Why cant I start topics on some gaming forums?

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 725
edited February 18 in Site Suggestions
I checked Naval Action and Ashes of Creation both are locked.
There is no way to start a topic as a member on this forum, why is that?

Post edited by Maurgrim on

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 25,566
    Not enough badges....I had no problem.  ;)

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

Pouring on extra "Salt" for 2017

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member EpicPosts: 17,957
    edited February 19
    He has 16 badges and 612 posts.  That's far beyond any reasonable threshold to try to block spammers.  And even if that were the cause, why allow creating threads here?

It doesn't let me create a thread on the Ashes of Creation forum, either.  The whole row that contains the New Discussion button is completely missing.

This seems like a question for the Help Desk forum, not The Pub.
    Post edited by Quizzical on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 13,394
    You could PM @MikeB and ask him if there is a permission problem.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 1,746
    yeah, I can't make new threads there either. Can reply to them though

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember RarePosts: 1,769
    edited February 19
    Kyleran said:
    Not enough badges....I had no problem.  ;)
    I figured you just bought the Founder's Tier 2..  Oh wait, we're talking about MMORPG.com forums, not crowdfunded, official game website forums.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Pittsburgh, PAMember UncommonPosts: 1,593
    Similarly, all the game development forums do not allow the creation of new threads.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 8,701
    Similarly, all the game development forums do not allow the creation of new threads.
    There are a number of game developers who visit this website, is it possible that game development forums are limited to actual developers creating new threads? :o
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 1,746
    edited February 19
    Phry said:
    There are a number of game developers who visit this website, is it possible that game development forums are limited to actual developers creating new threads? :o
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/461165/so-the-story-begins/p1

He was able to make a thread there. Unless he is a shill for the game and is actually a developer/part of the team lol
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,236
    edited February 19
    The game dev forums were not supposed to be visible. I can make threads in Naval Action, but not Ashes of Creation. Not sure what's going on there. Will talk to Ben about it on Monday.

Anyone else unable to make threads in Naval Action/Ashes of Creation?
    Post edited by MikeB on

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Unknown, AZMember UncommonPosts: 354
    All you post 2005ers are weak in the forum-force. :p

MurderHerd

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,236
    This should be fixed now. Please let me know if you're still encountering any issues.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• AdamantineAdamantine NowhereMember UncommonPosts: 3,954
    MikeB said:
    The game dev forums were not supposed to be visible.
    ???

Those forums are pretty horrible and contain a ***load of bad ideas.

But I've definitely been able to post there in the past.

And whats the point of having them if they're not visible ?