose the money you spent, but I can assure you you'll lose a lot more in life.

This happened to me once - someone stole my account credentials. After providing the customer service with all the information, including credit card statements, copies of my IDs and private account information, they told me it's not enough to confirm ownership. Funny enough, a few months later, I managed to gain access by using a linked account, logging into my alt's account and switching into my main without having to type in the password (pretty strange security right there if you ask me). Anyway, at that point I just decided I don't want to play the game anymore. I felt a little let down and didn't want to be part of the game. So I moved on.

That said, this happened once, out of maybe 150 MMOs I played over the years. Knowing how often you have issues with MMO developers, it may be sound to say they way you engage with the games may be worth reflecting on.
    Well thanks, and honestly you are right about this, I have moved on knowing that I did nothing wrong, than break a rule with this game that I wasn't aware of trading across two games, but I did not purchase currency as they claim, nor can the company or developer prove this, all he would post is a log saying "Im Delivery", we never discussed purchasing currency, so I can live with this without feeling guilty about anything.

And yes, I don't really wan't to be part of their game, as long as they are going to keep accusing me being a 4 year backer of something that never happened, I am not saying I am innocent because I did break the rule trading for outside favors or between two games, after all and I did realize it after the ban obviously, but for me to be part of a German game company making small indie games that doesn't trust its backers or its customers really upsets me as a person.

And honestly I rarely run into problems with getting a ban,  Actually I have never ever been banned from any game for being told I purchase currency for Real Money, obviously I have had a couple of encounters like in "EVE" or "Arche Age" but that was after playing for over a years time, and just resulted in some currency being removed and a warning saying if you purchase currency don't, I have continue to play EVE on and off, as well as Logged into Arche Age a bit ago, I never got banned from either game, because the companies actually watch and see if you really purchase currency illegally or if it might have been a mistake, in my case in Arche Age I constantly purchased and sold land and likely got some gold from one of my sales but never banned for buying currency, and the company knows I legally purchased over 22 APEX, to build up my farms and housing over there before I quit a year or two later.

I have also never been banned for cheating, or hacking online games.

So as far as I am concerned you are absolutely right I can move on knowing I didn't purchase currency, as if I did I would be demanding a refund from the people I bought it from, but just because I can move on from a game doesn't mean I will, In my eyes "Albion Online, or SandBox Interactive"  should pay, although I know its within their right and Terms OF Service to ban anyone for any reason or no reason, I don't accept the way they have treated a 4 year backer of their game which is why I started this post on here. And why I will be leaving them negative reviews on anywhere they try to publish their game Steam, Google Play, Etc warning people not to buy it. 

. I mean if they are going to ban my account, at least don't do it with some bs reason, and lies, and at least have the nerve to say "We just don't want you on our service so we are closing your account, not you purchased gold lies.

And yes its sad that I ever believed in this game, Purchased like I think it was $175, total of my founders + gold from SBI although they can either refund my account, or in my eyes they have to pay, I won't talk about my plans for their company here besides bad reviews, but lets just say that the game launches Next Month,  because of them banning my account I have taken a look into the poor security the game has, the lack of Anti-Cheats, and the fact that if this game is released like this without some key changes this game is going to have serious issues.

I mean I respect the fact here, that some people can move on when they are wronged by a game company, or a Gaming Guild or clan, this is not me, if anyone has watched the TV movie The Purge, or Rampage, then this is me when I am pissed off at a game company and I am willing to go deep into that rabbit hole and do what I can do, which I can't discuss here but lets just say some people know what I mean.

As for the one gaming community who wronged me in the past, I messed with them until they admit the truth on voice and then I left them alone I don't want to be part of a community of liars, and they kicked me because I stood against Cheating, and DDOS attacks. So the hell with them I found a better community been in it 3 years, and some humans are just awful people, like the Cards Against Humanity game, a game for Awful people lol...

My friend.  It's pointless to keep arguing with him.  He will never take responsibility for what he did.  He will just keep writing walls of text trying to convince himself that he is innocent.  The games developer called him out.  I've never once seen that in these forums.  Considering his constant attacks against any anti-cheat software, it's easy to take the developers word over his.  I can't imagine even one person on this forum believes him.  

And I remember this developer, I read his replies, even sent him everything I know about what happened and everything with no reply obviously, because their Terms & Conditions is a lie, they say they allow you to submit counter evidence, but they never reviewed it, and the game company can't see what happened outside of the game.

Perhaps the person was involved with some type of illegal gold selling, I wouldn't know its not my job to know, I just traded across two games that is the only rule I ever broke in 4 years.

Also again, I am not against "Anti Cheats" I am against [mod edit], Installing "Anti Cheat Rootkits" on peoples computers without their knowledge or consent, and Denuvo, because they are Malicious I would trust a Crack Developer and a unkown .EXE file over these Anti-Cheats or Denuvo.

So yeah believe what you want about me for not liking to compromise my computers security in the sake of Malicious software, but at least I am secure as I can be with my stuff in fact my Domains, and servers have Cloud Flare, and proper security configuration unlike some people.

Post edited by Renoaku on
    ExcessionMrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    "or in my eyes they have to pay, I won't talk about my plans for their company here besides bad reviews, but lets just say that the game launches Next Month,  because of them banning my account I have taken a look into the poor security the game has, the lack of Anti-Cheats, and the fact that if this game is released like this without some key changes this game is going to have serious issues."

Yup, you totally sound innocent lol.  This whole paragraph totally shows you've "moved on" lol.  How pathetic.
    craftseekerKyleran
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited June 2017
    I agree. Why is trading outside of a game bad if it involves the game itself? In WoW, people trade different things all the time and no one gets banned for it. People advertise to run people raids for a certain amount of dollars (real money at that!), others trade say runescape gold for WoW gold or WoW tokens...and people advertise for weeks and never get banned. I even reported someone by directly contacting support and the GM pretty much told me they weren't breaking the TOS and for months still see the same person.

The albion devs don't seem great. Its a very bad way to manage a game. Very insular. I'm glad I have no interest in Albion (only reason I'm posting here is because I keep seeing this as a recent thread). The developers only want to line their own pocket with money, where as, companies like Blizzard are okay with outside influence because they know it helps them out more than banning people who'd pay them. Being able to hire someone to run a raid is great because you can see the story, and not worry about rushing through it on a group. And that is just one example of a huge benefit, as it helps blizzard AND the player.

While yes every game has its own rules, outright banning for this and a permanent ban? On top of that if he buys a new account it be banned too? That is a scam and if that happened, the user could take legal action...or at very least do a charge back and the company loses MORE money. What kind of business is that? If a company banned me as soon as I bought an account, I'd do a charge back cause that is a rip off and a scam. That is no way to manage a game. Either that, or the developers have a HUGE vendetta against Renoaku.
    MrMelGibson

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I agree. Why is trading outside of a game bad if it involves the game itself? In WoW, people trade different things all the time and no one gets banned for it. People advertise to run people raids for a certain amount of dollars (real money at that!), others trade say runescape gold for WoW gold or WoW tokens...and people advertise for weeks and never get banned. I even reported someone by directly contacting support and the GM pretty much told me they weren't breaking the TOS and for months still see the same person.

The albion devs don't seem great. Its a very bad way to manage a game. Very insular. I'm glad I have no interest in Albion (only reason I'm posting here is because I keep seeing this as a recent thread). The developers only want to line their own pocket with money, where as, companies like Blizzard are okay with outside influence because they know it helps them out more than banning people who'd pay them. Being able to hire someone to run a raid is great because you can see the story, and not worry about rushing through it on a group. And that is just one example of a huge benefit, as it helps blizzard AND the player.

While yes every game has its own rules, outright banning for this and a permanent ban? On top of that if he buys a new account it be banned too? That is a scam and if that happened, the user could take legal action...or at very least do a charge back and the company loses MORE money. What kind of business is that? If a company banned me as soon as I bought an account, I'd do a charge back cause that is a rip off and a scam. That is no way to manage a game. Either that, or the developers have a HUGE vendetta against Renoaku.
    Or maybe he isn't being completely honest and you're taking what he's saying at face value.  This mentality of "well, it's ok in another place so who cares if this place has rules against it" is what's wrong with the world today.
    craftseeker
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    i'V Been gaming for over 20 years, I have never read a terms of service once, Nor do i plan too.
    BruceYee
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    thunderC said:
    i'V Been gaming for over 20 years, I have never read a terms of service once, Nor do i plan too.
    Star Wars Galaxies was my first "true" MMO. I was 14 back then and my grandmother bought it for me. She insisted I read the whole TOS before she buys me the subscription. I was so excited I didn't mind at all - probably the first and last time I was enthusiastic about reading through a TOS. :grin:
    MrMelGibsonJeffSpicoliBruceYee
    edited June 2017
    "or in my eyes they have to pay, I won't talk about my plans for their company here besides bad reviews, but lets just say that the game launches Next Month,  because of them banning my account I have taken a look into the poor security the game has, the lack of Anti-Cheats, and the fact that if this game is released like this without some key changes this game is going to have serious issues."

Yup, you totally sound innocent lol.  This whole paragraph totally shows you've "moved on" lol.  How pathetic.
    You are still welcome to believe what you want I am not a dictator and obviously can't mind control people lol.

And to put it in more easier to understand terms about what I mean The enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_enemy_of_my_enemy_is_my_friend 
    While I can move on by not giving a damn, about the ban so to speak, I will not move on quietly without them either telling the truth, or admitting they just didn't want me in the game for X reason rather than calling me a person who purchased gold illegally like I have posted in the Snap-Shots the only gold I have purchased is from "SBI" within that same time-frame which I was banned besides the trade between games.

The fact is this company during earlier Alpha's and based off what I have read from their own forums "Gave people who actually purchased currency a chance." to not do it again, yet just because I traded between two games which broke the rule, but I wasn't aware of it they can't even give a single chance to play the game again, even after being a 4 year backer with 0 infractions for anything. 

Yet you get people being Toxic on their own forums, telling the moderators to F*** themselves and they are still playing I think that is pretty pathetic of such a minor offense during beta and get a life ban.

As I said if I purchased currency myself, from a 3rd party I would have simply told them I purchased currency and asked for an appeal, but this was not the case of what happened at all.

Some people honestly think I should just lay down and let a game company step all over me, no thanks, and no I highly do not recommend this game to anyone because if you get a large amount of items or currency, the GM's will ban you thinking you purchased for Real Money, the Terms & Conditions actually says this. It also says you can send counter evidence, but I tried this myself and they never reviewed it, so if your unlucky few to have this happen to you the chances of getting unbanned, or even given a single chance is very unlikely.

And I don't understand why, Its a Sand-Box game, trading is allowed, if the game company wants to prevent cheating they need to stop Bots, and Cheaters at the source, and Truthfully I was 100% legit in this game one of the most honest players.

In fact I am honest about stuff that I purchased a $1000+ Item off Amazon a week ago, and didn't get billed for it, that I called customer service and told them about it, as well as a friend in a game like Entropia that sold me double items by accident and I refunded them because I don't scam people either. But hey I can't prove this right?

So lying about something to cause harm, is not my thing.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    edited June 2017
    laxie said:
    thunderC said:
    Star Wars Galaxies was my first "true" MMO. I was 14 back then and my grandmother bought it for me. She insisted I read the whole TOS before she buys me the subscription. I was so excited I didn't mind at all - probably the first and last time I was enthusiastic about reading through a TOS. :grin:
    Yeah I usually don't read a lot of them either honestly, its kinda why I missed the section that says you can't get a lot of items, or trade across games or for outside favors in Real Life and such Excluding Real Money.

Back when I was playing MMORPG's this part used to not be in the Terms OF Service people would always say just don't buy with Real Money, and so once in awhile I would use a service, or a friend who would allow me to change currency between two games without the use of Real Money.

But the part of the Terms OF Service or Terms & Conditons, people really need to be aware of is Section 10, which bans you for getting a large amount of items, and says you can submit counter evidence, which I did a few times I sent them screen-shots of the stuff I trade between two games, and they didn't even review any of it.

But then I have never had a problem where I got banned from any game for purchase of currency, most game companies don't ban for this even when people do on the first offense, they give them a single chance usually, or just warn to be more careful when trading.

Oh and get this it took me over 10+ times of reading this section to understand what it mean't because its wrote by a German Lawyer it confused me so much even when I did read it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. BASIC RULES ABOUT VIRTUAL PROPERTY

10.1 The User understands, accepts and agrees that he has no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game, including without limitation the account registered to him, in-game/virtual items, in-game/virtual currency, in-game buildings, in-game land or in game characters (all or part of these herein also referred to as "Virtual Property").

10.2 The User is prohibited from selling, purchasing, renting, leasing, offering, accepting, disseminating or copying Virtual Property within and/or outside the Game - in whatever form - to third parties unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules. A system provided by the Game or by Sandbox Interactive to trade Virtual Property of the Game, constitutes such an exception. In this case, the transfer of Virtual Property from one User to the other is only permitted, if the transfer takes place - no matter if within or outside the Game - without consideration in exchange or if the consideration consists solely of Virtual Property of the Game and these are transferred within the Game itself or by a function provided by the Game. The acquisition of Virtual Property against consideration in any form other than Virtual Property of the Game is expressly prohibited. If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Property in a large-scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence.

10.3 It is not allowed to use other software or any ancillary means (specifically so-called bots or scripts, hacks or cheats) that modify the Game respective game status. In addition, the User may not offer or promote such software or ancillary means. In particular, the User is prohibited from using third party software or other applications to obtain virtual currency, premium features or other benefits such as the systematic or automatic control of the Game or of individual game functions. The same applies to the intentional utilization of program errors (so-called exploits) for the User's benefit.

10.4 Sandbox Interactive prohibits such actions because it does not intend to commercialize game content and asset and status positions acquired within the Game and it would like to ensure that Users always play in a fair manner. Any violation against prohibitions in sections 10.2 and 10.3 above leads to the immediate block of the User's account(s).

10.5 It is particularly prohibited to use exploits, or any other ancillary means, that enable the User to generate or replicate Virtual Property, for example by exploiting program bugs or technical flaws. The User will not use such exploits, or other ancillary means, and inform Sandbox Interactive should he become aware of them.

10.6 The Virtual Property and Services offered by us in exchange for virtual currency or real money may be discontinued, modified or removed from the User’s account by us at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. We have no obligation to continue making offers available for the redemption of Virtual Property. Sandbox Interactive is entitled to reduce and/or increase the prices for Virtual Property or it may offer new products including vanity items or buffs, Services, or invoicing modalities permanently or only for a limited time.

Wow, so if you get a large amount of items they can ban you? Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard. Let me guess...this will have a (pay to win) cash shop too? Cause if so...no wonder that rule is in there rofl. 

This game is sounding like a huge disaster before it even hits launch. Gold I can understand...but banning because someone gives you a bunch of items? Either they are super overly paranoid (then if so just remove trading all together), or/and greedy as hell or they don't actually want people trading...

if that is an actual rule in the TOS, this game is a disaster for ANYONE who prefers crafting over combat. Why have trading at all then? The point of a sandbox MMO is economy/crafting/open ended combat...you know...like most sandbox games?

Imagine if in EVE if you killed too many people and looted too many items they decided to ban someone because they looted too much off a ship or traded the items with a friend or in their corp rofl. The whole game would be up in arms over that. One of the stupidest things I've read all month...only topped by Bethesda pay to use mods, banning of GTA 5 mods and 100% price increase in Europa Universalis and other paradox games

If that is an actual rule in the TOS, where you get banned for too many items...goonswarm trolls will have a field day with that one. Have an enemy guild they don't like? Mass send them tons of items and get them all banned rofl, and probably get banned themselves but for the greater "good" of their guild.

edited June 2017
    Wow, so if you get a large amount of items they can ban you? Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard. Let me guess...this will have a (pay to win) cash shop too? Cause if so...no wonder that rule is in there rofl. 

This game is sounding like a huge disaster before it even hits launch. Gold I can understand...but banning because someone gives you a bunch of items? Either they are super overly paranoid (then if so just remove trading all together), or/and greedy as hell or they don't actually want people trading...

if that is an actual rule in the TOS, this game is a disaster for ANYONE who prefers crafting over combat. Why have trading at all then? The point of a sandbox MMO is economy/crafting/open ended combat...you know...like most sandbox games?

Imagine if in EVE if you killed too many people and looted too many items they decided to ban someone because they looted too much off a ship or traded the items with a friend or in their corp rofl. The whole game would be up in arms over that. One of the stupidest things I've read all month...only topped by Bethesda pay to use mods, banning of GTA 5 mods and 100% price increase in Europa Universalis and other paradox games
    I forgot how much gold or currency it was I exchanged between Arche Age & Albion that got me banned from Albion, but it was two different trades because I was on Comms with a couple of friends and some people and we made the trade obviously I didn't know I was doing anything wrong since I didn't pay real money.

But yes this game company is or can ban people for accepting Large amounts of items or currency trading across games or with nothing of Equal Value in return for example if I quit the game and gave everything away to a friend with no Value in return they could get banned unless evidence is proved to SBI that there was no real money trade. But don't expect them to look at it they never looked at what I sent them just said I was guilty no appeal I tried 3 times and I didn't rage at them in the tickets.

And yes I played EVE myself for many years on and off, learned quite a bit about it and out of all my marketing sales only once did I ever get a warning there because of Plex I purchased from a 3rd party site was made illegal and someone had commit fraud But my account was never banned I was only asked to repay the isk, and the GM was nice and respectful.

I can understand "SBI" wanting to keep the game free of cheaters, as I have said Developers never want to have to deal with cheaters, no developer  should ever have to make Anti-Cheats people should simply not cheat. But this game is open to so much hacking right now, And the ability to use stolen credit-card numbers to purchase Gold, convert to Silver, then quickly buy stuff on the market?

Don't you think this is a problem?

So who gets punished, the people who received the gold get banned obviously, but how do you punish those who received the silver, or those who did not know someone was doing was illegal and got stolen currency.

I think the best thing SBI Can do, is put restrictions, on Conversion of Silver / Gold and allow people to build up trading over time, or people who use credit-cards to buy stuff legally otherwise people just change their IP address or use FREE WI-FI and stolen credit-cards to commit fraud.
    If that is an actual rule in the TOS, where you get banned for too many items...goonswarm trolls will have a field day with that one. Have an enemy guild they don't like? Mass send them tons of items and get them all banned rofl, and probably get banned themselves but for the greater "good" of their guild.
    I hope Goon Swarm would do something lol in fact I would hire some people just to have fun and troll in this game on release, like I said in an above post. The Enemy OF My Enemy Is My Friend.

And while I respect what Albion Online once was I can't agree or respect them with what I think is a false ban on an account with zero previous infractions of any kind.

Oh and they didn't bother to look at the counter evidence I sent them I told them I know I broke the rule of trading between two games, but please take a look at it and they never did so it appears they can't even follow their own Terms & Condtions lol...

Edit: and yes its an actual rule go read it yourself.

Section 10-10.6
    https://albiononline.com/en/terms_and_conditions

Its too bad its so expensive to make a MMORPG, If I knew some game designers besides my friend who codes stuff I would personally have them make me a MMORPG better than Albion Online and just drive that game straight into the ground as its taken 4 years, and this is all they have came up with, I think I could do better if I had the right team myself lol.

Wish me luck on the Lottery, if I do win one of these days just maybe I will actually have a MMO developed.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

I don't want to go full on conspiracy theorist, but you do have a point.

In a game with a cash shop, it's favorable for the developer when people buy their currency from the shop, not obtain it from other players. You could argue disallowing large movements of currency between players directly drives larger cash shop sales.

I hope in reality, these TOS clauses are there to be used against gold sellers. You can probably flag gold sellers according to some parameters, one of which is making large movements of money.

Still, as someone who was running "newbie schools" in SWG, projects made possible solely by large monetary donations by veteran individuals, I can see how this could backfire, The interaction of the cash shop with the TOS is an interesting perspective.
  • WrekktWrekkt Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited June 2017
    hahaha. I've had tons of friends quit mmo's. You know what they never said when they gave me their shit? "Hi Im Delivery." They also probably didn't have an IP address from South Korea.
    KyleranMrMelGibsoncraftseekerEnergyo
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    A developer can ban anyone they want at anytime for any reason. The illusion of player rights in a game is just there because professionalism and to make customers more comfortable so they'll spend money. It is also why everything available for purchase is labeled "buy" when we never really own anything, we just rent content in games.

There may or may not be some shady intentions connected to this but we won't know until stuff actually happens in which case I'm sure there will be posts here almost immediately.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Since ArcheAge all trust in the asian games are gone.
    ArcheAge could have become "the one" actually needed but you know the story was different.
    Now we have all this milking machines promising you this and that, im out.
    I like the honesty and freedom of GTAV, i wish we could have a mmorpg with top gfx and as complex as ArcheAge without any RNG at all.

Sadly there is none ....

edited July 2017
    laxie said:
    I don't want to go full on conspiracy theorist, but you do have a point.

In a game with a cash shop, it's favorable for the developer when people buy their currency from the shop, not obtain it from other players. You could argue disallowing large movements of currency between players directly drives larger cash shop sales.

I hope in reality, these TOS clauses are there to be used against gold sellers. You can probably flag gold sellers according to some parameters, one of which is making large movements of money.

Still, as someone who was running "newbie schools" in SWG, projects made possible solely by large monetary donations by veteran individuals, I can see how this could backfire, The interaction of the cash shop with the TOS is an interesting perspective.
    Actually this is the main problem with Albion Online.

1.) The only purchases I made were from "SandBox Interactive prior to my ban, these were for Real Money, these can be seen here as I took a snap-shot of my emails as evidence proving my purchases with SBI. http://imgur.com/a/AlKDZ I also sent even posted the snap-shots of my Cross Game Trading to SBI too to prove but they never paid any attention or looked at it.

2.) The problem with Albion Online, is that lets use me as an example, I can steal someones Credit-Card, and use their Credit Card to purchase currency from "SBI's Store" and then I can sell that through a 3rd party website to other people and when they pay me the cash I would sell them stolen currency which then the legitimate owner would charge back and SBI would lose money.

. This brings in the problem, how does SBI address and prevent this, Answer is they can't unless they add limits or restrictions to trading especially those who create new accounts.

. The other Issue is innocent people who are traded a large amount of Items or currency, sites like Player Auctions, or G2A, even Ebay, sell virtual items a lot of the times for example lets say 1000 T4 Logs or wood you could find for sale on some site likely people would buy it and trade in Crafting Materials instead of currency.

G2A, and Ebay aren't really that bad but sometimes stolen key codes might make it up there which in an Albion Forum post they admit was happening already which you can view here.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/54022-Regarding-keys-purchased-from-3rd-party-sites/

Devicorn said:
    hahaha. I've had tons of friends quit mmo's. You know what they never said when they gave me their shit? "Hi Im Delivery." They also probably didn't have an IP address from South Korea.
    Which is true, and I can understand it looking bad from a developers point of view, but they can't understand that their Terms & Conditions allows a user to submit counter evidence, and never reviewed it.

Perhaps the person was involved with illegal RMT, I don't know I just accepted a trade across two different games with a few people that I didn't know because I quit Arche Age and I be damn if I was ever going to play that again, so I told them I make you a deal and trade for Albion Currency, and Currency on Release and they were like okay and so the trade took place. Mind it took them a week to ban my account after accepting the trade that I didn't know was illegal or anything because I paid no real money. Nor did they ever say anything but since the people were on voice with me I didn't expect anything bad would happen and no need to talk in game really.

BruceYee said:
    A developer can ban anyone they want at anytime for any reason. The illusion of player rights in a game is just there because professionalism and to make customers more comfortable so they'll spend money. It is also why everything available for purchase is labeled "buy" when we never really own anything, we just rent content in games.

There may or may not be some shady intentions connected to this but we won't know until stuff actually happens in which case I'm sure there will be posts here almost immediately.

Which is absolutely true, they have that right, but I have the right as a player to leave them negative reviews, and expose how bad their game security is such as the ability to easily commit fraud, as well as how players on YouTube are caught cheating all the time in one video which I can't find perhaps I will eventually again unless it was removed a player was using Cheat Engine of all things. Also do you know what I am banned from the game, but there is an exploit I can still use the login to their website even though my account is locked? I reported it to them, and they made changes, but didn't fix it properly still so its still usable.

I have no doubt that their company can take care of the things such as Teleport Hacks, Speed Hacks, these are detectable server side, however its client side that I am worried about with cheating comes the ability to Zoom Hack off the screen and get a bigger Field OF View that most people and because of things like this it provides an advantage to those who cheat, or of course memory hacks.

Again the only thing "SandBox Interactive" bans with is (IP ADDRESS), or (Payment Information) both are easy to get around obviously by using a VPN, and going to my local store I can get as many Prepaid Credit-Cards that I want to which work online meaning regardless of any ban I could actually play again if I wanted to, and the worst that would happen is getting banned again. But this makes this game a target for those who want to be malicious and do malicious things.

This being said, I never used any type of 3rd party hack in Albion, I don't cheat games only thing I am guilty of is exchange of currency between two different games and getting banned for accepting a Large Amount of items with nothing in return. http://imgur.com/a/fksoY

Obviously besides a small chat log, this developer who had the nerve to come here and think he had evidence saying I illegally purchased currency really has nothing, and they don't review counter evidence as their Terms & Conditions says.

Plus on top of all this if I called out how bad the cheating is on their own forums they would remove it to try to cover it up, but fact is that there are already a lot of cheating websites selling hacks I know them because I look them up after my account was banned to check how bad the game is going to get on release and there is a ton of hacks being rented on a subscription basis by (X) site without posting it here currently undetectable.  And good luck with Albion doing anything about the cheat makers a small indie company compared to World OF Warcraft, who sued WOW Glider and won.

Oh and Arche Age was one of my favorite games its too bad Trion had to ruin such a good game that it could have been starting with the patch that added heroes, timed events everything if it was done better I would have stayed longer at $500+ every 6 months for 7 Patron accounts plus Cash Shop Purchases they were making big off me. So you see I have no reason to buy currency illegaly when I would buy 20+ Apex in one go and sell to others.

MrMelGibson
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Lol this is pretty funny. Dude acts like this is something new, yet in the same breathe says he's been playing games for 17 years? No need to read the ToS, common sense works great.

Other thing I laugh at is you stated you've only been accused of this a few other times? Ive been playing MMOs since eq just before kunark, 0 questions, 0 accusations, 0 bans. 

Not knocking you for doing it or looking down on you for doing it, its how you act since the first post. You got caught, you know you cant do this, man up. Just cause a game has hacks doesn't mean you can buy gold. Both will get you busted, just saying. 

MrMelGibsoncraftseekerEnergyo
    edited July 2017
    Lol this is pretty funny. Dude acts like this is something new, yet in the same breathe says he's been playing games for 17 years? No need to read the ToS, common sense works great.

Other thing I laugh at is you stated you've only been accused of this a few other times? Ive been playing MMOs since eq just before kunark, 0 questions, 0 accusations, 0 bans. 

Not knocking you for doing it or looking down on you for doing it, its how you act since the first post. You got caught, you know you cant do this, man up. Just cause a game has hacks doesn't mean you can buy gold. Both will get you busted, just saying. 

There was never any gold purchase in Albion for (Real Money) except what I purchased from "Sandbox Interactive" and it comes from their own store so it must be legal?

The only thing I am guilty of is accepting a trade across two games which was illegal but didn't know it was and got accused of buying gold by them (With no proof.) by them of a gold purchase. (The game should allow players the ability to freely trade right?)

Honestly do you expect everyone to read the TOS every single time it pops it up, for example Secret World Legends, pops up the TOS  every single time you play you click I agree, but it doesn't specifically notify you when changes are made, and what parts are changed.

Even when I did read the Albion Terms & Conditions it was years ago, things changed in it, and even 10-10.6 is really hard to understand because its wrote by a German Lawyer, it is a lot easier for me to understand most other games such as "World OF Warcraft" "ZeniMax" and other games I play they are way easier to understand, even Square Enix for that matter.

Its a lot easier though if Albion actually told people "Exchanging currency for outside favors, example Real Life favors, or across two games was illegal, but no they say more than once on their own forums its only illegal to purchase currency for real money Which means if I technically purchase currency with "Bit Coin" it would be legal, because bit coin isn't considered real money.

And no many people don't even read the Agreements when they sign up for half the stuff online they just play the game never expecting to get banned, Albion being like the first actual MMO that I ever received any type of Perm-Ban from just for trading in a game that allows trading.

Yep only twice that I can even remember that I was accused of purchasing currency never banned just had it removed, and never got any warnings after but this happened only a couple of times after like hundreds / thousands of trades.

- EVE Online, purchasing plex through 3rd parties that were not authorized if its not a key then they no longer allowed it so it was removed, and they just told me don't purchase from them anymore and gave me a list of legal plex resellers.

- Arche Age, Once when trading a bunch of land and getting money that was obtained illegally but what likely got me suspected and I think it was only 3k removed was because I flipped the entire market, sold archem trees for 100 gold a pop, im not joking I really did this.

Either way neither account was banned, and I played for years so can't really say I purchased gold illegally when I still own my accounts and they said just be careful especially with years of playing both actively until finally leaving. Besides one incident over the years in each game, my accounts still in good standing, No Cheats, no hacks.

MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Nooooo, you replied to him...incoming wall of text...again.
    craftseeker

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:

Nooooo, you replied to him...incoming wall of text...again.
    Pretty much people who expect a person to know all the rules every time a game company like "SBI" decides to update the Terms OF Service over and over again without highlighting all the changes, in General do you honestly expect a person to Read the terms of service every time it pops up?

SBI clearly stated on its forums multiple times buying currency is illegal, I never purchased currency, they never said besides in the terms & conditions which I missed, trading between games was illegal, nor did they review anything I Submit as counter evidence.

And the Developer who replied here only once but hasn't replied to anything else I sent in PM here and on their forums clearly has no evidence besides a log that says "Im Delivery" so what that proves nothing only that a person delivered or traded me some items, sure it might have broken their standard rules they don't clearly make everyone aware of unless they read a big wall of text, and even then that agreement has changed over the years since I first made my account 4 years ago lol.

If trading in a game is illegal, then please forbid trading all together and remove it from the game, because banning people because they receive huge amounts of items or currency which wasn't even what I would consider a lot shouldn't be ban worthy unless it can be proven 100% that a person purchased it which obviously SBI can't prove.
  • BurntOutVeteranBurntOutVeteran Member CommonPosts: 8
    Who cares about their policies when the game has all the depth and intelligence of tic tac toe. It's a boring mobile cashgrab that doesn't even work properly on mobile.