Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valkyrie Blade VR Coming From Bluehole in First Half 2017 - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageValkyrie Blade VR Coming From Bluehole in First Half 2017 - MMORPG.com News

Bluehole Studios and Kim Ji-Hon are hard at work on a new virtual reality title called Valkyrie Blade. The game is an first person fantasy RPG that is being natively developed for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and is further anticipated to be headed to Steam sometime in the first six months of 2017.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• M.D.33M.D.33 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Nice to see more content for my Oculus Rift, I hope its good.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    The viewpoint of that trailer was a bit too much for me. It felt a bit dizzy. Normally I'm not a fan of first person but I can at least play it fine in FPS games. But maybe it was the fast pace of the video.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

DMKano said:

Leiloni said:

The viewpoint of that trailer was a bit too much for me. It felt a bit dizzy. Normally I'm not a fan of first person but I can at least play it fine in FPS games. But maybe it was the fast pace of the video.

Its not you - that was nausea inducing.

VR sales being a dud and way lower than any projections, its still a bit shocking that any studio would invest into a VR game, theyre probably too far into the dev cycle to dump this which is why they are going steam early release.

But still... heh

So you didn't like it, then?

I suppose it isn't worth pointing out that video doesn't really convey the "experience" of playing a VR game; just because a trailer is nausea-inducing, that doesn't mean the game itself will be. Taking POV control away from the player is a big no-no in VR games. It's more about being in a place than 'look here, look there, shaky-cam, woo-hoo!' which seemed to be the general zeitgeist of this trailer.

It does bring up an interesting point, though. It seems no one really knows how to market VR games via trailers. It's like the Atari days, I guess: since it's not really a widespread phenomenon yet there aren't the same cues for people to get. A few of the best trailers I've seen focus mainly on players' reactions.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance