Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess I won't be playing

Roegnar777Roegnar777 Member UncommonPosts: 12
Square Enix site won't take my card, keeps erroring out and when I call for help,
I get none.  Wasted money buying the game.

Comments

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    What is the error?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Try another browser.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Maybe some screenshots will help us to aid you OP.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Roegnar777Roegnar777 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Well I used a different browser and low and behold it worked
    Why couldn't they have told me that
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Payment systems can be flakey like that. It's hard to make sure an app is compatible with all possible browsers and versions so always good advice to try another when having an issue.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I got back into game.  My character has deleted lvls.  I got to max lvl when playing before as a black mage and had started on sever gathering and a few other classes.  I go back into game and I have 14 lvls in a job and nothing else.  I had hunted down and finished hunt lists, they are reset also.  I put a bug report in game but no response so far.  This kind of crap makes me want to pay something else.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Aori said:
    Square has always had issues with its payment systems. There really is no reason for a company the size of Square to be so far behind with payment and web systems for that matter.
    Would agree, they've had issues like this since the early days of XI, so its nothing new.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Kyleran said:
    Payment systems can be flakey like that. It's hard to make sure an app is compatible with all possible browsers and versions so always good advice to try another when having an issue.
    Even if you do make sure that your page works with all browsers, someone will make a new version of a browser that isn't compatible with your page.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    I got back into game.  My character has deleted lvls.  I got to max lvl when playing before as a black mage and had started on sever gathering and a few other classes.  I go back into game and I have 14 lvls in a job and nothing else.  I had hunted down and finished hunt lists, they are reset also.  I put a bug report in game but no response so far.  This kind of crap makes me want to pay something else.
    You are either looking on the wrong server, or the wrong account mate.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    User error..........
    Kothoses said:

I have 3 mounts from I got that I remember, this is the right account, I do not have a multitude of accounts for this game, world of warcraft maybe but not ffxiv
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Maybe some screenshots will help us to aid you OP.
    Shots of the CC also would help.

j/k
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    edited March 2017
    Square Enix site won't take my card, keeps erroring out and when I call for help,
    I get none.  Wasted money buying the game.
    Call your bank. If the card is not being accepted. If it's actually a website issue try another browser or disable any extentions/addons you may be using and try again. if none of that works then sorry for your loss.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    Pretty sure has to be a verified card.I forget the process it has been a very long time since i had to do that.If i am mistaken this for some other game  which is possible,i only had to have my CC verified once in my life and can't remember which game it was.
    If mistaken then you are likely doing something wrong on their site.They have never had any real easy cut n dry method to registering their games,you have read stuff 2/3/4/5x to make sure you got it right.
    Most importantly PLEASE READ....

At the top of the webpage you should look for the ADDRESS in green words,that usually means it is legit.

I noticed the Japan site has the green address but the other google links do not,so i would be wary of fishing sites.
    The LAME part by Square Enix is that i see some warning about make sure the address is the same as on the SSL certificate....seriously,how many people know how to look for that?They continue to amaze me with their idiotic ideas .

Anyhow,apparently a secure site will change the http to https...s=secure.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Kothoses said:

I have 3 mounts from I got that I remember, this is the right account, I do not have a multitude of accounts for this game, world of warcraft maybe but not ffxiv
    Then it's probably wrong server, people's levels don't just up and disappear.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Rhoklaw said:
    Distopia said:
    Kothoses said:

Then it's probably wrong server, people's levels don't just up and disappear.
    I would have to agree. I find it hard to believe a character would lose levels. While he said he doesn't have multiple accounts, there are multiple servers. So try checking another server.
    I just a bit ago checked all servers, nada
  • HellsprodigyHellsprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Well then you paid for the wrong account... You're not checking servers correct or you let someone on your account while you weren't playing that might have deleted your stuff. Other then that levels do not disappear character's don't delete themselves etc... i didn't play for a good 7 months never had that issue once. Just call SE in the morning and they can help you figure it out.. here is there number 1 (858) 790-7529 for SE CS
    Well then you paid for the wrong account... You're not checking servers correct or you let someone on your account while you weren't playing that might have deleted your stuff. Other then that levels do not disappear character's don't delete themselves etc... i didn't play for a good 7 months never had that issue once. Just call SE in the morning and they can help you figure it out.. here is there number 1 (858) 790-7529 for SE CS
    For the record, I am not new to mmos by any chance.  This is crazy and never heard of this happening.  Last time I talked to them, they told me I had to submit something ingame which I have.
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Change your class? I jumped in after a long time and was like wtf! why am i a lvl 4 arcanist. I used to be a  35 war.    I equipped an axe and all was good. I was my 35 war again lol   
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    yeah i dunno why asian games seem to have crap ui and systems like this.  its weird.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited March 2017
    change data center, there are 2 na data centers each with like 10 servers on them.
    opening menu you can do it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It fails and takes a dollar or something from your card too.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

ubermut said:
    change data center, there are 2 na data centers each with like 10 servers on them.
    opening menu you can do it.
    Have done that already.
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited May 2017

Aori said:

Square has always had issues with its payment systems. There really is no reason for a company the size of Square to be so far behind with payment and web systems for that matter.

There are so many ways around not using Square as the source to buy their stuff, it is not even worth talking about. There is Steam, Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, and I am sure many more.