Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant decide, 60 to black desert online, or Mass effect Andromeda.

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
Which would be your choice and why? :) If any one feels like sharing. 

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    One is a mmo one isn't, what do you want.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Spend $10 on a BDO starter package and pocket the other $50. Assuming you like, or will like both games, you should get a lot more playtime out of an mmo.
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Asm0deus said:
    One is a mmo one isn't, what do you want.
    Want to know which one you would get and why, I narrowed it down to those 2 I want to play for awhile, but I only got enough for 1. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It just depends on what you feel like doing. I'm 58 in BDO, but some days I don't want to play BDO, and would rather play a story based game like Mass effect. Not really sure what I would choose. Right now I don't feel like playing a game today, so I would choose neither.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    There is no Pathfinder class in BDO your answer is given.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    edited March 2017
    ME:A isn't worth $60, you could save yourself a fair bit of cash just by waiting a month or two, i suspect the cost of the game will drop significantly, at least, on PC, if its the console version you are after, then, make sure you really want to get the game, watch the lets play reviews etc. the game has problems you will have to decide whether they are game breaking or not, for you.
    BDO, you don't really need to spend more on it if you already have the game, though obviously the gaming experience will improve if you do. O.o

almost forgot, the characters and npc's in BDO tend to be outstandingly beautiful, in ME:A for some reason, they decided to deliberately make them ugly, particularly the women, an odd choice for sure!
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Phry said:
    ME:A isn't worth $60, you could save yourself a fair bit of cash just by waiting a month or two, i suspect the cost of the game will drop significantly, at least, on PC, if its the console version you are after, then, make sure you really want to get the game, watch the lets play reviews etc. the game has problems you will have to decide whether they are game breaking or not, for you.
    BDO, you don't really need to spend more on it if you already have the game, though obviously the gaming experience will improve if you do. O.o

almost forgot, the characters and npc's in BDO tend to be outstandingly beautiful, in ME:A for some reason, they decided to deliberately make them ugly, particularly the women, an odd choice for sure!
    Ill just go with Dragon age Inquisitor then, and 20 dollars for the BDO sub. Many thanks. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'd play ME:A.  The content in BDO is ok and combat is ok, but nothing special.  Plus the game has a lot of time sinks, which is ok if it's your main or only MMO but I like variety and play different games.  I plan on getting ME:A when it goes on sale, as I really enjoyed the series.   

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Ill just go with Dragon age Inquisitor then, and 20 dollars for the BDO sub. Many thanks. 
    Don't buy a value pack. You don't really need it to exp up to 50+. The best part about the value pack is the additional money you earn from market sales. Your best bet is to just get the game, play it a bit to see if you like it, and invest after. Your money would be better spent on buying (permanent) pets, inventory slots, and weight increases. But then again since the inventory/weight are only for a single character and not the entire account you should wait until you find a class you really enjoy playing. As a long time player who has spent $400+ on the game, wait it out a bit. If you want to buy something and you have money burning a hole in your pocket you'll need pets, they're basically a necessity when you start to seriously grind.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I'd play ME:A.  The content in BDO is ok and combat is ok, but nothing special.  Plus the game has a lot of time sinks, which is ok if it's your main or only MMO but I like variety and play different games.  I plan on getting ME:A when it goes on sale, as I really enjoyed the series.   
    Getting the game when it goes on sale is probably a good choice in terms of maximising your gaming experience, there is talk of Bioware 'fixing' the animations, particularly the awful speech ones, i suspect several patches will be needed for other things too, in a few months they could well have fixed enough of the game that addresses some of the things that have caused negative reviews on certain aspects of the game, though sadly,  its likely that they can't do much about the dialogue itself, which sometimes seems a tad nonsensical if the lets players have the right of it, this could all easily be explained away by the fact that the 'division' of Bioware that made the game, had never made one before and were possibly a bit inexperienced, which could explain some of the mistakes made, not just the animations, that perhaps more experienced dev's would not have made. :o
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    If you don't already have 4 pets and max weight, I would get those. They completely change how you enjoy BDO.

You might buy Origin Access for $5 a month or $30 a year as it will let you play 10 hours of ME:A to see if you want to spend the money on it (and gives a discount to purchase). Then even if you don't like it you get access to a bunch of good games.

Lots of good games on there like the earlier Mass Effects, Dragon Age series, Trine, Banner Saga, This War of Mine, and Mirror's Edge.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access/vault-games

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Fuck it!

I'd get both ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee