The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion announced

1235»

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,136
    edited March 19
    Rawyn said:
    Well, not a good start so far. After creating an account and buying and downloading the game from their site, I keep getting login failed. I suppose I'll have to create a ticket....if I can find it in the support page, not having luck finding that yet, lol. 
    I wish I had seen your post before you bought it since I've seen others with the same problem in the official forums.

Yes, if you don't own ESO in any form yet, buying the full version of Morrowind (instead of the upgrade) gives you the base game also... BUT... you don't get use of the base game part until Morrowind launches in June if you buy it that way.

If you actually want to play the base game now you need to buy one of the base game versions now: either ESO TU without the 4 DLC or ESO Gold with the 4 DLC included, and after that you'd need to buy the Morrowind upgrade.

The reason it's not letting you play now is because your ownership of the base game included in the full retail Morrowind is not effective until June when it launches.

You're not the only one. Other brand new players have also found this out the hard way.

Here's a link to that bit of bad news in the ESO support knowledge base:  https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37411/kw/I bought morrowind but I can't play until June

If you want to go the base game + upgrade route instead of what you did, you should contact support and see if they'll refund what you bought and then buy ESO TU or ESO Gold and after that buy the Morrowind upgrade... or you could just wait until June.

And BTW, if you put in a ticket, you'll get a seemingly automated reply. You need to answer that apparent auto-reply  or your ticket will go into limbo.

Post edited by Iselin on
    Ah, you've been with the professors and they've all liked your looks
    With great lawyers you have discussed lepers and crooks
    You've been through all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books
    You're very well-read, it's well-known
    But something is happening here and you don't know what it is
    Do you, Mr. Jones?
  • RawynRawyn USAMember UncommonPosts: 187
    edited March 19
    Iselin said:
    Rawyn said:
    Well, not a good start so far. After creating an account and buying and downloading the game from their site, I keep getting login failed. I suppose I'll have to create a ticket....if I can find it in the support page, not having luck finding that yet, lol. 
    I wish I had seen your post before you bought it since I've seen others with the same problem in the official forums.

Yes, if you don't own ESO in any form yet, buying the full version of Morrowind (instead of the upgrade) gives you the base game also... BUT... you don't get use of the base game part until Morrowind launches in June if you buy it that way.

If you actually want to play the base game now you need to buy one of the base game versions now: either ESO TU without the 4 DLC or ESO Gold with the 4 DLC included, and after that you'd need to buy the Morrowind upgrade.

The reason it's not letting you play now is because your ownership of the base game included in the full retail Morrowind is not effective until June when it launches.

You're not the only one. Other brand new players have also found this out the hard way.

Here's a link to that bit of bad news in the ESO support knowledge base:  https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37411/kw/I bought morrowind but I can't play until June

If you want to go the base game + upgrade route instead of what you did, you should contact support and see if they'll refund what you bought and then buy ESO TU or ESO Gold and after that buy the Morrowind upgrade... or you could just wait until June.

And BTW, if you put in a ticket, you'll get a seemingly automated reply. You need to answer that apparent auto-reply  or your ticket will go into limbo.

Thanks for the info I put in a ticket. My bad, I will just wait on the response which I'm assuming will take up to a week for a reply.
    Post edited by Rawyn on
  • baphametbaphamet omaha, NEMember RarePosts: 3,286
    yeah, ESO's customer service has gone downhill for sure. there used to be a number you could call but now they got rid of that and make it as difficult as possible to actually talk to someone about your problem.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,717
    baphamet said:
    yeah, ESO's customer service has gone downhill for sure. there used to be a number you could call but now they got rid of that and make it as difficult as possible to actually talk to someone about your problem.
    They don't want to make it as difficult to talk to someone. Live support is crazy expensive. They just don't want to waste support money. It's probably cheaper to just lose a portion of players as customers than it is to maintain extensive live support.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: The Plugz, The Burning Sensations
    Album: Repo Man Soundtrack
    Featured Tracks: Hombre Secreto [Plugz], Pablo Picasso [Burning Sensations]
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,136
    baphamet said:
    Not really. Support has always been this way except maybe the first few weeks after launch when they loaded up on support staff just like most of them do at launch.

OTOH, the knowledge base part of their self-help structure is one of the best and most comprehensive databases I've ever seen for any game... for any product actually.
    Ah, you've been with the professors and they've all liked your looks
    With great lawyers you have discussed lepers and crooks
    You've been through all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books
    You're very well-read, it's well-known
    But something is happening here and you don't know what it is
    Do you, Mr. Jones?