Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one find a fix for AMD Radeon 4k

2»

Comments

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Vrika said:
    Vrika said:
    Try opening your monitor's own settings menu, there should be a button on monitor to open it. Does it have same problem with the flashes?
    What do you mean the settings menu? No the tv doesnt have flashes though the menu. It is only when it runs at 4k 60 hz.

In case of a TV, I meant take the remote control and use it to open some of the TV's own menu so that it fills part of the screen while you're at 4K 60 Hz and seeing if
      a) The whole screen flashes, or
      b) Only the part of picture that comes from the GPU flashes while the TV's own menu works okay.

With TV it might be a bit more complicated than with a monitor. Monitors usually have settings menu that fills only a corner of the screen, whereas with TV you might end up with full-screen menus.

But if you've tested it with Geforce 1060 using 2010p at 60Hz and it's worked fine like that, then maybe the test I suggested is not that important.

Does RX 480 have same problems when you're running at 1080p? Or do the problems only affect 4K resolution?
    Some times the whole screen flashes, most of the time though, it is just a line that goes through the screen real quick, flashes. Nope it doesnt have the problem at 1080p. It also doesnt have the problem at 4k 30 hz. 
    Ridelynn said:
    I suspect the problem is PEBKAC.  Also, Best Buy and Cyber Power PC - the best of both worlds right there. This whole thread sounds like trollbait, starting with the title and continuing on.

In the event that hatefulpeace is not really a troll and doesn't understand that people stab each other over this stuff  - good luck with your computer, just go buy that 1060 and game happy with it.
    Yep i did it all just troll every one in some weird way that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I was hoping some one figured out how to fix the problem, since the only fix i saw was switching it from 1080 to 4k, every few hours which isnt really a fix. 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    A 4k set-up to play Ultima Online and Ryzom? That's like using a Lamborghini to go grocery shopping.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    First mistake is buying a Pre-Built computer half the techs don't even know what they are doing at any computer companies and what they like to do is sell out of older model hardware and profit off of it, and they don't even get it correct half the time ask them for extended specs on RAM, or Hard Disk  they can't give you the full details you can go get on New Egg, or other sites...

The fix is returning that PC, building your own, and switching to Intel / Nvidia, or at least waiting to check out Ryzen maybe.

AMD Cards have so many issues I quit using them all together 3 years ago at least.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2017
    hatefulpeace said:
    Nope it doesnt have the problem at 1080p. It also doesnt have the problem at 4k 30 hz. 
    Are you using a high speed HDMI cable (HDMI 1.4)?

If you're using one, those don't officially support 4k 60hz. Many of them can be pushed to transfer 4k 60hz, but may become a bit unreliable and start having strange problems due to data corruption. If you're right at the limits of your cable you might also see situation where it works with one device (GTX 1060), but occasionally fails with another (RX 480).

If you're using HDMI 2.0 cable or Displayport cable then those do officially support 4k 60hz.

Also if you're using a long cable (more than 3 meters), that could sometimes cause problems with data corruption in cable.

Vrika said:
    hatefulpeace said:
    Nope it doesnt have the problem at 1080p. It also doesnt have the problem at 4k 30 hz. 

If you're using one, those don't officially support 4k 60hz. Many of them can be pushed to transfer 4k 60hz, but may become a bit unreliable and start having strange problems due to data corruption. If you're right at the limits of your cable you might also see situation where it works with one device (GTX 1060), but occasionally fails with another (RX 480).

If you're using HDMI 2.0 cable or Displayport cable then those do officially support 4k 60hz.

Also if you're using a long cable (more than 3 meters), that could sometimes cause problems with data corruption in cable.
    I see, I tried 4 cables and I had the same problem. I know one of those cables was 100 percent a 2.0 hdmi cable, because it came with the PS4 pro, which comes with that cable. I sold it already, and bought a 1070 gtx. Many thanks for the cable response. I will test that one more time. 
    Renoaku said:
    First mistake is buying a Pre-Built computer half the techs don't even know what they are doing at any computer companies and what they like to do is sell out of older model hardware and profit off of it, and they don't even get it correct half the time ask them for extended specs on RAM, or Hard Disk  they can't give you the full details you can go get on New Egg, or other sites...

The fix is returning that PC, building your own, and switching to Intel / Nvidia, or at least waiting to check out Ryzen maybe.

AMD Cards have so many issues I quit using them all together 3 years ago at least.
    Well I honestly cant say I see anything wrong with what  they did. There isnt much they could do wrong.  I got all the detailed information I wanted from them. It is also easy to verify what is in it by just looking through the glass door lol. I mean everything is labeled. I can't return the computer, it is past the 14 days. I did sell the card though, and bought a 1070. 

I think it was a good deal my self. I tried to build one for the same price, and it always was more than what I spent. 

Subtotal (8 items): $609.33

That is with out a case, keyboard, mouse, or ram. 

Subtotal (11 items): $790.31

That is same specs building it your self on amazon. I paid 649.99. Even if you didnt have to buy windows it still over by 50 bucks. So yeah. I think that speaks for it self. 

I dont see any place unless you use used parts, to make a AMD 8350, aftermarket cooler, 1tb hd, nice case with window leds and hides the cords and psu, 700 watt psu, 480 rx 4gbs, 8gbs ddr 3 x2 4gbs, windows 10, nice gaming keyboard and mouse, for the 649 they sold it to me for. As for the flicker problem, my guess is its not even their fault, it has something to do with either my tv, or my cables, or the drivers. 

I have built many pcs, but i only did it because it was cheaper, that pc was def not cheaper to build. 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Vrika said:
    hatefulpeace said:

I see, I tried 4 cables and I had the same problem. I know one of those cables was 100 percent a 2.0 hdmi cable, because it came with the PS4 pro, which comes with that cable. I sold it already, and bought a 1070 gtx. Many thanks for the cable response. I will test that one more time. 
    You did say it worked with a different PC.  So you don't have the cable it worked on?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    Vrika said:
    hatefulpeace said:

You did say it worked with a different PC.  So you don't have the cable it worked on?
    Not a different pc, I had a different graphics card, and yeah I tried the same cable. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    With your TV it is probably best to use nVidia unless you want to get another TV. Some early 4k panels have a different timing that does not work well with AMD unless you make a custom profile.
    Cleffy said:
    With your TV it is probably best to use nVidia unless you want to get another TV. Some early 4k panels have a different timing that does not work well with AMD unless you make a custom profile.
    I see, that is prolly what it is then. Thank you, I did go Nvida a 1070. 
    Yep now that I got the 1070 it doesn't do it any more.