Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who cares

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yeah, Nvidia knows their time with no competition at the high end is coming to a close.  I expect most of their cards to see a price drop closer to the Vega announcement.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Ozmodan said:
    Yeah, Nvidia knows their time with no competition at the high end is coming to a close.  I expect most of their cards to see a price drop closer to the Vega announcement.
    Actually its very clear that AMD is very short time left on the market. Even with Intel sitting on their hands doing nothing.  AMD failed to take a market share.   Nvidia has shown us very clearly that AMD will not be giving us anything worth considering.  If you are lucky you will see 2 more solid quarters from AMD.  After that the stock is going to hit bottom and we will never hear from them again.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited March 2017
    filmoret said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Actually its very clear that AMD is very short time left on the market. Even with Intel sitting on their hands doing nothing.  AMD failed to take a market share.   Nvidia has shown us very clearly that AMD will not be giving us anything worth considering.  If you are lucky you will see 2 more solid quarters from AMD.  After that the stock is going to hit bottom and we will never hear from them again.
    You complain about people picking on you and you come out with such an absurd comment.  A market guru you are not.  I don't even bother with the market myself, I let those that make a lot of money in it to do that for me and when I told a good friend about your comment he had a good laugh.
    Ozmodan said:
    filmoret said:
    Ozmodan said:
    You complain about people picking on you and you come out with such an absurd comment.  A market guru you are not.  I don't even bother with the market myself, I let those that make a lot of money in it to do that for me and when I told a good friend about your comment he had a good laugh.
    In my defense when that statement was made the 1700x and the 1700 were both showing really low and sad benchmarks.  Now that they have gotten over the initial readings and we have more accurate numbers it is clear that they are both very very competent CPU's.  Which makes all the difference.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Let's see...

Failed to take a market share - even though the chip only has about a week on the market, it's supposed to register a significant portion of a multi-billion unit installed market share base.

was made when the 1700x and 1700 - again, less than a week after release, pouncing on preliminary data before anyone had a chance to see what was what. We haven't even seen the 6 or 4 core chips yet, let alone given just a bit of time for all the data to shake out.

Very clear that AMD is very short time left - in another thread which devolved into stock prices you stated that all your doom and gloom posts contained the qualifier "If they don't start making money" - yet here there is no such qualifier.

nVidia has shown us that AMD will not be - even though this is a Ryzen roll out, not Vega, so what does nVidia have to do with this at all

After that the stock will hit bottom -another stock price quote without your "If they don't start making money" qualifier.
    Ridelynn said:
    Let's see...

Failed to take a market share - even though the chip only has about a week on the market, it's supposed to register a significant portion of a multi-billion unit installed market share base.

was made when the 1700x and 1700 - again, less than a week after release, pouncing on preliminary data before anyone had a chance to see what was what. We haven't even seen the 6 or 4 core chips yet, let alone given just a bit of time for all the data to shake out.

Very clear that AMD is very short time left - in another thread which devolved into stock prices you stated that all your doom and gloom posts contained the qualifier "If they don't start making money" - yet here there is no such qualifier.

nVidia has shown us that AMD will not be - even though this is a Ryzen roll out, not Vega, so what does nVidia have to do with this at all

After that the stock will hit bottom -another stock price quote without your "If they don't start making money" qualifier.
    a lot of people pounced on the initial numbers.  Hence the current stock price.  People  were selling it like crazy and it still hasn't recovered.  Not easy now its uphill for them because launch wasnt too good.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Do you have initial sales figures to prove that the launch "wasnt too good", or are you just going off your own personal echo chamber and "expert stock opinion" that the launch hasn't went well for AMD?

I see a helluva lot more positive than negative regarding Ryzen, and the news looks better, with recent press releases regarding Naples looking very competitive. Ryzen 7 pre-orders sold out across many retailers, stock is continuing to move off the shelves, Ryzen 5 and 3 are around the corner, Vega is around the corner, Naples is signaling a comeback to the server arena, and Intel and nVidia are reacting to AMD's product positioning.

Really it sounds like they are doing a lot of things right, for a change. I'd say the Ryzen launch has gone almost as well as it could have gone. The only way it could be better for AMD really is if Ryzen prevented gingivitis, ended world hunger, and walked on the moon - and it may do all three of those things yet.