Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You Tube tv incoming

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Yep the giant money bags are trying to run cable tv out of our homes and begin a monopoly.
YouTube.TV

I expect government lobbying as well,buying our governments to create agenda's that serve themselves.I fully expect that You Tube/Google to lobby/ pay off governments to end streaming and make it illegal.Not a big deal if the government acts on their own behalf but just like the Canadian RCMP many years ago,they were bought off by Direct Tv and Bell to stop illegal Direct Tv in Canada.
So now expect Google to flex their financial power and turn this into a monopoly.

Is there a possible bright shining star to all of this?Well if we believe in miracles "lol"then we believe it creates a competitive market that drives prices DOWN.However we all know that never happens,prices only go one way and that UP.There is something even scarier that COULD happen.

Before you think i am just some conspiracy theorist,research what Hasbro did years ago.Hasbro at one time the biggest game business on the planet,that is before video games came along.They were caught telling suppliers to set prices THEY wanted which were higher than should be.So it appeared to be a FAIR market since everyone was charging the same prices but it was no,it was manipulated by Hasbro.They were caught by the US government and made a deal to keep their image from being smeared.So don't think Google might not try to find some soft way to manipulate other giant cable and TV businesses to partner up with them and keep prices high.

just my 2 cents rounded up to a nickle,on the subject.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• afsra123afsra123 Member CommonPosts: 1

The $35-per-month streaming bundle is only available in markets where YouTube TV can carry at least three live local broadcast channels, which right now covers about half of U.S. homes. And to watch YouTube TV on a television, you need a Chromecast dongle, a Chromecast-enabled Android TV device, or an Apple TV for AirPlay.

For those who live within the YouTube TV footprint—and don’t mind using a phone, tablet, or laptop as their remote—Google’s streaming bundle is an excellent value. It’s also the best attempt yet at combining live, on-demand, and recorded TV into a comprehensible interface. With broader app support and a larger coverage area, it could be the best streaming bundle for most people.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    OP...lol

I havent had cable in 10 years once I started using Netflix and Youtube.

Kind of late to the drama dont you think?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me