Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hearthstone Expansion Changes/Death of F2P

MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
edited February 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Hello there,
Just read this forum post at http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2250-year-of-the-mammoth-clarifications-roundup-and indicating that future adventures will be no more. It's all going to be packs from now on.

I myself pay to blizzard as my budget allows since it was a fair deal for me. Paying for card packs every couple of months and then grinding for some gold is a good deal for a casual player like me. And my spouse; she played the entire game up to a level that she could purchase all the adventures and some 40 pack bundles only by free to play.

But I guess that's happening no more. I think it's time to cut my expenditures into this game since it has chosen a more aggressive monetization route. I can't follow up 50 card packs for 50 dollars ( pretty much $16 something per month if you put it that way ) even without obtaining the 'meta' cards that I ought to.

Then again it may just be me. What say you?

beLIEve

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am glad i am not the only one that sees through Blizzard like a clear open window.

I have been eluding to their ever changing ways over the last year.Instead of better the game  they are making it worse.
    What really bothers me is i find 90% for certain are completely dumb to Blizzard's greedy tactics.

I mentioned that they don't like adventures "as cheap as they have made them" because it is a better option than just buying packs of which you would need a bare minimum of 150 to get anywhere but more like 300 to actually compete with most others.

I think what Blizzard has decided is that they have everyone hooked now after a couple years,people are invested and committed so good time to soak us good.

I also stated immediately because it was so obvious that when they started to remove cards it was all for selfish greed even though they TRIED to paint it as a move to help new players ..ROFLMAO yeah good one blizzard.Trying to remove old cards to help new players but still the dailies are giving away OLD  cards lol.
    BTW i already stopped giving them any money,idk i barely play at all anymore,Blizzard just really turns me off with their sneaky greedy ways.The fact they sold those new avatar pics is retarded and just more greed,it's not like players have anything from this game,even the cards one day will be gone,omitted useless.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I used to just watch Blizzard from the outside so i was not involved with them financially so i never knew just how bad blizzard is,then we get a thread the other day of them bragging about how much money they make,,shove it in the customers face,yep good idea Blizzard.

They already ruined their beloved Diablo franchise a VERY high majority have left that game and likely will not return for their so called Necromancer patch but will be over priced of course.They have slowly angered their Wow base and now hearthstone in next on their agenda of games to ruin,communities to ruin.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Since Hearthstone actually earns more money the Wow I think this sounds a bit risky, it is not bad to have casual players that just buy a pack now and then since you will get far more players that way.

Then again, it certainly have the potential to earn loads of more cash if those casuals are hooked by now. I guess we will have to wait and see how it affects the playerbase.

And yeah, it sucks for anyone that plays a little casually or are on a limited budget and play other games as well.