Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice advertising Switch or PS4 :O

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited February 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Its like saying dont buy the Switch just buy the playstation with 2 games (horizon sawn and Uncharted 4), 3 month ps plus etc

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Not a brochure but an add. And yeah, kinda odd that MediaMarkt sells the PS4 Slim very cheap, including 2 awesome games while the Nintendo Switch comes with nothing at all for €5 more.

...side note...
    I expect that Horizon Zero Dawn will be one of those games that'll run pretty crappy on the PS4 Slim, much like The Last Guardian has issues when playing on a Slim.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Reizla said:
    Not a brochure but an add. And yeah, kinda odd that MediaMarkt sells the PS4 Slim very cheap, including 2 awesome games while the Nintendo Switch comes with nothing at all for €5 more.

...side note...
    I expect that Horizon Zero Dawn will be one of those games that'll run pretty crappy on the PS4 Slim, much like The Last Guardian has issues when playing on a Slim.
    Yeh, and at bart smit, gamemania etc the Switch cost €329,99 :open_mouth:

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The Switch is in no way comparable to a PS4 as a console gaming device, the PS4 is far better, the Switch doesn't even compare favourably to the XB1 after all, it really would be best to compare the Switch to other handheld gaming devices. :o
    Phry said:
    The Switch is in no way comparable to a PS4 as a console gaming device, the PS4 is far better, the Switch doesn't even compare favourably to the XB1 after all, it really would be best to compare the Switch to other handheld gaming devices. :o
    Well, thats my point.. Cheaper, more games, better.. :) 

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Yeah its completely overpriced compared to the other consoles, not much of a portable device either since the battery time is so short. It has Zelda though.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Reizla said:

...side note...
    The side by side comparisons vids i've seen of it on slim and Pro show it pretty much locked to 30fps on both thankfully.
    YashaX said:
    Yeah its completely overpriced compared to the other consoles, not much of a portable device either since the battery time is so short. It has Zelda though.
    Zelda is the reason I will buy it, my wife like it and the kids will like nintendo games. I was also 'lucky' to buy the switch for €309,- at this shop. But I guess they wanna make up for the losses.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    the ps4 was 400.00 when it launched. xbone was 500.00. neither came with any games. there wasnt squat to choose from as far as line up goes. you have to remember that the switch is a new system. so of course it will be more than systems that have been out a few years and not have as many games as those systems do at launch. 
    dont get me wrong, i have the other two and spec wise they are much better systems. i do have the switch preordered for zelda. i also have a wiiu but will never touch that piece of junk again. 
    point is, you cant compare systems a couple years apart. unless your nintendo and cant manage to catch up because you dont want to compete with others.
    YashaX said:
    i dont think its overpriced. i actually wish it was more because then the specs would be at least up to what the other two have. im not buying it for portability. i want to play it at home. i dont quite get people wanting to play "on the go" but if i did, i would really like that feature. couple hours for battery life isnt bad. there will be chargers after all
    Moxom914 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    the ps4 was 400.00 when it launched. xbone was 500.00. neither came with any games. there wasnt squat to choose from as far as line up goes. you have to remember that the switch is a new system. so of course it will be more than systems that have been out a few years and not have as many games as those systems do at launch. 
    dont get me wrong, i have the other two and spec wise they are much better systems. i do have the switch preordered for zelda. i also have a wiiu but will never touch that piece of junk again. 
    point is, you cant compare systems a couple years apart. unless your nintendo and cant manage to catch up because you dont want to compete with others.
    Yeh, its not that I wanna compare it to a ps4/xbox but when you see this ad and you wanna buy something for your teenage kids, or when you were doubting between ps4 and switch.. What would one pick :O 

And imo the Switch is a Nvidia shield which can be docked.  And pricewise for a 'new' console its a doable price, only I have no idea why they made it 344 while other stores sell it for 329,99

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited February 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    Yeh, its not that I wanna compare it to a ps4/xbox but when you see this ad and you wanna buy something for your teenage kids, or when you were doubting between ps4 and switch.. What would one pick :O 

And imo the Switch is a Nvidia shield which can be docked.  And pricewise for a 'new' console its a doable price, only I have no idea why they made it 344 while other stores sell it for 329,99

That's just it. I don't think this is bought by someone debating which system they should buy. This is targeted at people waiting for the next Nintendo console. I'd say that the switch is very much a secondary console to the PS4 and XBONE. I just don't see that many people buying it as a primary console, that is I don't see many people owning it who don't already own a PS4 or XBONE. So that's the only reason they get away with the pricing, because they're coming into the next gen console race a couple years late with an entry-level price point. Was it anyone but Nintendo, this would basically be you circling the drain.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I am bummed that they yet again did not package the pro controller with the console. 
    DMKano said:
    Moxom914 said: 
    i do have the switch preordered for zelda. i also have a wiiu but will never touch that piece of junk again. 

I bet you when you bought WiiU you didnt know that you would be calling it a piece of junk.

How do you know Switch wont suffer the same fate?
    i bought the wiiu knowing full well it was shit. my son loves it. i was one of those asshats that fell for the original wii hype and loved it for a day and a half. the last good nintendo system was the super imo. 
    i have a little for faith in the switch since there will actually be 3rd party games this go round. now when i say a little, i mean very little. zelda looks fun and im hoping for a few rpg's like we have for the 3ds. 
    SlyLoK said:
    I am bummed that they yet again did not package the pro controller with the console. 
    same. but at least we dont HAVE to use that damn huge controller like the WiiU. that was a big ass mistake. 

ive always wondered if anyone ever broke theirs. what would they do? ive never seen em available for sale. i have the zelda edition WiiU. how would i replace that controller if something happened?

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Moxom914 said:
    YashaX said:
    i dont think its overpriced. i actually wish it was more because then the specs would be at least up to what the other two have. im not buying it for portability. i want to play it at home. i dont quite get people wanting to play "on the go" but if i did, i would really like that feature. couple hours for battery life isnt bad. there will be chargers after all
    Considering what you said above: what's the main reason that you are going to buy it? For example is there a particular game you want, or you just like buying new consoles, etc?
    YashaX said:
    Moxom914 said:
    YashaX said:
    Considering what you said above: what's the main reason that you are going to buy it? For example is there a particular game you want, or you just like buying new consoles, etc?
    both. im looking forward to zelda and i always buy new consoles. i will admit the mario game looks fun. and a new breath of fire will be nice too
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited February 2017
    So you are saying they don't want to sell the Nintendo's?  Just let them sit on the shelf and collect dust?  I'm fairly certain they want to sell both.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    So you are saying they don't want to sell the Nintendo's?  Just let them sit on the shelf and collect dust?  I'm fairly certain they want to sell both.
    as someone stated above, i think people who buy the switch already have one or both the ps4 and xbone. nintendo imo, is happy being a third wheel. if they were serious about actually wanting people to play their system over others, they would have made it better. even though they say they want more gamers and not just kids, the game lineup will tell the truth.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    the big ass controller was why I had zero interest in the WiiU
    edited February 2017
    Moxom914 said:
    filmoret said:
    as someone stated above, i think people who buy the switch already have one or both the ps4 and xbone. nintendo imo, is happy being a third wheel. if they were serious about actually wanting people to play their system over others, they would have made it better. even though they say they want more gamers and not just kids, the game lineup will tell the truth.
    You take an advertisement from a local store's flier and turn it into some sort of conspiracy from Nintendo to mess up their sales.  Yea this makes complete sense.
    You do realize that Nintendo and Sony have nothing to do with how this ad was presented.
    filmoret said:
    You do realize that Nintendo and Sony have nothing to do with how this ad was presented.
    i never said they did. was actually responding to someones comment on how the ps4 is cheaper and has more games. i could give 2 shits about the flier. 
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Play what is fun for you.  

Nintendo has more enjoyable exclusives IMO.  It matters little if the graphics aren't as good.

PS4 is like a weak computer that has little customization and only a few good exclusives.  Its main attraction is convenience.

Pick whatever suits you.
    Flyte27 said:

Nintendo has more enjoyable exclusives IMO.  It matters little if the graphics aren't as good.

PS4 is like a weak computer that has little customization and only a few good exclusives.  Its main attraction is convenience.

Pick whatever suits you.
    i agree on playing what is fun. zelda and mario look good and thats why im giving the switch a shot. i do have to disagree on nintendo having better exclusives. aside from mario and zelda, they dont have much else. even those two havent released anything in ages. nintendo doesnt even have blockbuster games like madden, call of duty, destiny and so on. 
    nintendo also should have had the switch play movies and have streaming services like netflix. buuuuut they wanted to go back to cartridge so we will see soon enough if thats a decision that ultimately leads nintendo to yet another system failure.
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Moxom914 said:
    Flyte27 said:

Pick whatever suits you.
    i agree on playing what is fun. zelda and mario look good and thats why im giving the switch a shot. i do have to disagree on nintendo having better exclusives. aside from mario and zelda, they dont have much else. even those two havent released anything in ages. nintendo doesnt even have blockbuster games like madden, call of duty, destiny and so on. 
    nintendo also should have had the switch play movies and have streaming services like netflix. buuuuut they wanted to go back to cartridge so we will see soon enough if thats a decision that ultimately leads nintendo to yet another system failure.
    There seemed to be games that only appear on Nintendo systems even if they aren't made by Nintendo.  Metroid is one game made by Nintendo that is fairly popular outside of Zelda and Mario.  Pokemon and Animal Crossing seem to be big with a lot of people.  There is a game called Bravely Default (JRPG on 3DS) that seems to be popular.  Dragon Quest 7 remake is an exclusive on 3DS at the moment.  It may come to Android at some time in the future like the other Dragon Quest games.  I had a 3DS for a while and it seemed like there were a lot of Japanese games that I had not seen on other systems like PS4.