Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not 1, but 2 new Star Wars games?

CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
So we've got the new Star Wars game from Visceral Games, which has Amy Hennig working on it, so it'll be awesome. Today I guess they announced Battlefront 2 is in the works and will contain a single-player campaign? Whaaaaaaat? Also, it's being worked on my Motive as well? Wonder if this means Amy Hennig will be participating in the writing for the BF2 single player.... yes please! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
----------------

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Meh, an IP long beaten to death in my book. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Realizing a lot of people out there like single players and they miss out on a big chunk of cash.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Battlefront 2 are old news.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I hope the visceral games one is good. It's also being published by EA. I wonder if they are just getting the most out of the IP while they can. I wonder how long it's been in development.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kyleran said:

Ummmmm, yeah, but if the Visceral game is like Uncharted: Star Wars, I'll take it! Only concern I have is that there isn't the talent to IMPLEMENT a great story.

That being said, I'll still buy both.  

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Battlefront is bleh.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    But not in a good way. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    The problem isn't the IP, but the lack of creativity or originality surrounding it.  It's the same old characters, story, etc., rehashed over and over.

Other than the KOTOR series, it's been the same garbage repeated for like 40 years now.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Lokero said:
    Kyleran said:
    The problem isn't the IP, but the lack of creativity or originality surrounding it.  It's the same old characters, story, etc., rehashed over and over.

Other than the KOTOR series, it's been the same garbage repeated for like 40 years now.
    I'll agree the universe SWs presents offers many possibilities, but so far it seems only a small handful of characters have any impact on it.

Just how many damn times do we have to blow up the Deathstar? ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon