Cooking system, hunger/thirst, and hunting

InebriatedSkunkInebriatedSkunk Member UncommonPosts: 38
Call me weird, but I'd love for this game to have a fun cooking system. In most games cooking is just get a few ingredients, click a button and *BOOM* you have a four couse meal. I haven't played much of it, but GW2 seemed to have a decent cooking system in which recipes were found through experimentation and trial and error. Not sure if this was truely the case because I very quickly got bored of the game and left.

If any such system was involved, maybe there could be some light survival mechanics involved. Not Minecraft style, where you take damage if you don't eat, but more of a system where you progress from full>good>hungry/thirsy>famished/parched>starving/whatever the word is for "critically thirsty" :) . Each stage progressivly stacking debuffs such as weakness and movement speed loss, and after being in the red for so long, slipping into death.

Such a system would introduce the need for two more player professions: farming and hunting. Big burly soldiers need tons of meat and ale before a good fight, and someone needs to provide the BBQ and booze. Farmers can practice animal husbandry, crop growing and harvesting, and even brewery using barley, hops, grapes and the like. In the meats department, players can go out to participate in PVE combat to kill big boars and bears, or be stealthy for game like deer and rabbit. Farmers can also produce meats for their realms thru butchery of cows, pigs, goats, chickens, and sheep.

Not sure if any system like this is planned yet or not, but this is my idea of a few steps to make CU more of an immersive world. After all, what's a campfire without good buddies telling war stories, drinking grog and consuming unhealthy ammounts of meat around it, eh?

Comments