Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How nodes will work

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
edited March 2017 in Ashes of Creation
First part of a series that will explain many features in Ashes.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I like this idea about Ashes a lot.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Shiner219Shiner219 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Fully agree.
    How this all interacts with other parts of the game is very interesting.

One Nodes effect on a neighboring node, the implications for trade, politics, war or friendly relations provides some wide scope for players to work with.

Look forward to the next installment.

Well done to all the Intrepid Team.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDK if i was sleeping during past days i watched this game because today watching this video,i have lost a LOT of interest.
    I did not know this game was going to be presented not much different than those cheap browser games we have seen.

Basically looks like Albion Online.Actually the more i think about it,i have lost interest,this is way too cheap of a  budget design for my liking.
    So i assume the nice graphics we saw will be some kind of player side instancing and server side will be like Albion or even Lord British's game is a good example.

I thought it was going to be a wide open traveled world with full animations,boy am i disappointed....sigh.

First COE had me hopeful then  it dumped on me,now this i was really interested in but now,it looks cheap.So it's selling point is statistical nodes,stuff you can't really see until some 2d paper doll Dragon appears or something similar......very disappointed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HerbinLegendHerbinLegend Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited March 2017
    Wizardry said:
    IDK if i was sleeping during past days i watched this game because today watching this video,i have lost a LOT of interest.
    I did not know this game was going to be presented not much different than those cheap browser games we have seen.

Basically looks like Albion Online.Actually the more i think about it,i have lost interest,this is way too cheap of a  budget design for my liking.
    So i assume the nice graphics we saw will be some kind of player side instancing and server side will be like Albion or even Lord British's game is a good example.

I thought it was going to be a wide open traveled world with full animations,boy am i disappointed....sigh.

First COE had me hopeful then  it dumped on me,now this i was really interested in but now,it looks cheap.So it's selling point is statistical nodes,stuff you can't really see until some 2d paper doll Dragon appears or something similar......very disappointed.

Assuming you're serious, because I can't tell, and I  could be mistaken, but I think this video is meant more as a representation of how the nodes will work, and not at all how the game will look or play.

Can't get my pen to write in this space.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Wizardry said:

Watch from 4:43 on... How does that look like a Browser game or Albion? /facepalm...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    @Wizardry

You really should ask the staff here to change your screen name to Emily Littela.

Either that or we need a facepalm button,

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    Nodes are interesting but balancing them seems like a nightmare.  The normal PvP horde will descend on this game and whatever unbalanced flaw there is in the node system for progression will be hit hard and fast.