Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Has Kicked Off for Founder Pack Owners - Revelation Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarly Access Has Kicked Off for Founder Pack Owners - Revelation Online - MMORPG.com

Revelation Online News - Yesterday marked a seminal day for My.com and Revelation Online with the start of Early Access for Founder Pack owners. These players are getting a week's head start prior to the commencement of the open beta currently scheduled for March 6th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    7 Day headstart what a joke. Glad path of exile new season starts on the 3rd.

Archeage EU - Nui

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I don't think a 7 day headstart is a big deal in a themepark with hard progression limits. But level 69 seems a bit high for a newly launched game?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i give this game 6 mounths then goes f2p then shutt down after 6 months for f2p
  • NagacrewNagacrew Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Let's just be honest here, 9/10 MMOs that release from here on out will either start out with or will eventually implement a cash shop similar to that of Revelation. It's just part of the genre now. With that being said, Revelation is still fun as hell and it is POSSIBLE to get the very best gear in the game without spending a dime. its worth a try folks!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It IS F2P.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited February 2017
    I was initially interested and then lost interest in this one...the cash shop is a bit on the ridiculous side - whales will be months ahead of normal players in gear progression and it probably will not stop there. Oh well. At least My.com didn't hide it until live launch like Archeage/Rift(F2P)/BnS did a few months after launch to start ruining their games. I'm actually hoping for an Aion 2.0 eventually that has a good PK penalty system like BDO so it is not a !#$%show like Aion 1.0 was... I miss wings :(
  • AzukaeAzukae Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Just a friendly reminder, My.com ban def. people from posting Virustotal scan of Revelation files ;)
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    an early access to an open beta ... interesting concept.
    wtf happens at launch ?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    ananit said:
    an early access to an open beta ... interesting concept.
    wtf happens at launch ?
    Open beta essentially is launch for the game.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672
    Absolutely. Open beta can last for months, even over a year in some of these games.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

It IS F2P.
    REALLY F2P or with limited content?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Muke said:

It IS F2P.
    REALLY F2P or with limited content?
    That rabbit-hole is very deep... :lol:
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    More jrpg garbage.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    More jrpg garbage.
    Way to generalize! In this specific case you are right though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    More jrpg garbage.
    It's a Chinese MMO actually. At least get your insults right.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    Its garbage with nice graphics.
    Dont bother.

• M4zakM4zak Member UncommonPosts: 9

It IS F2P.

It's p2w .My.com/Allods Team is behind this game so it never be f2p like any of their games.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Very typical theme park MMO with dated graphics and an abusive cash shop. It won't even last as long as Blade and Soul did. 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

It IS F2P.
    Wow, it's been 6 months already? Time flies by!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • maz2usmaz2us Member UncommonPosts: 21

It IS F2P.

That was quick :)
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I've actually been playing the last couple of days.

I walked into this completely blind, not knowing anything about the game. It's actually got quite a bit of content already. I've done Open world PvP, kill anyone anywhere anytime if you flag up (BDO style). 10v10 and 20v20 BG's. Arena which normalizes all gear (Like GW2). I've also done 5 man dungeons and am told there are 10 and 20 man raids at higher levels.

The main story is actually pretty good too. Although I have run into some screens that are still in Chinese......hope they aren't telling me anything super important lol.

Is it groundbreaking....no. But it took the best aspects from every other MMO and combined them into their game.......guess what game did this last time, WoW.

Took EQ PvE, Ultima Gearing, and DAoC PvP and combined them with a Warcraft mask....it worked out well.....

As far as the cash shop goes. I haven't seen anything pay 2 win. "You can buy upgrade materials"....or you can do 1 dungeon and get them WITH xp.

Also, it works like GW2 where you can convert in game money to cash money. I've currently converted enough in game money to have $40 worth of cash money, and I've only been playing 5 days.....so if you really think the cash shop is p2w, then play a couple days casually and turn your coins into cash credit lol.

So far I think it's a pretty good game. Hopefully with the Open Beta patch they finish off the translations....oh...and take care of gold spammers.....that's a problem at every MMO launch tho :P.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Cat mount is worth $90 alone , it's a big white furry cat you can ride around on. it might even lick its nutz too.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Cat mount is worth $90 alone , it's a big white furry cat you can ride around on. it might even lick its nutz too.
    Really? I thought it was a black cat. Now I've lost interest :-)