Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ark survival evolved, what is the deal with this game and what are your thoughts on the production?

DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
Thoughts?

The game seems solid, pretty damn good actually. I like pet classes, and this game is right up my alley. However, it is poorly optimized and they don't seem too keen on addressing it. Rather, they are releasing DLCs while in early access.

(My apologizes if this game already has a topic; looked around bit)

Comments

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    I bought early access and enjoyed the game a great deal. And then, out came the expansion I would've had to pay for while I had already paid to beta test their game. No thanks. I'm done.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Wildcard studio got bought out by Snail Games in 2015 and most of the Ark resources got put onto new projects in China. 

https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Another Indy survival game that was lucky enough to get in the game early enough to get good funding, but late enough so that the fanbase/interest was just starting up (and not exhausted).

Personally I've taken a stance to ignore it, and then got a few laughs when they made DLC blunders that gaming news just wouldn't shut up about.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    With so many willing to buy EA games and expansions, no real incentive for these indie devs to finish or "release" their titles.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon