Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP Adds Wormhole Mode, Valkyrie League in New Update - EVE: Valkyrie - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    klash2def said:
    Good suggestion, I've never played Vendetta I was under the impression it was a mobile game?
    I'd prefer not to discuss it here out of respect for this thread, but it was in development as a PC/Mac/Linux game for 12 years* before being ported to mobile as a cross-platform MMORPG.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am not saying i know because i quit Eve long ago but seeing so many always talk about numbers ,i have to ask.

Do numbers even matter at all?Like most every popular game,players have 2/3/4/5 accounts.Even so numbers are never an indication of how good a game is,people tend to aim for competitive platforms and so happens Eve has no competition in the space genre.So are people playing it because it is good or because there is nothing else out there?

Me i am not  a fanbois of any genre,i just look for the best games and that is what i play.I went from single player >FPS's>mmorpg's and i could easily dump all those if i  see something better come along.I just get the feeling lots of gamer's just have to have a space game and Eve is the beneficiary of a very weak market.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Is that a MMO?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    klash2def said:
    this is the direction they need to take EVE online. When Elite Dangerous was in development I was saying how great EVE would be in that style of space sim.

imo CCP should rethink EVE Online.. it could be so much more:

Add Cockpit view, Add Dogfights, Add Planetary Landings, Add In Station Walking
    (Been asking for years)

(I know SC is supposed to have all that in 2039 when it releases. But Im talking about making EVEO great again things.)

EVEO could have been SC like 5 years ago. Imagine that player driven world EVE has but with the SC/ED cockpit/fps style.
    "in 2039 when it releases" made me laugh out loud at work, well played sir.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Wizardry said:
    I am not saying i know because i quit Eve long ago but seeing so many always talk about numbers ,i have to ask.

Do numbers even matter at all?Like most every popular game,players have 2/3/4/5 accounts.Even so numbers are never an indication of how good a game is,people tend to aim for competitive platforms and so happens Eve has no competition in the space genre.So are people playing it because it is good or because there is nothing else out there?

Me i am not  a fanbois of any genre,i just look for the best games and that is what i play.I went from single player >FPS's>mmorpg's and i could easily dump all those if i  see something better come along.I just get the feeling lots of gamer's just have to have a space game and Eve is the beneficiary of a very weak market.
    It's not really that weak.  I've always found plenty of space games to play with interesting concepts that aren't EVE, including at least one MMORPG, over the last 13 years. 

If you haven't found any space game to play besides EVE, I'd have to say it's because you aren't looking. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance