Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reserve Your Glaive-Wielding Paragon Name Starting Today - TERA - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    They should retheme this game to a Scarlet Blade knockoff. At least then, the exclusively female classes will make sense and we can drop all pretense of having reasonable expectations.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited March 2017
    Leiloni said:

Aori said:

jonassm said:

Aori said:

People don't seem to understand the cost and time to create a new class for both genders. The majority of gamers aren't bothered by genderlocking, female characters are generally more popular. It is a no brainer.

Aori said:

People don't seem to understand the cost and time to create a new class for both genders. The majority of gamers aren't bothered by genderlocking, female characters are generally more popular. It is a no brainer.

Also, Tera has stop caring about attracting more diverse audience, they have been for a long time only working on their current playerbase who doesn't care much about gender lock aside from a few special snowflakes, most people here who always post the most obvious comments like "i would start playing again if it wasnt gender locked" or complaining about females having standard fantasy boobs are not their target, so i dont know why they keep complaining about this game, they should have realized by now(they never will because they are dumb and just like complaining) that the korean devs will never ever pander to them, and this is something that some people in the west still dont realize because nowadays they are used to everything trying to pander to everyone. Anyway i always love the salt in this comments.

So who is the target? I play the game; I don't particularly have an issue with gender locking. However, they should have considered the option. Honestly, I DON'T believe that female characters are generally more popular. It's not to say that female characters are not popular because girls do play games; it's not just the guys. Most guys that I know are much more comfortable playing their gender. In the end, you either accept the game for what it is, or you don't play it. Complaining is not going to change anything.

About Tera being "sexualized" it's actually not. Tera's artwork is where people are getting this; not from the game itself.

It's a Korean thing. Also Tera is very sexualized.. you crazy, I wouldn't play it if I looked frumpy.

That's your opinion only, but then again, I don't get off on toons ;)
    Nobody does. People just have different preferences for what they like looking at in their MMO's. No need to insult people because they disagree with you. You may find the ugly, depressing characters very immersive. Some of us care less about that immersion and find more fun in pretty games. 
    Never said that I found "ugly, depressing characters very immersive"; that's funny coming from someone that has a dog as an avatar LOL. The point is, I don't find Tera's characters to be sexualized because you could say this about any game. It doesn't have anything to do with me being crazy; maybe my standards to what I believe is scantily clad is different from yours, or maybe my choice in outfits in Tera is not the same as yours. I can provide pictures of my characters to prove it. 

You never provided a source that says that more people play female avatars; it's all subjective unless you have a definitive source, which you do not. Just because you hang around with guys that like to play female toons, doesn't mean that it is fact. The guys that I hang around with like playing their own gender. Maybe it has to do with your choice in friends? I also have friends that are girls that like playing male toons. So where exactly are you going with this? Opinions are not facts. 
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Leiloni said:

Aori said:

jonassm said:

Aori said:

Aori said:

Also, Tera has stop caring about attracting more diverse audience, they have been for a long time only working on their current playerbase who doesn't care much about gender lock aside from a few special snowflakes, most people here who always post the most obvious comments like "i would start playing again if it wasnt gender locked" or complaining about females having standard fantasy boobs are not their target, so i dont know why they keep complaining about this game, they should have realized by now(they never will because they are dumb and just like complaining) that the korean devs will never ever pander to them, and this is something that some people in the west still dont realize because nowadays they are used to everything trying to pander to everyone. Anyway i always love the salt in this comments.

So who is the target? I play the game; I don't particularly have an issue with gender locking. However, they should have considered the option. Honestly, I DON'T believe that female characters are generally more popular. It's not to say that female characters are not popular because girls do play games; it's not just the guys. Most guys that I know are much more comfortable playing their gender. In the end, you either accept the game for what it is, or you don't play it. Complaining is not going to change anything.

About Tera being "sexualized" it's actually not. Tera's artwork is where people are getting this; not from the game itself.

It's a Korean thing. Also Tera is very sexualized.. you crazy, I wouldn't play it if I looked frumpy.

That's your opinion only, but then again, I don't get off on toons ;)
    Nobody does. People just have different preferences for what they like looking at in their MMO's. No need to insult people because they disagree with you. You may find the ugly, depressing characters very immersive. Some of us care less about that immersion and find more fun in pretty games. 
    Never said that I found "ugly, depressing characters very immersive"; that's funny coming from someone that has a dog as an avatar LOL. The point is, I don't find Tera's characters to be sexualized because you could say this about any game. It doesn't have anything to do with me being crazy; maybe my standards to what I believe is scantily clad is different from yours, or maybe my choice in outfits in Tera is not the same as yours. I can provide pictures of my characters to prove it. 

You never provided a source that says that more people play female avatars; it's all subjective unless you have a definitive source, which you do not. Just because you hang around with guys that like to play female toons, doesn't mean that it is fact. The guys that I hang around with like playing their own gender. Maybe it has to do with your choice in friends? I also have friends that are girls that like playing male toons. So where exactly are you going with this? Opinions are not facts. 
    What does my avatar have to do with anything? I like Shelties, so I have a Sheltie avatar. There's nothing more to it than that. It has nothing to do with games.