Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game bad...or good?

luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
There are so many mixed reviews as both extreme ends of the spectrum.

Some people say that this game is great, with tons to do, and takes all the best aspects from current MMO's.

And others say that this game is total garbage. Has horrible combat that is only based on gear, and that gear is P2W upgrades so the whole game is P2W.

I've never seen a game with so many people saying it's incredible and just as many saying it's utter trash.

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    My advice, wait about 10 days, try obt and then you decide what you think :), dont worry about other people ideas / impressions of game.
    Personally i think its a strong 7.5/10 it has its faults, but it has other aspects that i really enjoy

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    People that do say its good never bothered even reading, informing about the p2w aspects. The game lets f2p get items in cash shop too, but the progression is much much much slower. Wheres the fun when a cash shoper can get in 5min what u need to farm for 3 months? He will always will dominate in clan wars, terretory wars and general pvp.As f2p your just meatshield. Honestly if u belive u have a chance ure delusional. Its like thinking: someday i will earn as much as a CEO. No you never will u filty f2p player. Beside the p2w aspects: bad translation, bad combat animation, bad dungeon design, bad skill animation. It does everything what other mmos do but comes with a hefty price: below average in everything what other mmos compared do.
    Its one of those all you can eat mmos but you get fed pretty fast since the quality isnt there.
  • RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17
    exile01 said:
    People that do say its good never bothered even reading, informing about the p2w aspects. The game lets f2p get items in cash shop too, but the progression is much much much slower. Wheres the fun when a cash shoper can get in 5min what u need to farm for 3 months? He will always will dominate in clan wars, terretory wars and general pvp.As f2p your just meatshield. Honestly if u belive u have a chance ure delusional. Its like thinking: someday i will earn as much as a CEO. No you never will u filty f2p player. Beside the p2w aspects: bad translation, bad combat animation, bad dungeon design, bad skill animation. It does everything what other mmos do but comes with a hefty price: below average in everything what other mmos compared do.
    Its one of those all you can eat mmos but you get fed pretty fast since the quality isnt there.
    People who say it's bad are often whiners who think some guy paying $5 for an Upgrade Item means the game is P2W when in actuality it's just there for those who have to go to work or have to take care of their families before they can actually put time into it. "It takes 3 Months to get this item from a drop"? Yeah maybe if you want to pretend you are an Edgy, Angst Filled Teen like Kirito who absolutely needs to be solo. If you want the item faster just join a guild or form Farming Parties. Don't be whining 'P2W' when the game doesn't even sell Costumes with Stat Bonuses or Gear with higher stats than you could normally get from Monster Dropped items. Heck adding to it you can change your In-Game Currency of Gythil into the Cash Shop Currency of Aurum so you don't even have to pay $5. Just grind out some quests and do some Stalls where you sell decent drops, then change your Gythil to Aurum. 

The 'Bad Translation' is typical for almost any Foreign MMO Game. Sometimes it makes for a hilarious instance. The Combat Animation isn't all that bad and you really won't always just be standing there gawking at your character since you will be moving around quite a bit to dodge attacks. The Dungeon Design I actually found fun in my opinion. You didn't just run forward and eliminate all enemies. Some dungeons had traps and other thing that needed to be overcome. Skill animation is the same as Combat Animation. 

Also.. If you are getting dominated by a single person in Guild Battles then your whole group itself is to blame for not accurately working together. Adding to it you have no real proof that a Cash-Shopper would have this power in this Release here in NA. You could go "He has +10 Gear and we couldn't do any damage to him!!" and honestly my rebuttal is "What Class was he? What class were you? What was your Gear Level? How well do you know the class you are playing? Are you using the right rotations or are you just mashing buttons on the keyboard and hoping for the best? Are you working together with your team members or are you trying to be 'The Hero' and fight alone?"

Honestly, most people give this game a bad rap because it's being published by My.com and that's it. If it was picked up by someone like Subagames or another lesser known Publishing Company then no one would care at all. You are all mostly still butt-hurt over Skyforge so you are instantly projecting it's hatred onto Revelation. 
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Its a P2W game ..
    Don't even bother with this crap. The reviews are kinda right because it is a BAD game. With nice graphics.
    Did I say P2W?
    Yeah I said, P2W.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Just decide for yourself, for me its not good nor bad!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Once the game has been fully released, not interested in the OB tbh as they can change things fairly significantly between OB and release, particularly as it relates to the cash shop.
    Once the games out there it can be evaluated properly and a decision made on that basis, until then, its pretty much all pointless speculation as to how good the game will be, or how invasive the P2W aspects of the game are. Fingers crossed and wait and see, just ignore the hype because it never benefits the players by listening to it. :o
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Some players are very flexible, forgiving and susceptible to over enthusiasm, they tend to give most games a 9 or 10.

Others tend to be very rigid, hyper critical of anything which doesn't meet their overly unrealistic expectations, or see P2W behind every door, they tend to give 1s or 2s.

The truth about this and most other games usually lies somewhere in between these two camps.

Play it when it comes out and judge for yourself.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    1 I don't have unrealistic but i do have ideals that need to "make sense"This game does not make sense in many areas.
    2 I give the game 2 thumbs down because it does nothing to give reason to play it since you can get what it offers in any other game other than if you want to fly through the air like hidden dragon crouching tiger.

It does every single thing i hate in games,spam combat.,over sized weapons,scant dressed female characters looks retarded,yellow ? over npc heads is NEVER needed and ruins immersion,if i remember also has auto movement as well.

I posted somewhere a video of Peon reviewing the game,he sort of liked it but he also liked ideas i don't like over fast animations/spam type combat.I would like to see that sort of combat stay away from my mmorpg's and stay inside arpg's,that way i can avoid it altogether.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    I plan to check it out. I pretty much don't listen to anybody or any review since all the comments get so overly dramatic instead of just talking about what the game does.  I can determine for myself if what it does is good for me or not.

In terms of this game it looks interesting and will probably get a 17 dollar founders pack and play it for a week or so.  My indication of a good game when I still want to play it.  I will see if it keeps my interest.

The things I like is the separate of PvE and PvP events.  I abhor PvP because it always devolves into something septic.  I don't believe in P2W since I'm not competing with anybody when I play a role playing game.  I'm there to socially interact with others, fish, craft, and explore.  Fighting along the way to grow my character.  I'll give RO a chance to see if it fits that view.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    It's neither good nor bad.  It's a theme park game and because of that you already know the ending.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...