Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall - A Multiverse of Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall - A Multiverse of Crowfall - MMORPG.com

This week our own Tim Eisenzimmer stares into the Crowfall multiverse by looking at Eternal Kingdoms and Faction PVP Campaigns.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    In my dreams Crowfall is a living, breathing world ( *cough ) and we are it's creators - it's the world of worlds that we build and destroy to build it again. We feel it as a whole, big, endless space as we move from kingdoms to battles to kingdoms, flying through the universe made of million places.

In my nightmares, it's just a bunch of disconnected, non-persistent small servers, so to say a MMOBA matches. So, which one will it be?
     W...aaagh?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    In my dreams Crowfall is a living, breathing world ( *cough ) and we are it's creators - it's the world of worlds that we build and destroy to build it again. We feel it as a whole, big, endless space as we move from kingdoms to battles to kingdoms, flying through the universe made of million places.

In my nightmares, it's just a bunch of disconnected, non-persistent small servers, so to say a MMOBA matches. So, which one will it be?
    so you figured this out when exactly?

its been known from the start by people with more then 2 digits IQ that this game wont be truly open world
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

its been known from the start by people with more then 2 digits IQ that this game wont be truly open world

Define open world.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

LOL. Why would you say such a thing to James Goblin? He even had a shirt made up by the Crowfall team I think.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112

Don't talk like that to James Goblin. You'll get some normally even-keeled people breaking TOS and making suggestions about tracking people down and real world violence. The guy is an institution.
  • Armegeddon1972Armegeddon1972 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited March 2017
    I thought James Goblin was spot on. The game world has to become much larger, the groups need to progress past 5 man teams and of course there needs to be optimization to a level that would support thousands per campaign world and hundreds in a "microzone" for city siege purposes. That is the "Ideal"

If in a rush to send it to market it degenerates to a bunch of shards with "smallish" map sets and 30-45 day campaign windows due to latency/optimization ... well let's just say a survival/MOBA is not what most signed up for.

At any argument, It is a "sandbox". That can't really be argued. No instances, no queued battlegrounds etc. Let's just hope it's a very large sandbox. All in all, I'm generally happy so far. I just wish they would keep the servers up all week!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    The game is in pre alpha, gimme a break. Scale will be increased massively, that has been their goal all along. This is no tiny MOBA game or WoW battleground in a semi random world, this is supposed to be large scale warfare, not 5v5 or 10v10.

Resorting to cheap insults like low IQ also contribute nothing, except making you look like an arse, in which it succeeded perfectly.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

100% will NOT be a living world,no game has yet to accomplish that.

MMOBA well i guess depends how you look at it.Moba's have absolutely NO map design for pvp,just lanes.Open world "could" be designed for ppv but this game will NOT have that either.So although definitely we know it is not a moba but it will act like one without the lanes and w/o the minions.However it will share more like a ARPG +moba,see player start spamming.

Done properly it would have a lot of mobs in game to interfere with combat and keep players honest.
    As far as mapping goes,well i am not going to explain how a pvp map should be designed,i just know these guys don't have the skills based on what i have seen looks like amateur mapping.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Having played extensively in the pre-alpha what I CAN say is they have a rock solid foundation for what they seek to accomplish. 
    There is however still a lot of time/testing to go.  They are quite wisely introducing chunks of the features/gameplay at a time rather than throwing it all out there and seeing what sticks as some companies are known to do.
    They've show extreme competence so far, let's see if they can move from that to brilliance.