Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Feedback Leads to Season 2, Free Trial Extended - The Exiled - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayer Feedback Leads to Season 2, Free Trial Extended - The Exiled - MMORPG.com

The Exiled News - The Exiled entered Early Access last month and in the intervening days has been listening to and responding to community feedback about the game. That has led to today's release of Season 2 with a number of improvements to key areas in the game including the Party System, Diplomacy, a new Healer class, camera options, performance improvements, and the usual bug fixes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited March 2017
    This game has open world pvp in all areas and full loot. If you like EVE Online you might like this game? To each their own I suppose...
  • lashlashlashlash Member UncommonPosts: 32
    A step in the right direction. I played this game last season and had fun with it, we had members in our clan coordinating and logging on regularly. The EU server was fun because there was a language barrier between the Russian speakers and the English speakers, so this naturally caused different competing clans, and we competed on the leaderboards and within the game. The combat and conflict is the fun part, so having this was important.

I went to the US server to steal resources from there as well (the ping wasn't too bad and quite playable), and I talked to some of the players on there. They said that they decided to all work together and form alliances, and didn't compete with the Europeans for score (nor invade our servers), so they just dissipated without participating in an important part of the game (i.e. winning on the leaderboards individually or as a group).

I also made a solo character to see what it was like. While I couldn't compete with big clans on raw total score, I could "win" by being efficient in getting resources related to my size, so I climbed on the leaderboards (there are different ones) which rewarded quality over quantity. I was also competing with smaller groups, but the large "zerg" groups could never compete on these leaderboards.

I'm going to start recommending this game to some of my Dota 2 and LoL playing friends, that is probably a better target market than the typical (modern) MMORPG crowd given the isometric combat and punishing (i.e winners and losers) loot mechanics, along with the fact that you have "winners" each season (much like upcoming Crowfall campaigns).