Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question.

Kuroko-kunKuroko-kun Member UncommonPosts: 8
I guess I'm a little confused..   Is Early Access around the same time as Open Beta?  Or are they seperate things cause what i read was a little confusing.  And will they wipe the servers after OBT?

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    There will be a headstart after OBT for founders i think.

Im pretty sure they will wipe the servers after OBT and before headstart.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Daikuru said:
    There will be a headstart after OBT for founders i think.

Im pretty sure they will wipe the servers after OBT and before headstart.
    Oh I was under the impression people would keep the OBT characters, and just lose access for a while during headstart. I'm pretty sure that's how their other games worked.
  • Kuroko-kunKuroko-kun Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Okay, thank you.  I guess I got confused about the Name reserve for OBT because I always thought it was ment for launch and early access. :skull:
    edited February 2017
    Ah yeah the early access thing seems to be for open beta, so if you are founder you can play the OBT earlier.

https://ro.my.com/en/founders-packs

http://support.my.com/games/kbPage/716/
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Well I have the top tier founders pack... So what you're saying it OBT is techincally early access for us?  They won't wipe or delete the characters?
    My guess is that you have early access for OBT (ah few days before anyone else) and a  head start before launch (a few days like in OBT) the name reservation should work for OBT and launch, but im not sure, its just my guess.

Normally every game gets a wipe before launch.

- Albert Einstein

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Well I have the top tier founders pack... So what you're saying it OBT is techincally early access for us?  They won't wipe or delete the characters?
    Daikuru said:
    My guess is that you have early access for OBT (ah few days before anyone else) and a  head start before launch (a few days like in OBT) the name reservation should work for OBT and launch, but im not sure, its just my guess.

No. OBT is their release of the game. if you havena founder pack you have 7 days of early access to play the game before OBT. Early access starts February 27th, OBT on 6th May. There is no wipe after OBT, so that is why it is considered a release, but with the open beta label so they can still use the open beta argument for any issue. Cash shop is also enabled. Nothing is wiped.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    if you have a founder pack you can curently reserve one name from open beta in the website.

the early acess ( no wipe ) for peoples who got founder pack start the 27 it mean a few day early before everyone can log in... and the open beta start officialy for peoples who did not buy a founder pack a fews day after the 27... the peoples who got founder pack and start the 27 will not be wiped and got a few level in advance...

if you want start the 27 you can buy the cheapest founder pack for like 20$ i think... or just wait a few days because some level in advance dont change alot of stuft... this game take alot of time level.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    treyu86 said:
    Daikuru said:

No. OBT is their release of the game. if you havena founder pack you have 7 days of early access to play the game before OBT. Early access starts February 27th, OBT on 6th May. There is no wipe after OBT, so that is why it is considered a release, but with the open beta label so they can still use the open beta argument for any issue. Cash shop is also enabled. Nothing is wiped.
    Rarely do MMOs wipe after open beta begins. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ExinExin Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Daikuru is completely wrong. There is a  Head Start on 27th Feb (let's call it early access) and then on 6th Mar OBT will start. NO WIPES after OBT.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    DMKano said:
    Exin said:
    Daikuru is completely wrong. There is a  Head Start on 27th Feb (let's call it early access) and then on 6th Mar OBT will start. NO WIPES after OBT.

If there are no wipes after that - let's call it what it really is - game launch.
    Dont often agree with DM, but in this instance fully agree, the term OBT has long been lost to the 'get our founders packs quick' , but yes its release, of course it then gives them (and the fan boys) the opportunity to use the 'game is OBT' if things dont work

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• ExinExin Member UncommonPosts: 65
    DMKano said:
    Exin said:

If there are no wipes after that - let's call it what it really is - game launch.
    Yes, technically it's a launch. 
    I just don't want to start over after making all that progress, so hopefully there are not wipes when OBT starts.
  • RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I just don't want to start over after making all that progress, so hopefully there are not wipes when OBT starts.
    Honestly I have yet to ever play a Free to Play MMORPG where wipes happen after OBT. 
    Honestly I have yet to ever play a Free to Play MMORPG where wipes happen after OBT. 

Sounds good to me then :pleased:
    Thanks!
  • RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17

Sounds good to me then :pleased:
    Thanks!
    No problem, glad I can help. :)
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    No more wipes.