Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Revelation Online good? Where is the faulty?

fujikayfujikay Member UncommonPosts: 8
edited March 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

For my part, an RO player, who have played RO for nearly 1 years. I would like to discuss why RO is so attractive for many people to play?

First, personalization. It is a wide statement, actually, it should be defined as Class Personalization. You can play different class by adding different points and different level has a different feeling. Everyone will find its favorite class and get a strong sense of belonging with personalization. Well, the personalization is ready, the performance must follow up! RO do well in this position, such as high ASPD strike, pleasant AOE experience, the sound effect in the shooting, etc.

Second, be rich overnight. The drop and the output are pure. The way to get equipment is farming. 80% equipment is useless, while you get one rare, you will become rich. It is a relatively fair and interesting way for most players. Everyone has the chance to be strong.

So where is the faulty?

First, leveling is boring. It is ok at the earlier stage, but how is the later? Shit!!! Low-level players beat monsters to level up every day(dull), and high-level players farm in instances(usually have nothing to do). And the instances don't integrate with equipment well, so players in the different class have no originality to play them. It loses its joy.

Second, no outdoor PK. Well, I have to say GVG and PVP are interesting. But the most interesting is dozens of people are robbing one boss. As most games, 80% maps are safe(no PK), 20% are free to PK. As for RO, it tends to PVE. If a game, based on vocational feature, has no PVP outside, how to reflect its own system structure?

Third, free. The joy of RO is in the free playtime. All important requirements are come from the output, instead of shop. There are both advantages and disadvantages in it. It makes the game have fewer breakthrough points to make money itself. Furthermore, if the developer can't make money, how to extend the life of RO?

That is my thoughts about RO. If something I write is wrong, pls let me know. The initial joy for RO has gone now, but I still keep sentiments in the game. And what do you think of RO? Do you still keep the initial feeling for it?

Well, if someone like to try this game, check the download page here: http://c.co.igameunion.com/c.php?p=raw&adzoneid=19&adid=5334
Post edited by fujikay on

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I just felt like it was a cheaply made and everything is there for gratification for doing absolutely nothing. Auto run here, big shiny numbers. It wasn't fun for me at all. It was just a boring wait to get to something else to wait to do something else. Maybe it gets better later on but I got to level 25 and it still felt the same.
  • GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    fujikay said:
    high ASPD strike
    Out of curiosity, what is that? I guess it is not "antisocial personality disorder" as Google tries to tell me...
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Greme said:
    fujikay said:
    high ASPD strike
    Out of curiosity, what is that? I guess it is not "antisocial personality disorder" as Google tries to tell me...
    Attack Speed, I think (Attack SPeeD).  That's what it usually means at least.