Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tech

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944
presuming one must pay money to post in the Pantheon forum?
tech:
will the game utalize multi core cpu  (2,4,8 core cpu) or will it run mostly out of the gpu?
is it broadband required?
have they addressed a vr headset possibility?

is it scheduled to retail this or next year
is there ongoing daily access to beta testing or is + us$1000 access 'alpha' yet to start
how will it be similar to Vanguard or EQ1
there seem to be other Panthion kickstarter games: Monolith board games (Mythic battles), Diego Serrate Pinilla (Chaos), Thirdway industries (playing cards), McQuaid's Visionary Realms (Rise of the Fallen)...

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited January 2017
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that Unity can make use of all processors, so Pantheon will probably do so. I think most games do at this point. Not sure on multi-threading.

I doubt broadband will be required. MMOs are generally pretty low data. Ping is more important than anything in most online gaming.

They have mentioned a desire to support VR, but it's currently not a priority. Unity does support it.

It's currently slated for 2018.

How exactly access will work during beta has not been announced. I imagine it will vary depending on the phase. They plan to have a year of testing prior to launch and it will be a proper beta, not just an early access where people get to play the game early.

You can actually get the alpha pledge for $250. Was recently moved to higher tiers due to volume. Pre-alpha has actually not started yet, but is projected to start Q1 or Q2.

As to the similarities between Vanguard and EQ, you probably want to judge for yourself. I'd say based on what we've seen in streams and can read on the site, the core philosophy resembles EQ and the original concept for Vanguard. There will be new features on top of that foundation though.

Pantheon did have a kickstarter years ago.

• NEXTLEVLNEXTLEVL Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Dullahan basically answered everything, but I'd like to add on a few major factors regarding similarities to EQ1/EQOA. These things really appealed to me.

-No quest hubs, no quest-based (task) leveling, no punctuation (! / ?) above quest NPC's. Quests will be  long, meaningful, and serve an actual purpose.
    -No GPS minimap, only a compass.
    -Severe death penalty (XP loss)
    -
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    bhug said:
    presuming one must pay money to post in the Pantheon forum?
    tech:
    will the game utalize multi core cpu  (2,4,8 core cpu) or will it run mostly out of the gpu?
    is it broadband required?
    have they addressed a vr headset possibility?

is it scheduled to retail this or next year
    is there ongoing daily access to beta testing or is + us$1000 access 'alpha' yet to start
    how will it be similar to Vanguard or EQ1
    there seem to be other Panthion kickstarter games: Monolith board games (Mythic battles), Diego Serrate Pinilla (Chaos), Thirdway industries (playing cards), McQuaid's Visionary Realms (Rise of the Fallen)...
    Dullahan did a great job of answering (thank you, Dullah) but I just wanted to let you know that our forums are free to read and search to find all of this information and more, we do require a small $5 sub minimum to post or if you purchase a pledge it come with unlimited access to posting within the pledge tier purchased, to help support development.

We have an extensive FAQ that is about to be updated again within the next week or so and I would encourage everyone to check it out and we have gone over many questions and answered them as best as we can :)

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/