Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Pantheon FAQ up

13»

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Distopia said:
    As gamers though, we need to take a stand and say "You give us a good game and we will give you the money".......We've been burned more than a 10 time divorcee and yet many still keep blindly throwing money at these companies.
    If you're being burned that much you need to rethink your impulsive buys. With the regular access to betas, beta weekends, multitude of videos and lets plays, etc... There's no real excuse for getting burned. 
    not only that but many games have options to try the game free, like pantheon will. if people are so worried about getting "burned" then only play games that allow you to try it free first, problem solved.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited February 2017
    As gamers though, we need to take a stand and say "You give us a good game and we will give you the money".......We've been burned more than a 10 time divorcee and yet many still keep blindly throwing money at these companies.
    I think gamers need to stop making knee jerk reactions to every crowd funded game. Take time to watch them. Look at who is involved. Find out their business model and who is running their business. Like Pantheon I loved everything about it but... Brad having his hands in the money. When he stepped back from that and focused on what he does best. Game design. I was all in. They have a great team here and all the backing they need. 
  • ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Would you say that the world is being designed more for 1st or 3rd person view? Will there be claustrophobic dungeons that make 3rd person play difficult? Will every dungeon have high ceilings for a 3rd person camera?
    Hey, my question made the FAQ! Still hoping for more 1st person world design. 

As much as I'm excited for this game, I have to be honest and say that most of the locations we've seen so far have the high-vaulted ceilings I was afraid of.

I realize this is a work in progress, and I'm patient, but let's see some of those cramped tunnels and realistically sized houses!

I'm talking this:    
    vs. This:

And while I'm posting screenshots... When are we going to see more of this place??

Awesome :) 
  • ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Scumm said:
    Would you say that the world is being designed more for 1st or 3rd person view? Will there be claustrophobic dungeons that make 3rd person play difficult? Will every dungeon have high ceilings for a 3rd person camera?

As much as I'm excited for this game, I have to be honest and say that most of the locations we've seen so far have the high-vaulted ceilings I was afraid of.

I realize this is a work in progress, and I'm patient, but let's see some of those cramped tunnels and realistically sized houses!

I'm talking this:    
    vs. This:

And while I'm posting screenshots... When are we going to see more of this place??

Is that 3rd screenshot a zone in Pantheon? Really cool looking; reminds me of the zone Saryrn was in.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Scumm said:

I'm talking this:    
    vs. This:

I took the first two screenshots and they are two buildings close together in the same city, which is why they look like they have a similar style, not all buildings are like that, though.

The third screenshot is a very old one that was being worked on by someone who is no longer on the team (they left a long time ago on good terms) and although we will have cool areas like this, it isn't currently in game anymore.

I hope that helps :)
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    The first 2 look better than the third.  Nice style, but not as clean.
  • ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Thanks for the info Kilsin, didn't mean jump to conclusions here.

That last screenshot was pulled off Facebook from a LONG time ago and it's totally understandable if the team has moved on since then. Still, it had a great atmosphere!
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Scumm said:
    Thanks for the info Kilsin, didn't mean jump to conclusions here.

That last screenshot was pulled off Facebook from a LONG time ago and it's totally understandable if the team has moved on since then. Still, it had a great atmosphere!
    You're very welcome and I agree :)
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited February 2017
    Hopefully the racials don't work like Vanguard, that was really bad. When you give every race a cooldown ability it always ends up with a single race being the clear choice for it's corresponding class.

We have enough of that in mmo's already, where 80% of the WoW playbase are either Orc's or Human's purely because of racials. On p99 nearly every melee character that can be an Ogre, is an Ogre. Pantheon doesn't have to be 100% balanced but crap like this is just way too careless.
    edited February 2017
    Its a tough balance though.  You dont want one racial overpowered but otoh you still want racials that are interesting and useful

And even with a theoretically perfect balance of racials players will still think that one is superior either in general or for a specific class.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Well, that all sounds a lot like Vanguard. Surprise ! ;-)

I definitely love camping.

Not on my main, but in Vanguard I put alts in different spots and checked if certain bosses would be up.

I even started farming a boss for these coins so I would be able to afford a flying mount. Well, and then they introduced the cash shop ...

Soloing sounds exactly like in Vanguard. In Vanguard, certain classes like Necromancer or Disciple could solo certain lower to mid level quest chains if they would be a couple levels higher than the quest chain. That was also a fun thing to try. In really good gear, a Dread Knight was also very formidable. I even heard rumors a DK once soloed the easiest raid boss. Mind, the raid boss was for level 50, he really didnt involved too much strategy (but he also summoned help which apparently actually was a thankful target for DK's lifetaps), and the DK was 55 and I would imagine in pretty sweet gear. Still, amazing. DK was only good if the gear was good though. I can assure anyone from experience that DK in poor gear was a very poor solist. Paladin also benefited a lot from gear in their solo experience, but not this extremely, because healing barely improved with better gear, but lifetaps massively improved with better gear.

Builtin chat client is awesome.

REGION LOCK ??? Does that mean I'd be forced to play Pantheon in german ?!?!?!? YIKES ! That would be a major deal breaker. I really hate german guilds. They suck big time ! I want an international guild again.

I dont give a frak about voice acting. HUGE "meh" about that one. Really. No thanks, I'm good. Really !!!! In fact I would want an option to disable so I can still hear, you know, the builtin chat client.

That living codex stuff sounds good.

If you feel the need to give an exp penalty to a race, thats IMHO a clear sign of that race needing a nerf instead.

I really hated it when we got almost forced to "sexy" looks like a bare midrift in Vanguard. It was actually hard to find a mage robe without bare midrift. Thank god for appearance slots !

I want my characters to look stylish. For some classes (Bard!!!) that would certainly include the possibility for 'sexy' looks. I wouldnt want to be forced though. It should fit to my idea of the character I'm playing.

I love the idea of cosmetic gear. It sounds like a nice variant of appearance slots in Vanguard. Absolutely loved those. I hope cosmetic gear wont be just sold in NPC shops but there will be certain cosmetic gear you can only get from certain places. For example an all white or all rosa plate armor for a Paladin.

Mentoring is a huge thing, though I dont think it would work well the way they describe it. Then again, probably better than what Vanguard did.

ALLOW ELF PALADIN !!!  You can drop Elf Warrior for it. Seriously, why can everybody and their grandma be Warrior ? Well, except Gnomes. I think the current race/class map is improveable for more variance.

Okay, so we have group roles. The question: which class is which role ?
    Tank - Warrior, Paladin, very likely Dire Lord
    Healer - Cleric, Shaman, possibly Druid ?
    CC - Enchanter, obviously. Probably Bard when they get introduced. But ... otherwise ??!?!?

Crafting stuff sounds OK. I hope it wont be an as boring grind as in Vanguard but I'm not overly optimistic.

I hate fishing with a passion.

Housing later, OK. Just dont be like WoW in that regard. Moveable housing, thats only better.

Really love what they're saying about "endgame" and "raiding".

I see no point in fighting multiboxing too much. Vanguard already had an extremely involved system and I still saw multiboxers with four characters running around.

Besides, dualboxing is always beneficial. You can dualbox a crafter, after all. Got downtime ? Craft a bit more.

Can one soulbind stuff even if one isnt forced to ?

I dont think the team has much of a sound concept to their economics. Tickle down, yikes !

Its OK. Most game dont.

Flying mounts are a bit problematic in a game thats not seamless, are they not ? Also they always introduce issues with quest areas.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Well, that all sounds a lot like Vanguard. Surprise ! ;-)

I definitely love camping.

Not on my main, but in Vanguard I put alts in different spots and checked if certain bosses would be up.

I even started farming a boss for these coins so I would be able to afford a flying mount. Well, and then they introduced the cash shop ...

Soloing sounds exactly like in Vanguard. In Vanguard, certain classes like Necromancer or Disciple could solo certain lower to mid level quest chains if they would be a couple levels higher than the quest chain. That was also a fun thing to try. In really good gear, a Dread Knight was also very formidable. I even heard rumors a DK once soloed the easiest raid boss. Mind, the raid boss was for level 50, he really didnt involved too much strategy (but he also summoned help which apparently actually was a thankful target for DK's lifetaps), and the DK was 55 and I would imagine in pretty sweet gear. Still, amazing. DK was only good if the gear was good though. I can assure anyone from experience that DK in poor gear was a very poor solist. Paladin also benefited a lot from gear in their solo experience, but not this extremely, because healing barely improved with better gear, but lifetaps massively improved with better gear.

Builtin chat client is awesome.

REGION LOCK ??? Does that mean I'd be forced to play Pantheon in german ?!?!?!? YIKES ! That would be a major deal breaker. I really hate german guilds. They suck big time ! I want an international guild again.

I dont give a frak about voice acting. HUGE "meh" about that one. Really. No thanks, I'm good. Really !!!! In fact I would want an option to disable so I can still hear, you know, the builtin chat client.

That living codex stuff sounds good.

If you feel the need to give an exp penalty to a race, thats IMHO a clear sign of that race needing a nerf instead.

I really hated it when we got almost forced to "sexy" looks like a bare midrift in Vanguard. It was actually hard to find a mage robe without bare midrift. Thank god for appearance slots !

I want my characters to look stylish. For some classes (Bard!!!) that would certainly include the possibility for 'sexy' looks. I wouldnt want to be forced though. It should fit to my idea of the character I'm playing.

I love the idea of cosmetic gear. It sounds like a nice variant of appearance slots in Vanguard. Absolutely loved those. I hope cosmetic gear wont be just sold in NPC shops but there will be certain cosmetic gear you can only get from certain places. For example an all white or all rosa plate armor for a Paladin.

Mentoring is a huge thing, though I dont think it would work well the way they describe it. Then again, probably better than what Vanguard did.

ALLOW ELF PALADIN !!!  You can drop Elf Warrior for it. Seriously, why can everybody and their grandma be Warrior ? Well, except Gnomes. I think the current race/class map is improveable for more variance.

Okay, so we have group roles. The question: which class is which role ?
    Tank - Warrior, Paladin, very likely Dire Lord
    Healer - Cleric, Shaman, possibly Druid ?
    CC - Enchanter, obviously. Probably Bard when they get introduced. But ... otherwise ??!?!?

Crafting stuff sounds OK. I hope it wont be an as boring grind as in Vanguard but I'm not overly optimistic.

I hate fishing with a passion.

Housing later, OK. Just dont be like WoW in that regard. Moveable housing, thats only better.

Really love what they're saying about "endgame" and "raiding".

I see no point in fighting multiboxing too much. Vanguard already had an extremely involved system and I still saw multiboxers with four characters running around.

Besides, dualboxing is always beneficial. You can dualbox a crafter, after all. Got downtime ? Craft a bit more.

Can one soulbind stuff even if one isnt forced to ?

I dont think the team has much of a sound concept to their economics. Tickle down, yikes !

Its OK. Most game dont.

Flying mounts are a bit problematic in a game thats not seamless, are they not ? Also they always introduce issues with quest areas.

Same I loved camping for bard drums in Vanguard. 

edited February 2017
    Hopefully the racials don't work like Vanguard, that was really bad. When you give every race a cooldown ability it always ends up with a single race being the clear choice for it's corresponding class.
    What. The. Heck ?

1. If there was such a "clear choice", then why did I see so many different class/race combos all the time, even in the highend guilds ?

2. Many racials didnt work at all in Vanguard (IIRC at least Darkelf and Halfling. Halfling was bugged quite quickly and never got fixed. Darkelf racial sucked big time to begin with, was idiotic and useless for both tanks and melee dps (armor class and melee speed respectively, both of which had no effect at all on highlevel and only miniscule effect before that), was bugged for healers from the get go, never worked for necromancers since it confliced with their summon, later got nerfed further because PvP players complained Darkelf Sorc would be OP, and then pretty much became unuseable.

Race really played a small part in Vanguard. The only exception was Qaliathari Human and tanks - total OP, another immunity ! Not many people played it though. Saw many Lesser Giants who complained their ability did basically nothing.

Thinking about it, its funny how few people played dwarf tank. Not for their racial ability  - no idea about that one - but because of their Con Bonus.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I don't know, I felt the Raki racial was pretty much the best by far, particularly on PvP servers. Yet I don't remember there being many raki.

Raki racial was something called Planar shift (I think), and it originally reduced all magic damage by half for like 20-30 seconds. It was amazing in PvP while fighting druids who used chain starfalls or wizards with their nasty burst damage. Healed right thru it without breaking a sweat.

• TulerezzerTulerezzer Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Regarding racial abilities, I would like to see racial abilities that are semi-powerful at low levels and taper off to being pretty much just flavor at or near max level. Something along the lines of "Summon golem to fight for you for 2 minutes" with that pet being equal to your level but have a max level of 25 for example. Another example, "Increase magic damage mitigation for 2 minutes" with a max mitigation set to a level that would be trivial at max level. Stuff like that.
    Can bards use bows like vanguard, or not at all - like eq?
    svann said:
    Can bards use bows like vanguard, or not at all - like eq?
     No one knows anything about Pantheon Bards, they may not make launch. They are trying to though. 
    Regarding racial abilities, I would like to see racial abilities that are semi-powerful at low levels and taper off to being pretty much just flavor at or near max level.
    Any particular reason why that would be a good idea ? Because I'm drawing a total blank.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Lol why do we waste so much time on pre-alpha games?
    Because a pre-alpha game is the perfect game.  It is all things to all people.  There is none of this weird thing called 'reality' that rears its ugly head when you can actually play the game :)
  • TulerezzerTulerezzer Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Regarding racial abilities, I would like to see racial abilities that are semi-powerful at low levels and taper off to being pretty much just flavor at or near max level.
    Any particular reason why that would be a good idea ? Because I'm drawing a total blank.

My reasoning is so that at "end game" the race you choose makes no difference as far as overall power level. i.e. No BiS races for any class. You can pick any race you want and not worry about gimping yourself later on.
    At lower levels and "early/mid game" you would have a somewhat unique experience (from other races) which would at least somewhat improve the replayability of the game.