Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkest Dungeon and Technomancer

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
Both are on sale on Steam right now and I got them both for about 25 Euros. The Darkest Dungeon was 50% off and Technomancer 70%. 

I am a little bit worried that technomancer might be too actiony for me but I like Steampunk games I just love the whole theme.I have always loved steampunk and love reading books set in that type of world. It blends two of my favourite genres both fantasy and Scifi. Has anyone played Technomancer and can give me an idea of how tough this game might be for me. I played Witcher 3 on normal and managed Mass effect 3 on normal too except the final boss in the Citadel DLC had to drop the difficulty on that one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338390/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was really unhappy that i bought Darkest and i can thoroughly enjoy that TYPE of game on occasion.
    Too predictable,combat felt too handcuffed,i really did not like the design at all.I really should not have been surprised ,i mean it is a paper doll 2d minimal side scrolling game,so the budget to make it was very low.
    But i heard others talking about it,so i bought it and grrrr.
    This is why i detest all these games asking for money before we try the game,i have been burned far too often.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I noticed the sale on technomancer earlier. It looks interesting, was thinking about checking it out back when it first released but reviews seem to be mixed.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited February 2017
    I believe Technomancer had a patch that made things better from what I read on the reviews on Steam the more recent reviews. Before it was quite random the damage that mobs dealt and you died too easily. They do also talk about some tedium in the beginning and that the story was quite entertaining . Also that the learning curve is a tad steep but I don't mind that as long as I do not need to be too fast or twitchy with my actions.

I am always on the lookout for good RPG games and I love games that have good stories and I am able to put up with some tedium if the world and story are grand.

The reason I got Darkest Dungeon was that for a long time I've been reading about how super this game is and although it is a 2d scroller I was still intrigued but this video sold me I just loved the voices and narration. It's like listening to a Graphic Audio book.

Chamber of Chains
  • GalerunnerGalerunner Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I got darkest dungeon in the winter sale. Was okay but it feels too opressive with the stress meter. Every shit just puts stress on the hero and it's members for some reason, but there hardly ever is anything to counterweight it.
    I get it, it's supposed to shine light on it, but I felt they overdid it. Get crit in the first encounter of a long dungeon  get 23 stress on the one hit and 10 on everyone else, because reasons. Sure a good start when you have to clean all battlerooms.