Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Edition of Around the Verse Gives LA Studio Update - Star Citizen - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited February 2017
    Gdemami said:
    That is a fact - he clearly stated they do not have money for SC. Period. He said nothing like "IF the funding stopped today" .

You are just injecting your arbitrary conditions.

Full quote:
    “First of all, we always have a decent amount of money in reserve, so if all support would collapse, we would not suddenly be incapacitated. We plan the scope of the development based on what arrives monthly by the people to support. I’m not worried, because even if no money came in, we would have sufficient funds to complete Squadron 42. The revenue from this could in-turn be used for the completion of Star Citizen.”

There's a "if no money came in", the IF is there. The hypothetical situation IF the funding did stop, the current reality of funding is not that, hence that is not the reality.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Full quote:
    “First of all, we always have a decent amount of money in reserve, so if all support would collapse, we would not suddenly be incapacitated. We plan the scope of the development based on what arrives monthly by the people to support. I’m not worried, because even if no money came in, we would have sufficient funds to complete Squadron 42. The revenue from this could in-turn be used for the completion of Star Citizen.”

There's a "if no money came in", the IF is there.
    That's what I said - they do not have money to finish SC. Period.

You are twisting "if no money came in we could finish SQ42" into "if money comes in, we can finish SC".

That is nothing he said.

Gdemami said:
    And the constant funding continues to ensure they have money to finish SC. Period.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

raazman said:

sgel said:

raazman said:

Aww look at all these salty people.

At least they bring some flavour to the table instead of a cliche quote.

Uhhh the hate for SC is the same old bs since forever. The hate is flavor and not cliche? Baha, delusional.

Salt? Flavour?
    Did you really not make the connection?

..Cake..

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    And the constant funding continues to ensure they have money to finish SC. Period.
    ...and if constant funding continues, they will start building real space ships.

Moot discussion...
    edited February 2017
    Gdemami said:
    ...and if constant funding continues, they will start building real space ships.

Moot discussion...
    Or crazy idea, they'll continue to develop the game. \o/

Or you're right and CR must be building a space ship to escape Earth with all our money :open_mouth: Then we can launch Smart on a rocket to pursue him, oh that'll be cute
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    why it got reported here in this website ?? that not a website about game and real game ??

scam games who will never releases are not real game
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited February 2017
    Wouldn't it make sense just to link the article?

sgel said:

gervaise1 said:

xpsync said:

Talonsin said:

The amount of "un-sponsored" articles/threads this game gets is amazing. 
    What game? lol

Whilst it is true that there is no game today suggesting that there won't be a game is akin to the proverbial King Canute trying to hold back the tide.

It is going to happen. Whether it will be a "good" game remains to be seen.

Those with no interest should really move on. Although I have said for a while that the buzz generated by detractors has generated a huge amount of publicity. So maybe it would be good if the naysayers could stick around a little longer? 

When people say "What game?" I always take it as a poke to the current state of the game.
    5-6 years later and we still have something like a couple of hours worth of content (at a stretch).

Of course some form of the game is going to eventually happen.. it's just taking a really long time and noone can accurately tell what kind of gameplay we're going to have.
    Lots of potential though.
    Because they had more to do than just make the game. While i'll agree with content, but what would be the point adding  loads of content on top of an unstable system?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    MaxBacon said:
    Gdemami said:
    You have to remember that SQ42 has always been projected first out of the gate since the beginning. They got smart and decided to charge newer folks separately for it just because of the dried up teet scenario, hence ensuring (hopefully) future funds for SC itself.

Now THAT hinges on whether 42 is good or not. If it's sub-par then their might be a problem. If it sells like hotcakes then SC should be in good shape. 

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Gdemami said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    I thought this was the other way around, wasn't it? If the funding stopped today they could finish SC with the SQ42 budget? Maybe I'm wrong. I know what you're talking about though, it was in an article on the Interwebs. 

I just remember being like "Noooooooo!!!!!" because SQ42 is the main reason I'm waiting for this. Maybe I mis-read it at the time, though. It's been known to happen. 
    Yeah, you are wrong. He said they have money for SQ42, not for SC.

SC is currently out of their reach.

Ok, phew! Yay!!!! Soooooooo SQ42 is a lock then! It's 100% going to be finished :awesome:

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited February 2017
    bartoni33 said:
    You have to remember that SQ42 has always been projected first out of the gate since the beginning. They got smart and decided to charge newer folks separately for it just because of the dried up teet scenario, hence ensuring (hopefully) future funds for SC itself.

Now THAT hinges on whether 42 is good or not. If it's sub-par then their might be a problem. If it sells like hotcakes then SC should be in good shape. 
    Yeah I know that, even though the colossal funding generation for the entire project comes from selling stuff on SC not SQ42. For me SQ42 is not the shining point even though it has good stands with the cast and such to captivate interest, If it was me I would release PC and announce consoles to ensure a good chunk of money, is the type of game that just works on it.

If anything even a publisher behind a console port for it, for marketing budget stuffies, it's like the similar COD: IW, weak on PC but very strong on consoles. If the issue is money then that's a no-brainer.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

Yeah I know that, even though the colossal funding generation for the entire project comes from selling stuff on SC not SQ42. For me SQ42 is not the shining point even though it has good stands with the cast and such to captivate interest, If it was me I would release PC and announce consoles to ensure a good chunk of money, is the type of game that just works on it.
    Yeah my quote was pointed more to @Gdemami than you but I get what you're saying.

Also consoles and 42... that will happen someday I'm sure. Maybe next generation though.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Simple question...

He pitched a game ,then made claims he needs more money to make it better than the original pitched idea.

Well where is the original idea because i refuse to believe that even the most staunch supporters would call what is there right now a GAME.
    I am not going to argue what is value but i do know that he has WAY over spent his original pitch and there is NOTHING that i would want to play and i doubt anyone else either.

I said it from day 1,he should produce what he originally claimed he could do and then let people decide if he is legit or capable.IMO he has proven incapable and big time.So how many more millions before we see something remotely worth playing?Original pitch was 6-10 million,well where is THAT game?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Wizardry said:
    Simple question...

He pitched a game ,then made claims he needs more money to make it better than the original pitched idea.

Well where is the original idea because i refuse to believe that even the most staunch supporters would call what is there right now a GAME.
    I am not going to argue what is value but i do know that he has WAY over spent his original pitch and there is NOTHING that i would want to play and i doubt anyone else either.

I said it from day 1,he should produce what he originally claimed he could do and then let people decide if he is legit or capable.IMO he has proven incapable and big time.So how many more millions before we see something remotely worth playing?Original pitch was 6-10 million,well where is THAT game?

It's in a Swiss Bank.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Wizardry said:
    Simple question...

They didn't ask for more money, they made more than anticipated. Then they asked should they continue the goals expanding the game and community said yes, some said no of course. Those who weren't interested got refunds, those who were, stayed on.

I swear this has been explained 100 times now? I'll just put it down to people still wanting the drama train to continue *shrug*
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    When will actual journalistic investigation articles about SC appear here? Its all marketing copy pasta.
    edited February 2017
    When will actual journalistic investigation articles about SC appear here? Its all marketing copy pasta.
    That train came and left ages ago. Still waiting for The Escapist to finish their "investigation"  that they started almost 2 years ago.

Point being, people will investigate when something actually needs investigating and trust me if there is any sort investigation actually occurs, it will be posted here in a heartbeat 
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Well lets take the obvious. They have received over $140 million and CR has admitted they cant afford to finish SC that was supposedly fully funded at 65 million.

Investigate, jounalists. Ffs.
    edited February 2017
    Investigate, jounalists. Ffs.
    Here you go, http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/inside-the-troubled-development-of-star-citizen

Do you need one investigation to make use of your intelligence? Well I can help you get there, you have one budget of 65M to develop your game on a firstly estimated timeframe of 2 Years, eventually, you get delays that push those 2 years into 4 years... Double your budget. On game development as with many others, time is money.

You don't need to call the FTC; FBI, NASA; whatever, to reach the conclusion of why is there a dependency of the constant funding stream presently, just seeing the obvious impact of delays on the operative cost of the company.

I find silly people who refuse to see this and have to go into conspiracies to justify their bias, this keeps bringing the same thing up to continuously beating the dead horse like it's something new. It's literally a broken record O.o
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Pink piggy you are fighting very well, defend your game at all cost.
    People are just having fun, it is funny for people that didn't put money into this to think that the game will never be a reality, they enjoy being right and laughing at the misfortune of others, if the game (somehow) becomes a success they will all join in and play.... Just let time do his thing.... New release date 2020?

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote