Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any suggestions?

SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a new MMO to possibly call home. After researching what's out there, I'm a little lost on what to try. 

What I'm looking for specifically is a polished game that focuses more on open world than instances, dungeons and raids. I don't mind a game that features those things but I don't want it to be the only thing that matters. Sort of somewhere in the middle between sandbox and theme park. I like games that still feel like role playing games instead of glorified esports matches. 

Games I've played recently and liked some elements of:

FFXIV great graphics and colorful world but way homogenized and over-instanced.

WoW: Really well optimized and fun to play. I just feel the further I get the meaner and more 'git gud' the culture is going to be. I'm enjoying WoW now but I'm still in the leveling and questing phase so it feels very open and expansive. I also enjoy the faction rivalry aspect as it leads to more character depth.

Wildstar: fun and innovative but lack of players make a lot of the content difficult to group for. I also fear the difficulty may be a little too much at endgame for what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions for an MMO I might be missing out on trying? I know the pickings are slim but I still love the genre. 

Thanks!e

Comments

• SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
    To add, I love the traditional fantasy tropes - wizards, witches, damsels, knights, rogues and the whole lot.