Repopulation back on Steam

SarreneSarrene Washington DCMember UncommonPosts: 11
Beginning tomorrow, Sunday, March 26th 2017 at 6PM EDT (11pm GMT) Steam sales for The Repopulation will be available!
Currently only the silver package $19.99 is able to be purchased. We will be adjusting this in the future so players may bump up their packages or purchase a higher tier from the start. Stand alone client purchases through Hero Engine will be available at a later date, stay tuned!

https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/news-and-announcements/repop-back-on-steam-12934

Comments

• Holyavenger1Holyavenger1 CanadaMember UncommonPosts: 623
    You're too fast :dizzy: Beat me to the punch ;)

The Black Death - Medieval Plague Survival Sandbox.
    Chronicles of Elyria - Dynamic Story-Driven Sandbox With Permadeath.
    The Repopulation - The Sci-Fi Sandbox. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Back on steam roll in those bucks who cares that the game is in the same state as it was when it was shut down over a year ago

• alivenaliven SzczytnoMember UncommonPosts: 265
    Asheram said:
    Back on steam roll in those bucks who cares that the game is in the same state as it was when it was shut down over a year ago
    Hey, gamers are a group who will buy shit any time, any day. Just put some glorified words like "indie", "reimagination of cult classic", "open world pvp with full loot", "mmo from asia", "survival expirince", "kickstarter", "early access" and they will choke on your shit. And would still want more, after bitching they dont like the smell. 
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 8,900
    Steam definitely needs more curation, for the Repop to be on sale there is a bit disturbing, someone gullible might actually buy it thinking its a working game etc.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko JohannesburgMember EpicPosts: 6,542
    Phry said:
    Steam definitely needs more curation, for the Repop to be on sale there is a bit disturbing, someone gullible might actually buy it thinking its a working game etc.
    If they didn't read the prominently displayed Early Access disclaimers, that could happen, yes !

Just like it could happen with ANY Early Access game on Steam...

Repopulation was on sale in 2015 as an Early Access title. It went into cold storage for a year, and is once again on sale as an Early Access game (with a new dev team backed by Idea Fabrik, the makers of the Hero Engine).

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 887
    Phry said:
    If they didn't read the prominently displayed Early Access disclaimers, that could happen, yes !

Repopulation was on sale in 2015 as an Early Access title. It went into cold storage for a year, and is once again on sale as an Early Access game (with a new dev team backed by Idea Fabrik, the makers of the Hero Engine).

The fact that the hero engine people have been involved makes me even less optimistic about it. What a steaming pile of crap that engine is.
    Phry said:
    It's actually a working game! And we had a bunch of people come over on Discord and the forums asking for when they can buy it.

So I trust people can look everything up and make an informed decision about buying it in the current state of things or not. There's nothing hidden or sneaky there.
    karmath said:
    Phry said:

The fact that the hero engine people have been involved makes me even less optimistic about it. What a steaming pile of crap that engine is.
    What makes you say it's a bad engine? I mean, you've seen Repop showing poor performances and server unstability, ok. What else do you know about the engine, as opposed to the game?
  • Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLMember RarePosts: 1,655
    I'm excited for it, we'll see how it goes. Take your negativity elsewhere.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INMember RarePosts: 5,367
    Im not sure which EA is more detrimental to gaming.......
  • NildenNilden Canada, NBMember RarePosts: 2,163
    http://steamcharts.com/app/322300

With a grand total peek players on Steam of 112.

Oh well I guess I'll try it out again... but don't expect it to be around long when some MUDs have more players than that.

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited March 28

They shutdown and wiped  the west coast server right before they put the game in limbo but the announcement with the transfer your chars the server closing was buried in the forums instead of being put on the steam game page so I lost everything and have to start over. Bass turds.
    Post edited by Asheram on

• ReaperUkReaperUk Cambridgeshire, UKMember UncommonPosts: 713
    Well......... I paid $150 in 2012 as a backer. The beta was supposed to start later that year. It didn't. All their promises for further beta starts came to nothing and I gave up even following the game several years ago now. Then I saw the announcement that the new owners were relaunching and thought I'd give it one more try. I installed the Hero Engine client with the Repop build a couple of weeks ago... and nothing. All I got was a system message that the server was sleeping. I discovered you could wake it but that did nothing either. Finally, I decided the repop was always going to be a lost cause and uninstalled everything last week.

I don't think I'll waste my time on it again and wouldn't recommend anyone else to.
  • NildenNilden Canada, NBMember RarePosts: 2,163
    So it's the same as it was when it shut down. The inventory is so bad, if you are going to make crafting with multiple recipes requiring multiple ingredients, for fucks sake make all the items stack and give people lots of inventory space.

My characters were still there but the game needs at least a year or more of work on it. What a waste of time with the Fracture thing. So useless. I'm betting this will just be closed and shutdown again.

Not going to invest any time into it until it gets out of early access or more likely if it gets out of early access.

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member UncommonPosts: 918
    I'm only keeping an eye on it because I love slow motion train wrecks.