Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol nvida has to be one of the top companies for being evil.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    So a farmer buys a seed, plants it, takes care about it, and then harvests the crop of seeds. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But Monsato says, hey you, the farmer, you are a thieve if you plant or sell the seeds you harvested. And you agree? You will feel happy in North Korea, as there all the farmers are treated like this, but from the state. In US, the state is corrupted by a company, to do the same thing. I do not see any difference. In my country people threated the government with lynch, when Monsanto tried to enter. As a result GMO plants are forbidden, the fracking is also forbidden - a similar case, because it will ruin the land and the water. This is a real democracy. And if even my country is more democratic than US, you in US have a really big problem.
    umm .. when the Famer purchased the product he sigend an agreement that he would Not Wash and use the seeds .... The Farmer should not of went into an agreement that he had any intention of violating , But again there have only been a couple dosen cases of this out of literally Millions of farmers .. Some people cant help themselves , and will steal and try to take advantage of ... Again go read..
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Uhwop said:
    In Africa there are villages that have had every drop of water the people living there needed to survive sucked dry, or polluted into toxic waste, so that a company can turn around and sell that water back to the people in a bottle with a Coke label on it. 

By the time the water is gone, so is the plant that was using it.  Leaving thousands of people living in areas with no drinking water and no jobs. 

Or in South America where Coke works with local governments to hire paramilitary members to assassinate labor union leaders because the people working in the coke plants aren't paid enough to take care of themselves or their families, and want that to change. 

People in one state here in the U.S. had to protest and petition their local government to shut down a bottling plant that was built and opened illegally, and was using water from one of the great lakes.

And every year people claim companies like EA, or in the OP's case Nvidia, are "evil".  Meanwhile they're guzzling gallons of Coke product every year. 
    that's why I just drink Pepsi. . .

. . .and only use Coke in its powder form. 
    edited March 2017
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    lol .. Probably .. nuff said ..

But lets only focus on perceived Bad ...

And ignore all good , afterall , its much more dramatic and fits an agenda ... doesnt it ...

Lets look at some good they have done ...

http://news.monsanto.com/news-releases/all/all/Giving

Thats a lotta giving over the years .....................

Look .. These corps need to come up with solutions for pop growth feeding etc , and mistakes are made much like the Asbestos boom thru the 60,70 and 80s, or Lead paint for decades,tanning products that dont work.. Medical Procedures with adverse side effects ..  ... As science and tech advance and more info is gathered over time changes are made .... Somebody has to take the leads in these endeavors , Mistakes are made along the way , Its the way its always been and will always be ,they seem to be doing the best they can from all i have read , and this was most of the day ... They know that mistakes were made and have taken steps to give back , rectfiy and take measures to ATTEMPT to ensure that similar or worse mistakes are avoided ....

Yet they know that Roundup is toxic and what are they doing about it?

Yeah they keep selling it.

Monsanto KNOWS that roundup is toxic - I have family members that worked for over 30 years at Monsanto - I've learned about toxicity of Roundup from them, as they told me how bad it was 15+ years ago.

They said - whatever you do - never use Roundup, it's toxic. 

As for why Monsanto is not doing anything about Roundup eventhough they know that it shouldn't be sold  - this is why:

"As of 2009, sales of these herbicide products represented about 10% of Monsanto's revenue due to competition from other producers of other glyphosate-based herbicides;[78] their Roundup products (which include GM seeds) represented about half of Monsanto's gross margin.[79]"

It's about money of course - again if you know anyone who works at Monsanto specifically with Roundup - go ask them if they use it heh - they aren't. Go ask them if they go out of their way to buy food that was not produced with Roundup.

Again - Monsanto - the good guys.... yep.

lmfao did you read your own link cmon man , Possibly , probably , then read on and you find that tests over thousands of Farmers said it didnt cause cnacer etc , it caused it  in Lab rats ... in controlled exposures ...

Lol wtf your own link disproves the point you want to make ..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/weed-whacking-herbicide-p/

Read much?
    One of us doesnt .. again full of Probably and Possibly and potentially 9of course ALSO THIS WRITER HAS AN AGENDA )  , But a couple things again jump out ...

1.Monsanto scientists argue that cells in Seralini’s study were exposed to unnaturally high levels of the chemicals. “It's very unlike anything you'd see in real-world exposure. People's cells are not bathed in these things,” said Donna Farmer, another toxicologist at Monsanto

Monsanto, Roundup’s manufacturer, contends that the methods used in the study don’t reflect realistic conditions and that their product, which has been sold since the 1970s, is safe when used as directed. Hundreds of studies over the past 35 years have addressed the safety of glyphosate.

“Roundup has one of the most extensive human health safety and environmental data packages of any pesticide that's out there,” said Monsanto spokesman John Combest. “It's used in public parks, it's used to protect schools. There's been a great deal of study on Roundup, and we're very proud of its performance.”

The EPA considers glyphosate to have low toxicity when used at the recommended doses.

3.Risk estimates for glyphosate were well below the level of concern,” said EPA spokesman Dale Kemery. The EPA classifies glyphosate as a Group E chemical, which means there is strong evidence that it does not cause cancer in humans.

4 THIS ONE IS FUNNY ....Most research has examined glyphosate alone, rather than combined with Roundup’s inert ingredients. Researchers who have studied Roundup formulations have drawn conclusions similar to the Seralini group’s. For example, in 2005, University of Pittsburg ecologists added Roundup at the manufacturer’s recommended dose to ponds filled with frog and toad tadpoles. When they returned two weeks later, they found that 50 to 100 percent of the populations of several species of tadpoles had been killed.

its right there on the bottle ...

Toxic to aquatic organisms and non-
    target plants. Avoid direct applications to any body
    of water. Do not use in areas where adverse impact on domestic water or aquatic species
    is likely. Do not contaminate water by disposal of waste or cleaning of equipment. Avoid
    all drift to or contact with other vegetation for which treatment is not intended as damage
    or destruction may occur. Observe buffer zones specified under “
    Directions for Use

It says on the Bottle , Do not use near amphibians or fresh water , So if you are stupid enough to ignore manufature warnings.. You get what you deserve in all cases...

5.Serlanis applied Roundup directly to cells ...

and yes lets not disreagrd the very headline here .. ...

ingredient that can suffocate human cells in a laboratory, researchers say...

So in there test they dont follow any of the manufacturers reccommended handling of the product , and expect good results .. funny stuff tbh

Guess what your not supposed to fuggin drink it , your not supposed to driectly apply it to your embilicle cord in a petri dish ..

You are supposed to wear protective gear and follow all manufacturer recocomnedations for application,handling and cleanup , which Serlanis did none of ... funny stuff for sure..

its your link ..

And once again , somebody has to do this shit or millions of people wont eat ...

Post edited by Scorchien on
    sayuu said:
    Uhwop said:
    In Africa there are villages that have had every drop of water the people living there needed to survive sucked dry, or polluted into toxic waste, so that a company can turn around and sell that water back to the people in a bottle with a Coke label on it. 

By the time the water is gone, so is the plant that was using it.  Leaving thousands of people living in areas with no drinking water and no jobs. 

Or in South America where Coke works with local governments to hire paramilitary members to assassinate labor union leaders because the people working in the coke plants aren't paid enough to take care of themselves or their families, and want that to change. 

People in one state here in the U.S. had to protest and petition their local government to shut down a bottling plant that was built and opened illegally, and was using water from one of the great lakes.

And every year people claim companies like EA, or in the OP's case Nvidia, are "evil".  Meanwhile they're guzzling gallons of Coke product every year. 
    that's why I just drink Pepsi. . .

. . .and only use Coke in its powder form. 
    now thats funny right thar..
    edited March 2017
    DMKano said:
    He said she said , disgruntled employess , hypotheticals and your Cousins ,mother , son who used to work there mean nothing to me , all heresay and speculation i only deal in facts ... ... And the facts dont support ..

Now it may turn out wrong in the end , Like Asbestos ,Coal Stoves in homes , lead paint , Tanning products and literally thousands of medications and medical procedures which have turned out with adverse effects , But these things need to be done , Someone has to put themselves out there , Hell the Medical field has most likely caused Much Much more damage to people than Roundup ever could or will , I dont see a crusade against the Medical field , 

Lives need to be saved , people need to fed , New techniques,applications, chemicals and medications need to be tried , to achieve these goals ...

eggs will be broken , but in the end we hope for a better omlette
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    wow. ive never seen a derailing such as this
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well the whole chemical industry is stinking dirt pile when comes to making sure the compounds they make are safe. The majority of compounds are probably never check for long term effects and wether  they are potential hormone distruptors.  I think they conclude that if does kill or harm with let say 6 months that its safe.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    They 100 percent could of released the 1080ti with the 1080. Instead they waited i dono to the t, but over 9 months. The 1080 gets like 2700 in heaven, a 1080ti gets like 4100, and costs like 90 more dollars than the 1080 did. Thats pretty bastardish if you ask me. They milked the rich people who could afford a titan, gave the poorer people who can barely afford a 1080 a like 10 percent increase card over a 1070 for like 300 more dollars. Then said nah fuck you all, here is a 1080ti it beats them all and only costs 90 more than a 1080, and is 500 cheaper than a titan, HAVE FUN!!! haha. 

I wounder if they sit around and laugh about this kind of stuff. 
    rofl. And you are surprised? The corporations have been working out a way to screw us all for decades. They aren't the only one to do this kind of stuff. Do you really think you need a new iphone every 6 months? Or the newest car every year? Really, whats different between this year and last years Ford Taurus? Not much but they work hard to make you think it's better. That's why you should always wait a while before buying anything. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    DMKano said: 
    You clearly are not educated in a science field.  You also argue your point like an anti-vaxxer.  All emotion and anecdotes and no hard facts.  I don't believe for a second your brothers mother-in-laws sisters aunt worked at Monsanto either.  Whenever you argue your stance you always coincidentally know someone that works there lol.  What a crock of shit.
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Loke666 said:
    I don't think we share the definition of "evil", mine has more to do with polluting the earth out of laziness, actually killing people (have happened in Africa with more then a few oil companies), ignoring safety issues that can hurt or kill their own employees or selling products like medicines that don't work and so on.

Even EA is pretty low on the evil scale (but buying up companies and firing all employees just to get a name or license is evil even if it just is petty evil), Nvida could at worst be called "greedy".

I wouldnt even call them greedy - considering the business of capitalism, its pretty damn normal.

Again if you want to see evil - research Monsanto
    GMOS are safe.  Monsanto isn't an evil company lol.  You need to stop getting your "research" from naturalnews and David Wolfe.  

Take GMOs completely out of the equation - look at Monsanto's other products - example Roundup - it's already banned in EU, many other countries are also banning it.

Roundup is one of the top selling herbicides - it's also highly toxic causing health problems in humans, animals and obviously plants.

Monsanto is aggressively pushing all farmers to use their products, suing organic farmers and forcing them out of the business. This company wants to own as much of food supply production as possible. 

Monstanto has been dumping toxic waste - like PCBs and poisoning communities and lying about it for DECADES. - look up Anniston Alabama - ask them if Monsanto is not evil.

Ever heard of Agent Orange - you know who produced it - yep Monsanto. This killed around 400,000 vietnamese and more than half a million children suffered deformities. 

You want to hear the kicker - even TODAY - Monsanto is claiming that Agent Orange is not toxic !!!!! - There is hard scientific data that shows how stupidly insane this is.

Monsanto is taking over filtering water - because they are the ones who know how to remove their own pollutants from the groundwater, so they created a problem and solution and in the end are taking over water supplies. Not evil at all......

Yeah, Monsanto - the good guys... ehm

1.Roundup...
    Glyphosate is not a carcinogen.
    The chronic toxicity and oncogenic potential of
    glyphosate ... have been evaluated by a number of regulatory agencies and by international
    scientific organiz
    ations. Each of these groups has concluded that glyphosate is not
    carcinogenic.

In this Backgrounder, “Roundup” refers to the original Roundup agricultural herbicide (MON 2139), which
    contained the active ingredient glyphosate (as the isopropylamine salt),
    water and a surfactant
    (polyoxyethylene
    -
    alkylamine or POEA).
    “Government regulatory agencies in several countries, international organizations, and other scientific
    institutions and experts have reviewed the available scientific data and independently
    judged the safety
    of glyphosate and Roundup. Conclusions from three major health organizations [Health Canada, United
    States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), and World Health Organization (WHO)] are publicly
    available (Health and Welfare Canada
    , 1986, 1992; U.S. EPA, 1993, 1997a, 1998a; WHO 1994a).
    Those reviews, which have applied internationally accepted methods, principles, and procedures in
    toxicology, have discovered no grounds to suggest concern for human health.”

2.your second point is a complete lie as they have sued noone for this and has already been disproven in this thread..

3.Agent Orange.. your Goverment contracted and paid them to develop it ..Your Goverment approved its use , Your Military used it .... Not Monstanto.. your nest point is also a lie ....

The only thing that troubles me woth this co. is the dumping they did , but they have and are taking steps to impove this ..

And lets ignore the fact that they feed and help millions of people , and donate Millions to help people ...

Simple question - 

Do you work for or have any association with Monsanto?

Also anyone can google and find counterpoints to EVERYTHING you found - but not going to do that - why would the world be banning Roundup if it was so safe?

hmm?
    A lot of people voted for the cheeto and chief to be president.  A lot of people support sharia law. A lot of people think the earth is flat.  You fail to understand that the general public is very gullible and lacking education in science.  How many morons believe (with zero proof) that vaccines cause autism.  It's obvious you are not educated or work in a field of science.  
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2017
    Im running on a 750 TI, and get a solid frame cap of 60-100 FPS on almost every game I play except Arc Survival Evolved and its pretty slow lol.

People really need to stop buying pre-built pieces of crap, and don't use best buy Geek Squad. 

Oh and Alienware was Bought out by Dell so good luck with the hunk of junk they sell now more than ever.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said: 
    You clearly are not educated in a science field.  You also argue your point like an anti-vaxxer.  All emotion and anecdotes and no hard facts.  I don't believe for a second your brothers mother-in-laws sisters aunt worked at Monsanto either.  Whenever you argue your stance you always coincidentally know someone that works there lol.  What a crock of shit.

I didnt choose my inlaws past employment.

Sorry you cant handle the facts.
    "Facts" lol.

DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Loke666 said:
    I don't think we share the definition of "evil", mine has more to do with polluting the earth out of laziness, actually killing people (have happened in Africa with more then a few oil companies), ignoring safety issues that can hurt or kill their own employees or selling products like medicines that don't work and so on.

Even EA is pretty low on the evil scale (but buying up companies and firing all employees just to get a name or license is evil even if it just is petty evil), Nvida could at worst be called "greedy".

I wouldnt even call them greedy - considering the business of capitalism, its pretty damn normal.

Again if you want to see evil - research Monsanto
    GMOS are safe.  Monsanto isn't an evil company lol.  You need to stop getting your "research" from naturalnews and David Wolfe.  

Take GMOs completely out of the equation - look at Monsanto's other products - example Roundup - it's already banned in EU, many other countries are also banning it.

Roundup is one of the top selling herbicides - it's also highly toxic causing health problems in humans, animals and obviously plants.

Monsanto is aggressively pushing all farmers to use their products, suing organic farmers and forcing them out of the business. This company wants to own as much of food supply production as possible. 

Monstanto has been dumping toxic waste - like PCBs and poisoning communities and lying about it for DECADES. - look up Anniston Alabama - ask them if Monsanto is not evil.

Ever heard of Agent Orange - you know who produced it - yep Monsanto. This killed around 400,000 vietnamese and more than half a million children suffered deformities. 

You want to hear the kicker - even TODAY - Monsanto is claiming that Agent Orange is not toxic !!!!! - There is hard scientific data that shows how stupidly insane this is.

Monsanto is taking over filtering water - because they are the ones who know how to remove their own pollutants from the groundwater, so they created a problem and solution and in the end are taking over water supplies. Not evil at all......

Yeah, Monsanto - the good guys... ehm

1.Roundup...
    Glyphosate is not a carcinogen.
    The chronic toxicity and oncogenic potential of
    glyphosate ... have been evaluated by a number of regulatory agencies and by international
    scientific organiz
    ations. Each of these groups has concluded that glyphosate is not
    carcinogenic.

In this Backgrounder, “Roundup” refers to the original Roundup agricultural herbicide (MON 2139), which
    contained the active ingredient glyphosate (as the isopropylamine salt),
    water and a surfactant
    (polyoxyethylene
    -
    alkylamine or POEA).
    “Government regulatory agencies in several countries, international organizations, and other scientific
    institutions and experts have reviewed the available scientific data and independently
    judged the safety
    of glyphosate and Roundup. Conclusions from three major health organizations [Health Canada, United
    States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), and World Health Organization (WHO)] are publicly
    available (Health and Welfare Canada
    , 1986, 1992; U.S. EPA, 1993, 1997a, 1998a; WHO 1994a).
    Those reviews, which have applied internationally accepted methods, principles, and procedures in
    toxicology, have discovered no grounds to suggest concern for human health.”

2.your second point is a complete lie as they have sued noone for this and has already been disproven in this thread..

3.Agent Orange.. your Goverment contracted and paid them to develop it ..Your Goverment approved its use , Your Military used it .... Not Monstanto.. your nest point is also a lie ....

The only thing that troubles me woth this co. is the dumping they did , but they have and are taking steps to impove this ..

And lets ignore the fact that they feed and help millions of people , and donate Millions to help people ...

Simple question - 

Do you work for or have any association with Monsanto?

Also anyone can google and find counterpoints to EVERYTHING you found - but not going to do that - why would the world be banning Roundup if it was so safe?

hmm?
    A lot of people voted for the cheeto and chief to be president.  A lot of people support sharia law. A lot of people think the earth is flat.  You fail to understand that the general public is very gullible and lacking education in science.  How many morons believe (with zero proof) that vaccines cause autism.  It's obvious you are not educated or work in a field of science.  

It is obvious that you know nothing about me.

But thanks for playing ;)
    So do tell.  What field of science did you study and what area do you work in now?  What qualifies you on this topic?
    edited March 2017
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    So a farmer buys a seed, plants it, takes care about it, and then harvests the crop of seeds. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But Monsato says, hey you, the farmer, you are a thieve if you plant or sell the seeds you harvested. And you agree? You will feel happy in North Korea, as there all the farmers are treated like this, but from the state. In US, the state is corrupted by a company, to do the same thing. I do not see any difference. In my country people threated the government with lynch, when Monsanto tried to enter. As a result GMO plants are forbidden, the fracking is also forbidden - a similar case, because it will ruin the land and the water. This is a real democracy. And if even my country is more democratic than US, you in US have a really big problem.
    umm .. when the Famer purchased the product he sigend an agreement that he would Not Wash and use the seeds .... The Farmer should not of went into an agreement that he had any intention of violating , But again there have only been a couple dosen cases of this out of literally Millions of farmers .. Some people cant help themselves , and will steal and try to take advantage of ... Again go read..
    Just to point one more thing, they also started with roundup in my country, and they knew it is toxic, and only GMO plants should be treated with it. And when it started to become popular, with a  lot of advertisement, they asked for special legislation from the government for GMO plants. It was rejected, after mass protests. So, it is not the farmers fault. If a court cannot cancel an unfair deal, there is something wrong with the juridical system. 
      really what is this country ,, wait ya know what nevermind , im certain , you arent giving all the facts , and it would be dispelled like everything else in this discussion ..

Even the so proud Serlanis scientists that soak an embilcle cord in Roundup for a week and expect a good result , or the fucking geniuses from a university that dump in a pond a kill Tadpoles...

well guess fucking what i could soak an embilcle cord in Black label Jack for a week and tell ya the cells are now alcoholics , or dump a Keg of Black Label Jack in a Pond and kill tadpoles .... BFD .... means nothing .. doesnt it

" Jack Daniels is bad for you , under these fucked up condidtions i subjected shit unrealisticly to "

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I googled it, but I couldn't find a company named "nvida".  Maybe the OP can enlighten us on what they do/make?

DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    Just to point one more thing, they also started with roundup in my country, and they knew it is toxic, and only GMO plants should be treated with it. And when it started to become popular, with a  lot of advertisement, they asked for special legislation from the government for GMO plants. It was rejected, after mass protests. So, it is not the farmers fault. If a court cannot cancel an unfair deal, there is something wrong with the juridical system. 
      really what is this country ,, wait ya know what nevermind , im certain , you arent giving all the facts , and it would be dispelled like everything else in this discussion ..

Even the so proud Serlanis scientists that soak an embilcle cord in Roundup for a week and expect a good result , or the fucking geniuses from a university that dump in a pond a kill Tadpoles...

well guess fucking what i could soak an embilcle cord in Black label Jack for a week and tell ya the cells are now alcoholics , or dump a Keg of Black Label Jack in a Pond and kill tadpoles .... BFD .... means nothing .. doesnt it

" Jack Daniels is bad for you , under these fucked up condidtions i subjected shit unrealisticly to "

umbilical

Ya know youve lost a discussion when ............... you resort to grammar checking ...

Thx for playing
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Ok even for MMORPG forums this one has gone from off the rails to grandstanding cock fighting (no actual male chickens included), the OP stated what 4 or replies down, that he didn't realise something and retracted the evil company thing.

But 4 pages on the whole thing has turned into toxic and evil rant, which ironically is about evilness in companies, while missing the glaring issue of bad, terrible and evil debating in this thread.

Tackle the subject, not the person or you will lose the subject which clearly happened here. 

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Back on subject then, i'm going to play Devils Advocate.

I think the moves by Nvidia as a shareholder in general (not in Nvidia stock), are strategically brilliant, they have taken existing  stock rejigged it, repackaged it and have kept sales strong.

But this isn't the usual flim flam new coat of paint this repackaging has power and grunt and real appeal, all very good indicators business wise, plus it also a good cockblocking move against its rivals.

This isn't about you, this is about a company operating in the real business world, and in THIS case did a good job.

kruler said:
    Back on subject then, i'm going to play Devils Advocate.

I think the moves by Nvidia as a shareholder in general (not in Nvidia stock), are strategically brilliant, they have taken existing  stock rejigged it, repackaged it and have kept sales strong.

But this isn't the usual flim flam new coat of paint this repackaging has power and grunt and real appeal, all very good indicators business wise, plus it also a good cockblocking move against its rivals.

This isn't about you, this is about a company operating in the real business world, and in THIS case did a good job.

Altho i agree with your assesment of Nvidia , I dont agree with your saying the thread was derailed .. the OP Titled the thread

Discussion / Lol nvida has to be one of the top companies for being evil.

Now without being able to compare Nvdia to other perceived evil companies we have no basis of Discussion or is this a debate , or is it an informal debate ...

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-eol-graphics-card,26304.html

Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

Here's a new Nvidia driver released for the GeForce 900 series just last week:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116344

For good measure, it also supports cards going all the way back to the GeForce 400 series.  AMD's competitors to the GeForce 400 and 500 series have already discontinued drivers, and I'd expect Nvidia to do likewise with the GeForce 400 and 500 series soon.  And to be fair, Nvidia hasn't put any serious work into optimizing anything for the 400 and 500 series cards in years.  But the 900 series has several years of driver updates left.

Not building the cards new anymore doesn't meant that they won't support the cards they've already sold.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    cheyane said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

check that see all that way to 400 series

Supported

GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420

GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

Hey if your happy with that sort of support for a card that's over a year old that's ok but I would be so pissed off hence I jumped camp to AMD.
    Well yes, optimization work goes into the latest architecture, nor older ones.  That's how both Nvidia and AMD have done it for many years.  Pascal is close enough to Maxwell that optimization work for Pascal probably applies to Maxwell, too.

AMD optimization work still helping out the old GCN cards from 2012 is basically because their latest and greatest Polaris architecture is still just a minor variant of GCN.  That optimization work likely ends with the impending arrival of Vega, as AMD will focus on optimizing for Vega instead.  Rumors have Vega as being a substantially different architecture, not just another slight variant on GCN.
    edited March 2017
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:

umbilical

Ya know youve lost a discussion when ............... you resort to grammar checking ...

Thx for playing
    That happened a couple pages ago.  Still waiting to hear DMKano tell me his credentials on biotech.  I'm not surprised he dodged that question.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    cheyane said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:

When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

check that see all that way to 400 series

Supported

GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420

GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

Hey if your happy with that sort of support for a card that's over a year old that's ok but I would be so pissed off hence I jumped camp to AMD.
    Well yes, optimization work goes into the latest architecture, nor older ones.  That's how both Nvidia and AMD have done it for many years.  Pascal is close enough to Maxwell that optimization work for Pascal probably applies to Maxwell, too.

AMD optimization work still helping out the old GCN cards from 2012 is basically because their latest and greatest Polaris architecture is still just a minor variant of GCN.  That optimization work likely ends with the impending arrival of Vega, as AMD will focus on optimizing for Vega instead.  Rumors have Vega as being a substantially different architecture, not just another slight variant on GCN.
    That does not seem to be the case with directx 12/vulkan.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/105376-do-not-buy-gtx980-or-gtx980ti-they-are-obsolete

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/directx-12-tested-an-early-win-for-amd-and-disappointment-for-nvidia/

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Thats why you only ever buy a *70 version of an nvidia card. Every generation a *70 card would run 99% of games on high at a stable 60fps.

Even more so in this generation of cards I really dont understand why anyone would buy anything else. The 1080/ti and Titan in a single slot still struggle to deliver a solid 60fps at 4k without huge dips on a lot of new titles, so whats the point?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2017
    When I saw the name Monsanto it brought me back to visiting my grandfather in the rubber plantation he used to work in . They used Roundup a popular weed killer. 

My grandfather was a hospital assistant and he has treated people for accidental poisoning while using this weed killer. They used so much of this stuff and also when there was  a very bad Malaria outbreak they used DDT in all the drains and where there was water stagnation. Of course this was in the 70's but often third world countries are saddled with these products a lot longer than the developed countries.

If you look up the history of roundup you will even see that Malaysia was one of the two countries UK being the other where roundup was initially commercialized.
    Post edited by kitarad on