Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Morrowind on June 6th - New Zone, New Class & More - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited February 2017
    Look guys no reason to be upset. If you don't like the prices don't buy the expansion. It will go sooner on discount that way. Though I have a feeling ESO's sales will sky-rocket once more. 

Think of it this way, Homestead is free, One Tamriel was free. And all other DLCs were covered by a Subscription or you could buy them separately. You didn't have to buy the DLC that you didn't like, ZOS gave you the choice to choose. How many MMOs allow that anyway? In WoW you need to stay subbed to play through those content patches that feature much less than ESO's DLCs.

And for the expansion, it's 40$. For that you get an entire island, 3 battlegrounds, 1 raid, a new class, and probably all the solo dungeons, public dungeons and world bosses that usually come with it. For me that's a steal. 

Oh and you might think, but this is only 1 Zone, is it really? Do you realize that 1 ESO Standard Zone = 3 WoW Zones combined? Wrothgar wasn't a standard zone, and it featured AT LEAST half of what Legion has to offer, in terms of landmass and content.

IF "Morrowind" expansion is really twice bigger than Wrothgar (Orsinium), then we are looking at a Zone that is bigger than entire Legion's landmass. That's like 7-8 WoW Zones combined in size. And that is all without measuring the huge quality difference between the games.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    At first I was surprised by the prices but then realized this isn't just one of their little DLC's, and is actually a full blown expansion. Warden seems like it could be fun, and I really wanna check out those 4v4v4 battlegrounds.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Good stuff!
    But guys, where is the soundtrack CD in those collectors? :D
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    ESO has so much potential.. I'm glad its going this direction! Cant wait for this one WARDEN looks BA :)
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Torval said:
    laserit said:
    DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.
    I think all this posturing over a label is silly.
    When you throw ESO's sub model into the picture it becomes a bit more than just a label. It leaves me questioning the value of my ESO sub. Not my problem, I can play without it. I'll save more $ than the price of the expansion by the time its released.

Zenimax's loss, not mine.
    Why is it bad here but it's okay for WoW or FF14 to do it? Why are people so salty? It's not like in WoW or FF14 that screw you for stopping your rent payment? I only bring those up because people like to refer to those as how it should all work financially, yet they're more expensive and demand a higher minimum buy in.

It's a landmass and a new class for $40. Suddenly the entire fanbase that feels entitled to have it given to them how they want get all salty. Seems a little childish.

Xpacs for FF14, for existing users, can cost up to $150. You can get the deluxe upgrade for $60. What other MMO offers a deluxe edition to their players for $60? Most single player AAA titles charge more than that.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the price. My issue is I cant use my crowns to purchase it. I'm failing to see the value of a sub anymore much much cheaper to just cough up for the DLC. This Xpac reveal is showing me that my crowns that are building up through my sub are useless. $40 worth of crowns sounds fair to me. 

I'm not into RNG, outfits, pets and crap, My stockpile of crowns are proving useless. $15 a month for a crafting bag is losing it's appeal quickly. They're killing the reason I sub.

It's not a problem, I'll kill my sub and just purchase the DLC and Xpac's from now on, much much cheaper for me that way.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    laserit said:
    Torval said:
    laserit said:
    DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.
    I think all this posturing over a label is silly.
    When you throw ESO's sub model into the picture it becomes a bit more than just a label. It leaves me questioning the value of my ESO sub. Not my problem, I can play without it. I'll save more $ than the price of the expansion by the time its released.

Zenimax's loss, not mine.
    Why is it bad here but it's okay for WoW or FF14 to do it? Why are people so salty? It's not like in WoW or FF14 that screw you for stopping your rent payment? I only bring those up because people like to refer to those as how it should all work financially, yet they're more expensive and demand a higher minimum buy in.

It's a landmass and a new class for $40. Suddenly the entire fanbase that feels entitled to have it given to them how they want get all salty. Seems a little childish.

Xpacs for FF14, for existing users, can cost up to $150. You can get the deluxe upgrade for $60. What other MMO offers a deluxe edition to their players for $60? Most single player AAA titles charge more than that.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the price. My issue is I cant use my crowns to purchase it. I'm failing to see the value of a sub anymore much much cheaper to just cough up for the DLC. This Xpac reveal is showing me that my crowns that are building up through my sub are useless. $40 worth of crowns sounds fair to me. 

I'm not into RNG, outfits, pets and crap, My stockpile of crowns are proving useless. $15 a month for a crafting bag is losing it's appeal quickly. They're killing the reason I sub.

It's not a problem, I'll kill my sub and just purchase the DLC and Xpac's from now on, much much cheaper for me that way.
    That's why I stopped the sub. As soon as they announced their new payment model I saw that there was nothing I wanted in the shop. Normally I'm all over the cosmetic outfits but I don't like anything in their shop.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    New class should be available for everyone.
    But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.
    To be fair, how is this different than when you didn't own WoTLK and couldn't make a DK.  Or the current DH if you didn't upgrade to Legion.  Just an honest question here.
    You're asking the wrong guy. I've already said more than enough about why this isn't a legitimate expansion.

@blueturtle13 was the one who zeroed in on the Warden for everyone... ask him.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Update:

I was paying $70.00 every 6 months (since release) for my sub. Now I've cancelled and I will buy the Xpac for $40.00 and whatever DLC they release. I'll be able to purchase a few of them with my balance of crowns. I already own every one of them as it was the only thing for me personally to spend my crowns on.

In my case it would have been to Zenimax's benefit to let me buy the Xpac with my crowns.

laserit said:
    Update:

I was paying $70.00 every 6 months (since release) for my sub. Now I've cancelled and I will buy the Xpac for $40.00 and whatever DLC they release. I'll be able to purchase a few of them with my balance of crowns. I already own every one of them as it was the only thing for me personally to spend my crowns on.

In my case it would have been to Zenimax's benefit to let me buy the Xpac with my crowns.
    I cancelled yesterday as well.

BTW... Matt just posted the brand new business model. These "chapters" (AKA "expansions" and formerly known as quarterly DLC) will be a yearly thing now:

Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Update:

BTW... Matt just posted the brand new business model. These "chapters" (AKA "expansions" and formerly known as quarterly DLC) will be a yearly thing now:

Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

Looks like cancelling was the right move. 

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Update:

Looks like cancelling was the right move. 
    Yup this blueprint they outlined makes subscribing completely foolish. I outlined it on the forums but for the price of a sub youre going to be able to buy 22000 or 44000 crowns depending on if you pay regular or sale price. You will be much further ahead if you save your sub money and buy crowns, assuming you want to keep playing the game at all. You then OWN everything and arent  just renting it. Semantics obviously but you wont lose what you have access to if you stop subbing.

Even if they can keep the 3 DLC promise (unlikely) thats 7500 crowns a year for those (unless they raise their prices dramatically) and you already have to pay for these 'chapters' just like everyone else. SO  if you buy 4 packages during a 40% sales youre going to have 36500 crowns left. Thats a lot of bank space to make up for that crafting bag (unless youre already maxed out already)

Short of giving subscribers discounts based on months subbed during the year for these chapters then subbing is useless.

They MUST have another plan in place somewhere for subscribers, they really cant think peopel cant do basic math and realize subscribing to the game right now it useless.

They probably should have taken the advice of people who were guessing "free to play" as the big announcement or at least a joint announcement of F2P in conjunction with Morrowind.
    rodarin said:

They MUST have another plan in place somewhere for subscribers, they really cant think peopel cant do basic math and realize subscribing to the game right now it useless.

They probably should have taken the advice of people who were guessing "free to play" as the big announcement or at least a joint announcement of F2P in conjunction with Morrowind.
    Don't underestimate people''s capacity for screwing-up basic math.

As to "F2P"... it already walks and talks like that duck.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Some people are calling it a DLC in expansion clothing.  This thing had better be big and not filled with tons of empty space either.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Some people are calling it a DLC in expansion clothing.  This thing had better be big and not filled with tons of empty space either.
    I do believe the central area of Vvardenfell is not playable. I would look at the twitch stream again but I'm already bored with all the forced smiles... your turn to look.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Iselin said:
    rodarin said:

prophetic as they have one of the expected polls going and the 'yes itys worth it' is winning 56-44. SO youre right people cant do math.
    rodarin said:
    Iselin said:
    rodarin said:

prophetic as they have one of the expected polls going and the 'yes itys worth it' is winning 56-44. SO youre right people cant do math.
    The 44% gives me hope :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED