Found My new MMO Home

2»

Comments

  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Ponta DelgadaMember UncommonPosts: 203
    I did not buy the founder´s pack, since I don´t think that I will stick to the game for very long. I am still waiting for a good SandBox mmorpg, but I will give it a fair shake when OB comes out for everyone.
  • NPCPakNPCPak Ontario, CanadaMember UncommonPosts: 36
    edited March 5
    I'm happy to see that you found a place you can enjoy yourself, Xion. I was once considering this MMORPG because of it's small similarities to Perfect World International (2008) but I'm not 100% sure about if I will be happy with it as you are. I do love the graphics as it's vibrant and gives off a fantasy-genre feel, but I find having too much 'Asian' influences makes it harder to immerse myself with the MMO. Maybe I'll try it out again some time after it gets released to the public.
    Post edited by NPCPak on
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 18,233
    kairel182 said:
    You've been playing for a week and you're convinced you found your "new home"?

    I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?
    People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.
    Well, I don't care if he's having fun...so...

    Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.
    If a game is fun for six weeks, and then you get bored and quit, how is that a bad thing?  You had fun for six weeks!
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 18,233
    I never played a minute. But two things intrigue me
    1. Open world without loading screens. Is it like Vanguard ?
    2. Fun action combat. If its anything like Tera ?
    I can help. 

    1. I can say it's similar. I never played Vanguard but I can confirm the only time you are in a loading screen is during the entrance to an Instance or if you teleport somewhere. Loading isn't super long either. 

    2. The Combat in my opinion is very much like Tera.. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE. You can actually change control styles from Point and Click like Lineage 2, to Tab Targeting like traditional games, or to Action Mode which plays pretty much like Tera. 
    Vanguard didn't have loading screens, but it did have the game lock up for a couple of seconds or so when you crossed zone boundaries so that it could load the next zone.  I never found that preferable to having a loading screen for the same amount of time, but apparently some people did.
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,919
    Yes the chunking was rampant and distracting.
    image
  • ScorchienScorchien Hatboro, PAMember EpicPosts: 4,089
    Quizzical said:
    I never played a minute. But two things intrigue me
    1. Open world without loading screens. Is it like Vanguard ?
    2. Fun action combat. If its anything like Tera ?
    I can help. 

    1. I can say it's similar. I never played Vanguard but I can confirm the only time you are in a loading screen is during the entrance to an Instance or if you teleport somewhere. Loading isn't super long either. 

    2. The Combat in my opinion is very much like Tera.. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE. You can actually change control styles from Point and Click like Lineage 2, to Tab Targeting like traditional games, or to Action Mode which plays pretty much like Tera. 
    Vanguard didn't have loading screens, but it did have the game lock up for a couple of seconds or so when you crossed zone boundaries so that it could load the next zone.  I never found that preferable to having a loading screen for the same amount of time, but apparently some people did.
    to be fair as tech cought up and SOE patched Vanguard , that problem did disapear ...
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 18,233
    Scorchien said:
    Quizzical said:
    I never played a minute. But two things intrigue me
    1. Open world without loading screens. Is it like Vanguard ?
    2. Fun action combat. If its anything like Tera ?
    I can help. 

    1. I can say it's similar. I never played Vanguard but I can confirm the only time you are in a loading screen is during the entrance to an Instance or if you teleport somewhere. Loading isn't super long either. 

    2. The Combat in my opinion is very much like Tera.. IF YOU WANT IT TO BE. You can actually change control styles from Point and Click like Lineage 2, to Tab Targeting like traditional games, or to Action Mode which plays pretty much like Tera. 
    Vanguard didn't have loading screens, but it did have the game lock up for a couple of seconds or so when you crossed zone boundaries so that it could load the next zone.  I never found that preferable to having a loading screen for the same amount of time, but apparently some people did.
    to be fair as tech cought up and SOE patched Vanguard , that problem did disapear ...
    I played it about two years after launch and that's what it was like then.  At the time, players said you needed to run the game off of a ramdisk.  An SSD may be able to mostly fix it, but making an SSD part of the system requirements in 2007 was something of a problem, as the first good SSDs didn't exist until 2008.  I'm not against a seamless open world, but Vanguard was very much not a seamless open world.  Even the frequent but very brief blink-and-you'll-miss-it loading screens of Uncharted Waters Online were preferable to that.
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Oakdale, CAMember UncommonPosts: 71
    I've actually been playing the last couple of days.

    I walked into this completely blind, not knowing anything about the game. It's actually got quite a bit of content already. I've done Open world PvP, kill anyone anywhere anytime if you flag up (BDO style). 10v10 and 20v20 BG's. Arena which normalizes all gear (Like GW2). I've also done 5 man dungeons and am told there are 10 and 20 man raids at higher levels. 

    The main story is actually pretty good too. Although I have run into some screens that are still in Chinese......hope they aren't telling me anything super important lol.

    Is it groundbreaking....no. But it took the best aspects from every other MMO and combined them into their game.......guess what game did this last time, WoW.

    Took EQ PvE, Ultima Gearing, and DAoC PvP and combined them with a Warcraft mask....it worked out well.....

    As far as the cash shop goes. I haven't seen anything pay 2 win. "You can buy upgrade materials"....or you can do 1 dungeon and get them WITH xp.

    Also, it works like GW2 where you can convert in game money to cash money. I've currently converted enough in game money to have $40 worth of cash money, and I've only been playing 5 days.....so if you really think the cash shop is p2w, then play a couple days casually and turn your coins into cash credit lol.

    So far I think it's a pretty good game. Hopefully with the Open Beta patch they finish off the translations. The only other problem I've seen so far were the gold spammers early on...but as of yesterday I see maybe 1 or 2 a minutes....easily ignored. A huge jump from the mass spam that was hitting chat in the first few days. That, to me, shows that they are actively fixing problems...always a good sign.
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,856
    Recore said:

    Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 


    Oh whatever, you were a pve player in L2.
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Aori said:
    Recore said:

    Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 


    Oh whatever, you were a pve player in L2.
    I love your uncanny psychic ability.................../sarcasm ... but no I was in top siege guild Inner circle on Sieghardt

    I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

  • WarlyxWarlyx UnknowMember RarePosts: 2,425
    lol , the honeymoon wont last
  • jdavidce19jdavidce19 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @xion12121 thanks for sharing this
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,686
    Quizzical said:
    kairel182 said:
    You've been playing for a week and you're convinced you found your "new home"?

    I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?
    People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.
    Well, I don't care if he's having fun...so...

    Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.
    If a game is fun for six weeks, and then you get bored and quit, how is that a bad thing?  You had fun for six weeks!
    It's a bad ting because you very well in six weeks, we will be graced with the fallout from the failed relationship in various threads here.

    I guess "I've found a new home!" is the new "This is the best game EVAR!"

    OP sounds like my neighbor who says every guy she meets is the one she'll be with forever. She's had five or six "forevers" in the past year. All you can do is roll your eyes.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 18,233
    edited March 6
    Quizzical said:
    kairel182 said:
    You've been playing for a week and you're convinced you found your "new home"?

    I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?
    People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.
    Well, I don't care if he's having fun...so...

    Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.
    If a game is fun for six weeks, and then you get bored and quit, how is that a bad thing?  You had fun for six weeks!
    It's a bad ting because you very well in six weeks, we will be graced with the fallout from the failed relationship in various threads here.

    I guess "I've found a new home!" is the new "This is the best game EVAR!"

    OP sounds like my neighbor who says every guy she meets is the one she'll be with forever. She's had five or six "forevers" in the past year. All you can do is roll your eyes.
    One may reasonably hope to marry a person "til death do us part".  One does not reasonably hope to find a single MMORPG that will be fun for the rest of your life unless you expect to die soon.  If you try a brand new game every single week and have a lot of fun with it for that week before moving on, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Post edited by Quizzical on
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,863
    Aori said:
    Recore said:

    Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 


    Oh whatever, you were a pve player in L2.

    I was both PVE and PVP. 

    Always loved being in the smaller clans with dreams of taking over the server. It never happened but it was fun.
  • ImTangibleImTangible Member UncommonPosts: 4
    @Recore always gotta dream big :)

  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,903
    Quizzical said:
    Quizzical said:
    kairel182 said:
    You've been playing for a week and you're convinced you found your "new home"?

    I'm trying to unload....er, I mean...sell...yeah, sell...a swamp...er, I mean hillside...yeah, hillside...property in Florida. Interested?
    People like you are the reason everyone hates this site's 'community.'  While I understand that it's naive to think that he's found a long term 'home' in an MMO in that short amount of time, perhaps it would be more constructive to say 'Hey, hope it lasts, glad you're having fun!' instead of this negative fucking bullshit.
    Well, I don't care if he's having fun...so...

    Besides, six weeks from now it will be a totally different story....complete with whining and threats. It always is.
    If a game is fun for six weeks, and then you get bored and quit, how is that a bad thing?  You had fun for six weeks!
    It's a bad ting because you very well in six weeks, we will be graced with the fallout from the failed relationship in various threads here.

    I guess "I've found a new home!" is the new "This is the best game EVAR!"

    OP sounds like my neighbor who says every guy she meets is the one she'll be with forever. She's had five or six "forevers" in the past year. All you can do is roll your eyes.
    One may reasonably hope to marry a person "til death do us part".  One does not reasonably hope to find a single MMORPG that will be fun for the rest of your life unless you expect to die soon.  If you try a brand new game every single week and have a lot of fun with it for that week before moving on, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Not for life, but I do look for games which can singularly entertain me for a year or more.

    So yes, a game with a six week lifespan would be a waste of time.

    Btw, I don't play for "fun" only long term gains and challenges.

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon




  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,856
    xion12121 said:
    Aori said:
    Recore said:

    Coming from Lineage 2 my self I am looking foward to the pvp, castle sieges and guild drama. 


    Oh whatever, you were a pve player in L2.
    I love your uncanny psychic ability.................../sarcasm ... but no I was in top siege guild Inner circle on Sieghardt
    Are you Recore too?
  • BoneserinoBoneserino London, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,756
    It looks like a Perfect World reboot to me.

    I bet it has fireworks right?

    FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,903
    edited March 7
    It looks like a Perfect World reboot to me.

    I bet it has fireworks right?
    Hey, EVE has fireworks launchers you can fit to your hull.

    I always used them in extra high slots on ships with no chance of surviving a PVP encounter, considered it my pointless act of defiance. ;)
    Post edited by Kyleran on

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon




  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,069
    It looks like a Perfect World reboot to me.

    I bet it has fireworks right?
    Every good game should have fireworks!
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • BoneserinoBoneserino London, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,756
    Torval said:
    It looks like a Perfect World reboot to me.

    I bet it has fireworks right?
    Every good game should have fireworks!
    Half the money I spent in PW went to fireworks!   At least they were cheap..... but yea it never hurts to let the kids play with fireworks in your game!  

    FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

  • ShinamiShinami Sacramento, CAMember UncommonPosts: 776
    I stuck with it and I like this game. 
    However, this game is Extremely Daily Oriented.
    Fail to do your dailies and you fall behind. 
    Trust me on the fact that every day its literally the same thing in the tier. 

    However, you can break this habit by working on Life Skills as well. 

    What I like is that a person can trade imperial coins for Aurum (the cash-shop currency). This is on a PER-CHARACTER, not account-wide transaction. First time you go into 7-day premium it costs turning 100 - 200 Imperial Coins into 1 Aurum and getting 7-Day Premium. It then goes up. However, its 98 Aurum for a 30 Day Premium.

    A player who does all of his dailies for all seven days and actually plays the game and knows the market well enough will make anywhere from 50K - 250K Imperial Coins a week. I already know players who bought 5000 - 20K Aurums from simply No-LIFE'ing the game...

    I have six characters and I no-lifed the Early Access Period and this week. Each one of my six characters has the following WITHOUT spending a cent outside the founder's pack: 

    ~Inventory Space (24-Slot) bags x 4
    ~1000 - 2000 Aurum each
    ~One Month Premium + All the Benefits
    ~At least 50K Imperial Coins saved up...
    ~Fashion Pack

    I don't mind the microtransaction system in this game. 
    I like the fact that AT LEAST a person can convert In-game currency into CASH SHOP currency and buy PREMIUM that normally in games one is forced to pay real money for a subscription. 

    I no-lifed due to not knowing what I wanted to play as...
    However I found the character class I wanted to play as and have been sticking to it..

    I recently went from No-Lifing, to Having a Life again, but focusing heavier on one character. Its not easy having six level 54 characters.

    Also Pro-Tip..
    Its extremely easy done right to be at level 51- 54 in a week. 
    Choose to go to Level 55 and you'll be sorry when you are so undergeared and under-experienced with your cultivations and skills to the point you will get your ass kicked. 

    There is still the issue that sometimes a party can take a bit to find and bots are EVERYWHERE!!!! but at least I am playing together with more people and have the guild I am member to.....
    Even more! Its not a game where a player will cap in 3 days and then leave....
    and what is good is that people actually will listen to DPS in this game instead of being a TANK-RAN show. 

  • hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Horrible dialogue with NPC's just make me spam F F F F Space. I can't get a sense of if my abilities are good or not in combat. Autopathing from quest to quest. Main reasons why I don't like this game.
  • d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,635
    Kyleran said:
    xion12121 said:
     I personally have only played the game for one week but thus far i'm having the time of my life.
    Get back to us after you've rounded your 3rd year, then you've found a MMO "home"

    Right now you're just staying at a "Holiday Inn Express"  ;)
    I've been playing ESO pretty much solidly for almost 3 years (3 years in May, right?). I didn't even realize it was my "home" game till I read this. I guess it is, though I dabble in other things here and there.


Sign In or Register to comment.