Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive Player Battles to Arrive with Update 5.3 on March 8 - Aion - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMassive Player Battles to Arrive with Update 5.3 on March 8 - Aion - MMORPG.com

Aion News - Aion will be updated on March 8th with a patch that will bring massive 384-player battles into the game. Dredgion Defense will pit Daevas against each other and charge them with multiple goals to defend their cities. Successful defense and completion of goals earns points towards victory.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672
    Anyone still playing this? If so, are there many players around? Haven't touched it for a while, interested to see how it's going on.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Popular somewhere I'm sure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well I remember in the early days there was no "Fast Track" server. One bonus for me was that till you got to high level, you could go there and avoid the world PvP, other than that it sped up your leveling.
  • StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201
    edited March 2017
    I can't imagine Aion even HAS 384 players left in the game...

This game lost me the month after launch, when level capped jerks were running around killing low level characters with impunity.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Stormbow said:

This game lost me the month after launch, when level capped jerks were running around killing low level characters with impunity.

Actually, Aion had an excellent method for griefing. If you PK'd low levels, you got skull-flagged, and anyone could see your location, which was a huge disadvantage.

Sounds like you're just not a PvP player, which is fine, but don't act like Aion was bad because of it. In fact, Aion at release was probably the only time it was awesome.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    wormed said:

Stormbow said:

Actually, Aion had an excellent method for griefing. If you PK'd low levels, you got skull-flagged, and anyone could see your location, which was a huge disadvantage.

Sounds like you're just not a PvP player, which is fine, but don't act like Aion was bad because of it. In fact, Aion at release was probably the only time it was awesome.
    I have such fond memories of the first 2 years of Aion. Sigh, I miss those days. :)
  • doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I started playing AION when it first came out and it's completely changed over time. The recent server merge brought more players together and breathed new life into the game. My negative is that they really need more end-game zones and have some where we can take a break from PVP and not be forced into it while trying to quest.
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    "... will bring massive 384-player battles into the game."

Any good video of such battles?