Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The review MMORPG.com failed to present (dunkey Mass Effect Andromeda)

winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
edited March 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

We shouldn't glorify a money grab in my opinion. Anyone hear about the dev team and their racism? What happened to Bioware. 
Anyway Manveer Heir is supposedly racist and I feel sad about handing these unoriginal and broken video game company any money. It´s 2017 why are we still seeing this 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg  (Manveer Heir Gameplay designer)

Sucks man. I was so hyped :expressionless:

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Geez, give it up already, they closed one thread today on the same thing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited March 2017
    Why did they close it? Just want to have a discussion is all 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2017
    Ignoring the stupid racists angle , the review is funny as hell and spot on , imo .. Forgettable terrible game ...

We've been Biolated again
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Anyone hear about the dev team and their racism? 

Only 300 times...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    "All of this has happened before and will happen again."  The very first ME had it's problems with mining that was fun at first then became a real pain and not being able to get server connections just to name two.  ME2 corrected a lot of those problems and came out with a great story with pretty deep characters, and life or death choices for most of your crew.  ME:A will probably do the same.  Learn from their mistakes as well as upgrade the current game to make it better.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    Octagon7711 said:
    Learn from their mistakes as well as upgrade the current game to make it better.
    This is not really learning from mistakes.

This is that thing, "game needs more time in the oven", but the given release date is more important than that, so it gets to the points cuts have to be made so the game fits the budget/deadline.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    MaxBacon said:
    Octagon7711 said:
    Learn from their mistakes as well as upgrade the current game to make it better.
    This is not really learning from mistakes.

This is that thing, "Game needs more time in the oven", but the given release date is more important than that, and it gets to the points cuts have to be made so the game fits the budget/deadline.

Which is why I wait and buy them on sale and more finished for the most part.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Torval said:
    fixed it...

Thankfully, MMORPG failed to deliver a stupid youtube review by a forgettable hack.
    Yup, slag the big-name game. It gets more clicks and views than if you praised it...

I'm beginning to wonder if Gamespot's 6/10 rating wasn't just to generate traffic, lol
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That's a very funny review. I reckon Bioware could have avoided a lot of flak if they hadn't fucked up the main female character. I have seen so many fan made videos absolutely destroying this game (hopefully "destroy" is a safe word?) its quite unusual.

I'm still gonna play it at some point though; the underlying premise of the game seems amazing and at least some (many?) people that have played it for more than a few hours think its great.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Nyctelios said:
    Someone mentioned that EA cared about ME IP... But that person forgot that EA gave the project to a side team and the main BioWare team had less than 1 year to fix the game for launch...

So... No, they don't care, because you don't and will give them money anyway.
    EA cares about any Ip that brings in that much money. I care enough to pay five bucks... downloading the trial now, will know first hand how "bad" it is tomorrow at some point. That said there's no real risk for those who did buy it, EA has the great game thingy, anyone who doesn't like it could just refund it no questions asked.  

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I gotta say though OP ( @winghaven1 ), that Suzie did a great job (imo) in her review on this site. She gave it a high score, but went into surprising detail about the issues plaguing the game. I thought that was quite impressive.

The score might seem a little high considering considering what she said about the game, but basically her conclusion was the negatives were more than outweighed by the overall experience. It was actually one of the better reviews I have read about the game.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Torval said:
    fixed it...

Thankfully, MMORPG failed to deliver a stupid youtube review by a forgettable hack.
    Yup, slag the big-name game. It gets more clicks and views than if you praised it...

I'm beginning to wonder if Gamespot's 6/10 rating wasn't just to generate traffic, lol
    He praises big name games he likes...
    Draemos said:
    Torval said:
    fixed it...

He praises big name games that are popular to like....
    Fixed

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Now I'm not saying this just because I don't want to get banned here! ;)

But the reviews I read here are oldschool, writers and staff here have class and grace. It's a shame you compare them to the utter shit which belongs in the gutter and throw in a racist guy's name and a meaningless anti-corporate sentence to justify whatever righteous crusade you believe you have.

Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    The game plays, looks and reads like a Mass Effect 3 Mod that the team lost interest on.

Clearly the people hired to make the game were not hired for their talent in their respective fields.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Man people really get butt hurt when someone has a different view than them. This is pretty funny that some cant let this go.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Give a shit to busy having fun playing Horizon Hero Dawn. 

A real RPG that Bioware (who chose to get in bed with EA) fail to make these days and pretty much the last ten years. 

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Distopia said:
    Draemos said:
    Torval said:
    fixed it...

He praises big name games that are popular to like....
    Fixed
    Soo.... games that are good.  That's what games that are popular to like are defined as.  GOOD.  Is he suppose to hate on games that are good, cause that's the most asinine shit I've ever heard.
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    heh power of google at least it saved my hard earn cash on trash like this game.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Didn't play it yet, not sure if I will.....Too much dialog in the Youtubes I watched.  This is besides the reviews....... Besides it reminds me of all the hundreds of solo mmos we have now :(
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Didn't play it yet, not sure if I will.....Too much dialog in the Youtubes I watched.  This is besides the reviews....... Besides it reminds me of all the hundreds of solo mmos we have now :(
    The problem is not the dialog, but the horrid facial animation that makes the delivery painful to watch. My female Ryder is wearing her helmet everywhere, makes the delivery of the story easier.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

We shouldn't glorify a money grab in my opinion. Anyone hear about the dev team and their racism? What happened to Bioware. 
    Anyway Manveer Heir is supposedly racist and I feel sad about handing these unoriginal and broken video game company any money. It´s 2017 why are we still seeing this 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg  (Manveer Heir Gameplay designer)

Sucks man. I was so hyped :expressionless:
    well he left bioware like... 9 days ago ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    The most hilarious thing about the tweets is that I can't tell if he's serious or not. I think it's funny.

MA is not my kind of game as I don't play consoles much but this wouldn't turn me off to it. In fact, if I was a YouTuber I would record bits of the game dialog scenes and voice-over skits that parody this developers shtick.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    What is missing is irresponsible gratuitous sex, violence, commentary, and a narrow view of good vs evil that makes entertainment fun.  There are no Renegade options in the game.  I am also not a big fan of the open world fetch quests.  The previous ME games had them as well.  The Witcher is one of the few open world games I enjoy.  Grand Theft Auto is another one that is fun.  Both have good storytelling and interesting characters with many mental disorders.  I still enjoy the game, though.  In some ways, the combat is an improvement.  I miss the power wheel sometimes as it allowed for a more diverse array of abilities to be utilized.  Overall it doesn't feel like Mass Effect to me.  It probably would have gotten better reviews if it was rolled out under a different IP.
    edited March 2017
    Draemos said:

Soo.... games that are good.  That's what games that are popular to like are defined as.  GOOD.  Is he suppose to hate on games that are good, cause that's the most asinine shit I've ever heard.
    By most accounts (from those who've played) is that ME is at the least a good game, just not great.. What I'm saying is there are plenty of games that are popular to like that simply get passes for these kinds of things.. Skyrim as an example (most NPC's are the most dead pan of any game). The witcher 3 another, which has plenty of questionable elements like it's horrible movement, and clunky combat.

An example of a good game that got canned in many reviews was Dragon's Dogma, as it's popularity didn't come until the DA release. Prior most reviews were in the 7's-7.5's...

If you don't think these folks are picking their approach by what they view as garnering the most clicks as well as favoritism, then that's what is asinine. They're entertainment shows first, a fair honest breakdown of a game dead last... It's all about sensationalizing whatever everyone is talking about. The more they can get away with making fun of the better.