Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 Beta Review - Gigantic Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 23,647 Epic

imageWindows 10 Beta Review - Gigantic Review - MMORPG.com

I feel weird reviewing a beta but I suppose it’s a symptom of the times we game in. If you like free things, Kung Fu Panda and PVP you might like Gigantic; a MOBA that is in open beta for Xbox and PC. (Pours libations for Oogway) I’m not a MOBA player but I am a diehard PVPer. Gigantic was able to scratch my PVP itch and it did it with style.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Member Posts: 1,016 Uncommon
    It is fun, but the lack of maps and the prolonged games is an issue. The queue isn't so much an issue. I mean, it is far better than say Battleborn (most regretted purchase of 2016!).

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember Posts: 1,326 Rare
    For me the real issue is the shadow of their last choice: The windows 10 exclusivity. 

The lack of information regards the Arc client launch window makes me thing they'll go back to it.

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Curse ID: nightnoia  -  Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember Posts: 8,527 Epic
    If its a UWP game then its likely not worth bothering with.
    Limiting it to Win10 is a bit odd though, particularly as 50%+ PC's are still using Win7, over 60% if you include Win8, with another 10% using either Mac or Linux based PC's i am not even sure that Win10 has gained even 20% of the market yet, maybe it will do well on the Xbox, but will probably tank heavily on the PC. :o
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember Posts: 1,326 Rare
    Phry said:
    If its a UWP game then its likely not worth bothering with.
    Limiting it to Win10 is a bit odd though, particularly as 50%+ PC's are still using Win7, over 60% if you include Win8, with another 10% using either Mac or Linux based PC's i am not even sure that Win10 has gained even 20% of the market yet, maybe it will do well on the Xbox, but will probably tank heavily on the PC. :o
    They claim to not be W10 exclusive... The exclusivity set them on a development hell for like 2 years.

But since the last Arc CBT they went silent about it... So... yeah.

The game itself is amazing, though.

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Curse ID: nightnoia  -  Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember Posts: 15,462 Legendary
    still feels off in pacing. This sounded so amazing on paper but every time I played it it was just so average
  • SpellshaperSpellshaper PragueMember Posts: 411 Uncommon
    Win 10 version is far better than Arc version. Just because you can cross play with XBox and console players are a bit more loyal than PC junk. So Arc will be dead on arrival, while on Windows 10, XBox players give us some hope.

• dswag22dswag22 Member Posts: 19 Common
    I think the win 10 version is faaaar better and less laggy