Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanna play Zelda Breath of the wild on pc?!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited March 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I just found this:

On cemu (wii U emu)

Post edited by Dragnelus on

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    From what I read, it runs like total shit atm.  But maybe eventually it will run well enough to check out.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    From what I read, it runs like total shit atm.  But maybe eventually it will run well enough to check out.
    Yeh, I red they need a few months. I just downloaded zelda windwaker hd and some mario games and it runs great!!

But that they made zelda botw 'playable' in such a short time is impressive.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This is not legal right ? I think you can post about private servers but is this allowed on these boards ?

kitarad said:
    This is not legal right ? I think you can post about private servers but is this allowed on these boards ?
    Youtube finds it legal and in his description:  

Emulation is not about playing Pirated games. Its about playing the Games YOU OWN, forever on whatever Media you want. 4K 60+FPS for life! Pay for what you play...

Aori said:
    Dragnelus said:
    kitarad said:

Emulation is not about playing Pirated games. Its about playing the Games YOU OWN, forever on whatever Media you want. 4K 60+FPS for life! Pay for what you play...
    Didn't know Nintendo had downloadable PC versions of Windwaker HD and Mario. Downloading, distributing and using those is a violation of copyright law.
    You learn something every day :)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Legal.. Is some times a matter of pespective... 

It might not be illegal for you to play it, but i am pretty sure that the people who make the emulator could end up in some very hot water should the right combination of legal people come together. 

But usually it is just a matter of a CnD and then bury the developer in legal costs until they give up and/or drink them self to death. 

This have been a good conversation

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    So if I own a Switch and a copy of BotW. Would I be a dirty rotten scroundrel for playing the emu?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    laserit said:
    So if I own a Switch and a copy of BotW. Would I be a dirty rotten scroundrel for playing the emu?
    No but it is still illegal to play a copyrighted rom.
    That's debatable.  If you own a physical copy of Breath of the Wild it could be reasonably argued that making a "backup" copy for personal use is your legal right as an owner of the product.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

And that is what I criticized harshly in a previous post.

This is simply bullshit. The European law clearly states that you are allowed to have copies of games you legally own.

Nintendo thinks they are above the law to spread this "misinformation" as they call it.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Get a Switch + Zelda and support Nintendo for it's courage!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    A downloaded ROM is a copy of someone else's game.  If you created the ROM yourself from the game that you possess, then it is a copy of your game.  The downloaded version "is not okay".

The EMUs themselves are typically modular, with the illegal portions created and maintained as plugins, by a 3rd party.  This is why you can find EMUs like ePSX on the play store but they don't actually work on their own.

If you are successfully playing an emulated game then you are using at least one piece of illegal software to do it, assuming that the platform itself isn't so old that it's now free game.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Dragnelus said:
    Aori said:
    Dragnelus said:
    kitarad said:

Didn't know Nintendo had downloadable PC versions of Windwaker HD and Mario. Downloading, distributing and using those is a violation of copyright law.
    So you mean to say you didn't download them from an illegal website?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

fivoroth said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Aori said:
    Dragnelus said:
    kitarad said:

Haha what do one calls an illegal site? :awesome:

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Aori said:
    Dragnelus said:
    kitarad said:

Well, let's assume they do have pc versions.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    I wonder if my new computer can run BoTW better than on my Wii-U. :open_mouth:

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    fivoroth said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Aori said:
    Dragnelus said:
    kitarad said:

Is the website illegal or the content offered? Big difference.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

This discussion has been closed.