Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you SHOULD try Revelation Online!

2»

Comments

• RionRequielRionRequiel Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited February 2017
    To be completely honest, the game isn't entirely "Join a Party and do Raids and Dungeons 24/7". It does offer things for Solo Players. However, it is an MMORPG and it is to be expected that you would have to engage in Group Play. Why? Because without Group Play it's no longer a Massive-Multiplayer Game. It would just be a "Chat with people while you kill things" which you could easily do on any other game. You can only go so far playing Solo in any MMORPG.

Respectfully I will agree with Exin. I personally find this game to be great and look forward to the various things I can do in OBT. (Won't lie, I bought a Deluxe Pack before CBT1 even began.. Was not disappointed.)

The game in my opinion is far from Pay to Win. To me, Pay To Win would be more like S4 League in which you have to pay Real Money to get Permanent Weapons that give greater stat boosts than what you can obtain with in-game currency. 

So you can buy stuff to enhance gear? Cool. But you can get the items from grinding and that process is much faster if you join a Guild. The only ones who will be behind for a bit are the Solo Players because again, you can only get so far by playing alone.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited February 2017
    played it to lvl 49 and joined clan pvp, normal pvp, raid and pve dung. The thing is: it has everything- but it does it so bad that i didnt feel like im enjoying the game and so didnt have the urge to continue playing and stopped. I started BnS and must admit: this is how a quality MMO must look like. Also the lousy animations of RO was a instant turn off. Also you can skip with cash shop progression, wich a BIG RED nogo. If u can buy with 10 items 1-3 months worth of progression that in 2min- theres no point playing for me. In GvG there were already people with cashshop full items +10 maxed to the core. Our whole guild tried to kill 1 and couldnt.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    DMKano said:
    Any game that isn't fun until you get past level whatever isn't worth my time.  The game needs to be fun within the first 15 minutes or forget it.  There are too many other options to waste time trying to get to the supposed good part in a game.

The game should be fun within 15 seconds

I've played dozens of MMOs and I can't think of any that were fun in the first 15 seconds. 
    Every game with a solid tutorial stage.
    GW2, SWTOR, ESO.. even Wildstar has a fun introduction.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ExinExin Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited February 2017
    exile01 said:
    played it to lvl 49 and joined clan pvp, normal pvp, raid and pve dung. The thing is: it has everything- but it does it so bad that i didnt feel like im enjoying the game and so didnt have the urge to continue playing and stopped. I started BnS and must admit: this is how a quality MMO must look like. Also the lousy animations of RO was a instant turn off. Also you can skip with cash shop progression, wich a BIG RED nogo. If u can buy with 10 items 1-3 months worth of progression that in 2min- theres no point playing for me. In GvG there were already people with cashshop full items +10 maxed to the core. Our whole guild tried to kill 1 and couldnt.
    +10 was achieved by people in the second CBT, and there was no cash shop back then. So +10 is really not an issue, you were just playing too little.

Also you compare to BnS when it's even more P2W than Revelation. The open world PVP and PVE is P2W in its finest. The only non-P2W area of this game are 1v1/3v3/Arenas and they're actually quite fun.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Dakeru said:
    DMKano said:
    Any game that isn't fun until you get past level whatever isn't worth my time.  The game needs to be fun within the first 15 minutes or forget it.  There are too many other options to waste time trying to get to the supposed good part in a game.

The game should be fun within 15 seconds

I've played dozens of MMOs and I can't think of any that were fun in the first 15 seconds. 
    Every game with a solid tutorial stage.
    GW2, SWTOR, ESO.. even Wildstar has a fun introduction.
    This. Or games that have a very cinematic introduction make me have fun within 15 seconds. I think honestly Neverwinters intro was nice, and Dragons Nest as well. If it throws you into action right off the bat, and has crazy war going on I tend to have fun.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2017
    Here is why you shouldn't buy Revelation Online...

Currently I play Skyforge on and off at least 5 members from my clan got Free Beta Invites, and all of them said the game sucked.

https://ro.my.com/en/founders-packs

Go look at what you get in the founders packs scrolls, and XP boosts rather than the game company themselves just including the boosts as part of the subscription / Patron benefits...

This game is going to be heavily based around Cash Shop spending real money for things, and housing + Character Customization Pay 2 enjoy aspects unless otherwise I am told by a developer this is not so I am not going to spend money on this game.

In addition go look at Premium benefits (They charge you in Game Currency / Items) to use world chat except 2 free messages daily... Couldn't get any worse than this...

Instead they need to take all those boosts and merge them into premium benefits.
    Renoaku said:

In addition go look at Premium benefits (They charge you in Game Currency / Items) to use world chat except 2 free messages daily... Couldn't get any worse than this...

Instead they need to take all those boosts and merge them into premium benefits.
    Limited world chat is great solution for potential bot spams. You have free Level chat, and multiple others. Another opinion based on hearsay, I'm afraid.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Exin said:
    Renoaku said:

Limited world chat is great solution for potential bot spams. You have free Level chat, and multiple others. Another opinion based on hearsay, I'm afraid.
    Gotta say most of hate has come from either hearsay or just repeating what has been said, seen posts that simply said "dont care p2w", but as of yet ive really not seen anyone provide direct links to p2w, think of archeage and the labor stipend , clearly P2W, think BnS and limited items in cash shop, again P2W, but as of yet (and nope haven't studied cash shop fully) ive not in my time seen any p2w, yes there are advancements but nothing that cannot be gained in game. Heck fact you can exchange in game money to cash shop money removes the full wallet warriors p2w aspect.

I bought the high end pack to begin with, but after the CBT2 , i refunded it, i didn't like what i saw in the CBT against what they promised, however, when i got into CBT3, i actually thought , "well looks like a lot of my concerns where unfounded, and rashly made" and then bought the middle pack, (personally not bothered about the cat so dont see need to blow an extra 30 quid)

I would like to see a single item that is clearly p2w, and by that definition this is something that CANNOT be gained from gameplay, so what if it takes 6 weeks of grinding, this is not instant gratification, if you want that go play WoW or another game where you get instant level 10000 toon fully geared.

Funny thing is mention grinding for a few weeks for a upgrade on item and people moan, and yet in another post for another game the same players moan about how easy / basic the game is... sorry but you cannot have it both ways.

Way i see it, if you think game is p2w then provide some proof, show me how it is, if you cannot other than the rantings of some other people then STFU.
    Bear in mind what happens on the CN version wont be the same on the ours, yes the game is same, but the nature of gameplay for asian MMO v Western is different , different culture etc.

On a final note, the people who moan about the p2w, id be surprised if more than 1-3% of them are even in the top 1% of pvpers on any game, so has in fact little impact on their own gameplay in a lot of instances, for me ive not yet found a game where the p2w aspect has a single impact on my own gameplay heck even Archeage had little effect it just meant i had to work smarter than the cash warriors.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This game has 6 classes. EQ had what 12? It's like they are not even trying.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited February 2017
    Exin said:
    Usually when people spend little time in a game its because its bad and not worth spending any more time in.
    The initial experience is not good, and this is a big problem, unfortunately.
    yeah the start realy bad... after pay for the closed beta 3 key i have log in and was tempted to just uninstall right there... was feeling like everything we see... crap clone f2p games...but since i have pay i have keep play a bit more and im realy happy that i did... this game amazing... im kinda a old school players... ultima online... everquest... played most game who have releases after... most game lack deep and im stoping them usualy because they lack the community and features...

well revelation online a real mmorpg... you need group for stuft... the community always a big part and the game alway bring it in various way ... from guild who own place in the world... to faction war where you can pick side... instance also... shop in the games old schools... the instance are the hardess shit i have see since foverer...that realy old schools fealing to get wiped...where nowaday everyone a winner and everyone finish most instance and got stuft handed to them easily... revelation dont do that... you can be the only guy who own this special item because no one else got it !! that this fealing !! raid at 10 peoples just wiped and trying for 6 hours a instance not even the highest level...in fact you got the numbers ingame of the raid from the last closed beta... around 100 peoples completed it at 3 star dificulty...server were full.... i did it at 2 with my guild... my guild did raid in many others ''hard'' games easy... and we have take a few hours learn the boss fight... it fun !!

we talk about a instance mid level from max level... also around lvl 60++ it take day and after week to level up... 3 months chinese peoples say for max level... nice !!

guild siege are AMAZING... and they are meaningfull,
     ( you can open a instance for your guild only, set taxe from the city you own ect )
    when you attack a big castle a control it... then you need put your wall and siege weapon to start defend it ( that you have all crafted ) then you see thousand of peoples attacking... that like wow... 

the game got a thousand features... everything there... event a theme park like final fantasy 14... fish contest... rift spawn attack on map... thief island with pvp... world pvp... 

that realy my game for a few years for sure... it got so much features... and that realy a great games...

do yourself a favor and keep paying even after 6 hours... this game deserve it... that not just another cheap clone... you will discover features and features each hours... it never end...
    Nilden said:
    EQ only has 12? Amateurs. Ragnarok Online has over 50 Classes. They are the real superheroes. Also, currently it's only 6. However, a 7th Class has been revealed as well and I am sure over time we will get even more. Wouldn't be surprised if we sit on a nice even 10 Classes eventually. 
    Nilden said:
    6 classes and ALL are viable with an important role. What's the point of having 12 classess or like Archeage 120 when only a few is really worth playing. 7th is in the making and I'm sure we'll get more.
  • saxon26saxon26 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Thanks for the write up dude!, this is exactly what i've been looking for. the video of the dungeons does worry me, you just seem to be standing there casting spells is the combat any decent or just the old tab target smash your face into keyboard?

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited February 2017
    Exin said:
    exile01 said:
    +10 was achieved by people in the second CBT, and there was no cash shop back then. So +10 is really not an issue, you were just playing too little.

Also you compare to BnS when it's even more P2W than Revelation. The open world PVP and PVE is P2W in its finest. The only non-P2W area of this game are 1v1/3v3/Arenas and they're actually quite fun.
    What open world PvP? Oh, you mean the totally optional open world PvP?  I will not doubt that BnS went P2W-ish PvE and instanced PvP (Whirlwind Valley or whatever it is called)...but you can not just flag on anyone with P2W gear like in Revelation...they are basically doing everything they can to make it P2W with the exception of selling actual gear - you will be so far ahead of non-cash shop users it is not even funny.  Completely turned me off from even thinking about trying the game.  I mean it is My.com - what did we honestly expect?
    azurrei said:
    What open world PvP? Oh, you mean the totally optional open world PvP?  I will not doubt that BnS went P2W-ish PvE and instanced PvP (Whirlwind Valley or whatever it is called)...but you can not just flag on anyone with P2W gear like in Revelation...they are basically doing everything they can to make it P2W with the exception of selling actual gear - you will be so far ahead of non-cash shop users it is not even funny.  Completely turned me off from even thinking about trying the game.  I mean it is My.com - what did we honestly expect?
    Are you serious? It's not remotely close to as Pay to Win as something like Archeage is. Heck you have to put one large factor into it anyway when it comes to "Pay to Win" there are some people who have Jobs and Families. They can't spend countless hours grinding on an enemy to make it drop an item they need to upgrade their gear and stay relevant in the game. They have to tend to their jobs, their children, their lovers, and their families. They can't logically keep up with the kids who are playing nearly 18+ Hours a day. 

This is why they sell items. To help those who have jobs and obligations keep up with those who can spend countless hours screwing around on the game. You want Pay to Win? Go play Aura Kingdom or Twin Saga from Aeria where you HAVE to spend Real Cash to get newer, more powerful Summons and the like. Pay to Win would be to lock core aspects of the game behind a pay wall so only those who pay get that unfair advantage. Again for example, Aeria Games. 

Revelation is about as fair as a game can be, especially to those who wish to put in large amounts of time but can't. You can cry "Pay to Win!!!" all you want but it's a different story when you are working 30 to 40+ Hours a week and then realizing that you can't get anywhere unless you convince someone to play the game for you or pay them to level up your character. Do you see the stupidity in crying out Pay to Win now? It's there to give those who can't dedicate the time to the game a chance to keep up with people who don't have any obligations other than "MUST LEVEL! MUST BE ONE PERCENT!!" 
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    After the founder packs and seeing what they have in store for the cash shop, the game is and will be p2w. Is what it is.

Either way, play it or leave it. Some people enjoy the p2w aspects, some don't. Can I recommend it in my own opinion? Not at all. Should you try it out for yourself and make your own judgement? Yes.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I never got past the initial slog, the awful starting gameplay combined with not liking the general aesthetics of the game made me logout after an hour. I prefer playing fantasy races or scifi species in my mmorpg and in revelation online the only thing I could play was something that basically was a human.

Maybe its a good game later on but it just managed to have all the awful aspects of themeparks at the start.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    saxon26 said:
    Thanks for the write up dude!, this is exactly what i've been looking for. the video of the dungeons does worry me, you just seem to be standing there casting spells is the combat any decent or just the old tab target smash your face into keyboard?

Don't watch only the beginning of the video :)