Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elysium to open "Legacy Network" -TBC and WotLK-

Just what the title says..  Elysium has announced they will be partnering with another emulation team to continue the adventure.
Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    A link to the announcement would be helpful

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    that would be promoting illegal EMU .. which will get you reported , the Admin should of already removed this thread.. imo
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Scorchien said:
    that would be promoting illegal EMU .. which will get you reported , the Admin should of already removed this thread.. imo
    It has been a topic of hot debate here, and this is the appropriate section to mention it.  The fact that TBC and WotLK has been mentioned and they are continuing to press forward with the theme is noteworthy whatever side of the fence you have been on.

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    Scorchien said:
    Technically this is news, not promoting. Especially considering this is a pretty big deal, not some small server hurting for attention.

Nice try, mmorpg.com police...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    donjn said:
    Scorchien said:
    Technically this is news, not promoting. Especially considering this is a pretty big deal, not some small server hurting for attention.

promoting illegal servers under the extremely thin disguise of being news? not exactly very original.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited February 2017
    None of you can see sticky thread at top of page granting Ely an exception to the normal policy? :p.    

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    edited February 2017
    Phry said:
    donjn said:
    Scorchien said:

promoting illegal servers under the extremely thin disguise of being news? not exactly very original.
    As the kitty mentions above, it's the appropriate place.  I was honestly surprised when I found this out as I thought their(Elysium's) stance was always with "vanilla" only.  

The only thing that makes you feel as if I'm advertising is because of my ongoing stance and signature.  I'm not going to lie and say I'm not excited about it. BC was my sunset and I'm content playing in that world indefinitely.  I would also rather play on an official one, but not some new invented version of it where the new Blizz has watered it down. 

Also I guess since no other site has mentioned/discussed it yet I thought the readers of MMORPG might want to.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    honestly, the Elysium servers are garbage compared to what nost was. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    The servers are very unstable. Disconnect left,right and center.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Havent heard much from Elysium recently, hows things going since the whole Nos drama a few weeks ago? The server pop still huge?

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    Kunai_Vax said:
    Havent heard much from Elysium recently, hows things going since the whole Nos drama a few weeks ago? The server pop still huge?
    The population has cooled off a bit. I would say it is at least 30% down.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Would be interesting to see Blizzard go after sites promoting these illegal sites.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    donjn said:
    Scorchien said:

As the kitty mentions above, it's the appropriate place.  I was honestly surprised when I found this out as I thought their(Elysium's) stance was always with "vanilla" only.  

The only thing that makes you feel as if I'm advertising is because of my ongoing stance and signature.  I'm not going to lie and say I'm not excited about it. BC was my sunset and I'm content playing in that world indefinitely.  I would also rather play on an official one, but not some new invented version of it where the new Blizz has watered it down. 

Also I guess since no other site has mentioned/discussed it yet I thought the readers of MMORPG might want to.
    Would also like to see that too, Legion was imo the worst expac ever, trouble is, i wouldn't trust anyone other than Blizzard to do it, its not that i am a big fan of Blizzard, they pretty much lost my custom with Legion for the forseeable future, but there are trust issues when it comes to using pirate servers, as in zero trust. :(
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    donjn said:
    Kunai_Vax said:
    Still better than the 70% drop Legion experienced :dizzy:

I would like to try a Legacy server but with transmog. I really cant imagine playing an RPG anymore where i dont have any real say in how my character looks. I think its one of a very few changes Blizzard has made in the last 12 years that wasnt terrible and short sighted. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Phry said:
    donjn said:
    Scorchien said:

Considering they've made official posts on elysium here, I don't see what your point is.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    donjn said:
    Kunai_Vax said:
    I stopped playing soon after hitting 60.  I found the community to be too toxic and didn't have the desire to hunt for preraid BiS loot.  I chose the PVE server and because it was carried over from Nost, there simply weren't enough pre raid dungeon groups being formed.

Leveling was really rewarding, but I simply can't be bothered with MMOs that don't have group finders these days.  I didn't mind it when vanilla was fresh, but not anymore.  I also have no interest in scheduling time for raids in any game i play.

But it was definitely a fun ride while it lasted.